300 blackouts are rifles every hunter needs to use at least once in their lifetime, especially if your targets of choice are larger sized animals or it is for use as an assault rifle with the military, which is why it was originally designed, with the M4 as its original platform.
The reason is this helps you hone your focus while moving silently fuelled by a subsonic power and resolve. What this means is that 300 blackout rifles are the most proactive sound suppressors in the market.
Bearing a slight resemblance to short-barreled AR rifle types, a standard 300 blackout rifle deserves a befitting accessory with the kind of stellar optical technology that will aid you on tons of shooting adventures while giving you substantial value for every money spent or a bang for the buck, as people call it these days.
Hence, in true fashion and the spirit of camaraderie, here are 7 most recommended scopes for your 300 blackout soldiers. Enjoy!
The Best 300 Blackout Scopes Are:
|1. Trijicon 1-6x24 VCOG Riflescopes|
|Check Current Price|
|2. Vortex Optics Strike Eagle Second Focal Plane Riflescopes||Check Current Price|
|3. EOTECH HHS II Holographic Hybrid Sight - EXPS2-2 with G33 Magnifier||Check Current Price|
|4. Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle Riflescope with 3.3-Inch Eye Relief, 3-9X 40mm||Check Current Price|
|5. Bravo3 BTL SGT 3X24 300BLK HS Illum Horseshoe/dot||Check Current Price|
|6. Lucid 4x Prismatic Weapons Optic with P7 Reticle||Check Current Price|
|7. CenterPoint 1-4x20 MSR Rifle Scope with Offset Picatinny Mount and Glass Reticle||Check Current Price|
1. Trijicon 1-6×24 VCOG Riflescopes — Best Scope for 300 Blackout
A device with zero distortion the light gathering capabilities of the Trijicon 1-8×24 VCOG Riflescope are second to none. Also, it doesn’t require batteries to gather light but only for the reticle which illuminates a red horseshoe reticle for precise marking on every target.
To allow for quick and accurate range estimation, it features bullet drop compensating and ranging reticles which also allows for the application of the correct hold. Housed in forged 7075-T6 aircraft-aluminium-alloy material, this product is highly durable and near indestructible, built for superior reliability in every shooting scenario.
Its VCOG comprises a single AA battery commonly used across the globe which means that not only does this battery offer 6 adjustable brightness settings for the LED reticle, you are able to walk into just about any store and find it. Even better, when powered by a lithium AA battery (Like the one provided), it boasts of battery life of 700 hours at setting 4 even when constantly on.
Be rest assured that the subtensions and drops stay loyal at any magnification, supported by its first focal plane reticle. Other significant features include easy rotation and adjustability throughout the shooting adventure, generous eye relief, inclusive quick-release mount for any 1913 Picatinny rail and waterproof performance up to 20 meters (66 ft.) Now, we believe the Trijicon 1-6×24 VCOG riflescopes are just showing off and we love to see it!
- Red Horseshoe reticle compatible with 55-grain .223 loads
- First focal plane featuring a ballistic reticle that can be used at any magnification
- 700 hours of battery time with continuous use at setting 4 or 6 powered by a lithium AA battery
- Waterproof to 66 feet and illumination electronics that are Mil Spec tough
- Full 90 MOA of windage and elevation adjustment available in 1/2 in./click increments at 100m
- Its VCOG feature packs some of the highest light gathering capabilities in the market
- Tough, rugged and durable
- Versatile: its VCOG matches with various calibers and bullet weights
- 6x magnification allows weak eyes to easily zero-in on 50-yard targets
- Extended battery life when you use a lithium AA battery
- Easy to adjust and change
- User may experience difficulty navigating at the highest maximum magnification while trying to find moving targets
- Narrow field view not sufficient for combat
We are not saying our top choice MUST be your first choice but who better to trust with undiluted, comprehensive and wholesome reviews than us? Happy shopping!
2. Vortex Optics Strike Eagle Second Focal Plane Riflescopes
Although built to serve hunting purposes, this product is as versatile as they come, fuelled by its crisp optics and lightning speed. Its speed is such that, at long distances, it can easily transition up to 6x magnification for quick target acquisition.
You can make this transition even faster with the addition of the optional Vortex Switchview SV-4 Throw Lever. Also, an extra battery can be stored in the windage cap and easily released accordingly. Overall, It is one of the best Vortex products in this category.
- Adjusts to six power for quick target acquisition
- High-quality multi-coated lenses
- Illuminated, glass-etched BDC reticle features 11 illumination settings to accommodate changing light conditions.
- Fast focus dial on the eyepiece to ensure that your reticle is always sharp
- Waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof
- Built solidly to withstand weather conditions
- Holds zero quite well
- Easily adjustable features
- Illumination isn’t very bright
- The rear flip cap self-destructs
The first thing to expect from products housed in aircraft-grade aluminum tubes is their dynamic functionalities. With one of the best from Vortex optics, you are in for a BANGING adventure. Best part? You get to keep things hush-hush.
3. EOTECH HHS II Holographic Hybrid Sight – EXPS2-2 with G33 Magnifier
Although on the really expensive side for a rifle spotting scope, the manufacturers of this stunner will tell you EOTECH Holographic Weapon Sights (HWS) are powered by superior holographic technology, ranking high on the list of fastest and most instinctual sighting systems in the market. This, we have found to be true, and we have aptly dubbed it the EOTECH edge.
Featuring a Holographic Hybrid Sight II (HHS II) which comes with an EXPS2-2 and a G33 Magnifier for added speed, this technology gives you sights that travel faster than the speed of sound, keeping you in perfect precision with objects near or far. Paired with a quick switch-to-side mount and iron sight backup? The EOTECH is literally unstoppable.
- Product Dimensions: 7.7” x 2.3” x 3.3” inches
- Weight: 22.4 ounces
- Weaver mount
- Source of power: 1 CR123 battery
- 3x field magnification
- 2 inch eye relief
- 3 degrees field of vision
- HWS offers multiple brightness settings in standard operating mode for quick adjustability in any shooting condition
- G33 Magnifier and Switch-to-Side mount let you shift easily between close-quarter to medium-range targets with the included
- Pinpoint precision at any range
- Versatile to the maximum
- Quick target acquisition and rock-solid
- Engineered to meet the rugged demands of the serious precision shooter
- Several reported cases of counterfeit products. Only purchase from sites like Amazon or straight from the manufacturer
We especially like how EOTECH makes everything look so easy, neat and cool, can take a good beating at any time of the day, and gives you pinpoint precision and unrivaled clarity at any range level with both eyes open.
4. Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle Riflescope with 3.3-Inch Eye Relief, 3-9X 40mm
Enter a product featuring dusk and dawn brightness designed for the trophy hunter as the best times for big game hunting are usually in the early hours of the morning or in the late hours of the evening.
In addition to its dusk and dawn brightness (DDB) feature for outstanding HD clarity, the entire Bushnell Banner series includes a full assortment of specialty scopes for big-game, varmint, .22 rimfire, slug, black powder, and turkey hunting.
- Product dimensions: 16.3 x 2.5 x 3.1 inches ; 13 ounces
- Dusk & Dawn Brightness (DDB) multi coated optics
- One-piece tube
- Dry-nitrogen filled.
- 1/4 M.O.A. fingertip windage and elevation adjustment.
- Fast-focus eyepiece.
- Reliable for shooting adventures at dusk and/or dawn
- For the price, it is surprisingly durable
- Can withstand the recoil from a 300 blackout
- Image becomes blurry at the highest magnification level
- Fogs easily
The Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn series pack more than enough punch when you consider the price. It is a good budget scope and unlike most budget scopes, you can actually look past its cons.
5. Bravo3 BTL SGT 3X24 300BLK HS Illum Horseshoe/dot
Brought to you from the stables of Sig Sauer, this product did not need to weigh much to be handy and relatively durable, with its unique graphite finish.
It is optimized for close to medium range scenarios while producing images with edge-to-edge clarity and distortion-free views, solid design, and high resolution. Ever heard of an illuminated horseshoe dot reticle? No worries if you haven’t. This one is quite easy to navigate.
- Weight: 15.8 ounces
- Family: Bravo Series MODEL: Bravo 3 MegaView
- Type: Accessory-Lasers and Sights
- Finish: Graphite
- Magnification: 3x Objective Size: :24mm Adjustments: :1/2″ MOA illuminated Horseshoe Dot reticle
- Constructed from lightweight magnesium and hosts additional mounting points via Picatinny rails on its body
- Features 3x24mm fixed magnifier with a horseshoe reticle optimized for the .300 Blackout
- Comes with Sig Sauers best optical coatings including LENSHIELD and HDX coatings
- Built under the Sig Sauer Stealth ID design program
- A massive 10-degree field of view with 2.93” of eye relief
- Insufficient recoil power
This product is a catch, and it helps that you can carry it anywhere quite easily. Therefore, at the risk of sounding like cliched grandparents and having you experience a rare moment of collective eye-rolling, we say, Bravo!
6. Lucid 4x Prismatic Weapons Optic with P7 Reticle
With an absolutely incredible clear glass, this product holds zero amazingly well for up to 100 yards. It allows for fast target acquisition while being exceptionally easy to use for a tactical scope.
With its super auto brightness sensor, you only need to adjust your weapon once and afterward you are invincible, even while transitioning from a bright condition to a darker one.
- Product dimensions: 8 x 4.4 x 3.1 inches ; 1.4 pounds
- Auto brightness sensor for one time adjusting throughout your experience
- Available kill flash filter
- Mounting – a robust Picatinny rail mount is built in for secure and rock solid mounting to most weapons platforms
- 100 percent waterproof, shockproof and fog proof
- Exceptional zero-in power
- Ultra clear optics
- Extended life even after battery dies
- Compatible with all 300 blackout types
- May become defective with rigorous use after a short while
Although this is no ACOG, you get it at roughly a quarter of the price you will get an ACOG for and with nearly as much value. We love it for its P7 reticle feature that gives you outstanding clarity, is easy to use and allows for quick target acquisition.
7. CenterPoint 1-4×20 MSR Rifle Scope with Offset Picatinny Mount and Glass Reticle
This product from Crosman is the recoil power of your dreams, as should be. Housed in a rock-solid, reliable and rugged construction that will stick with you for the long haul with a range of up to 250 yards, this scope is ideal for 300 blackout and AR rifles.
- Product dimensions: 12 x 3.5 x 5 inches
- 1-inch diameter tube
- Quick-aim reticle with 3 MOA center dot
- 65 MOA ring for ultimate versatility
- Extra-long eye relief
- Includes Picatinny rail mount rings and lens covers
- Bright and clear Illumination
- Accumulates light well enough to be utilized in the early evenings.
- Can be used with both eyes open on 1x
- 2-4x powers with tolerable eye box and approximately 4 inches of eye relief
- Zoom adjustment is smooth
- The magnifier isn’t capable of holding close to 1x
- Produces a disturbing fisheye effect when looking through the scope
If you are genuinely trying to save money, this product makes for a decent buy and you are able to get as much value as you can without encountering too many downsides.
Now, we tend to give you long-winded reviews about what to consider when shopping for a scope, without fully establishing what NOT to look for in a scope.
Honestly, and we say this from past experience, steer clear of cheap glass type, advertised as great budget scopes that give you great value. It is really simple: You cannot compromise on glass clarity.
This kind of glass is usually found in high magnification scopes and goes on to produce hazy or warped images that get worse as the magnification increases.
Buying Complex Scopes
Contrary to popular opinion, buying a complex scope does not make you a cooler, misunderstood nerd, it simply makes the work more….complex.
Buying Too-Simple Scopes
The fact that you are advised to buy simpler scopes does not mean you should go for overly simplistic scopes either.
Not Bothering With Accessories
The goal should be to get as much value for your money as possible. Consider going for scopes that come with mounts, rails, scope rings, bases, flip up caps and lens covers. These should not be regarded as afterthoughts.
Buying Scopes With Oversized Lens
The idea that the larger your objective lens, the better your clarity, is a myth.
The vast majority of hunting happens at ranges of 500 yards or less. At 100-300 yards, most hunting caliber rifles are unaffected by temperature as they shoot a fast trajectory. Therefore, we recommend a duplex reticle.
Buying The Wrong Scope
Before you swipe that credit card, determine why you are buying the scope in the first place. This little trick will go a long way in helping you settle on the best decision.
When we prepare reviews like these for you, we aim to please, to ensure you never lose a fight, and to give superior insight into some of the most efficient scopes in the market. With 300 blackout rounds, you are guaranteed to enjoy an orgasmic and seamless experience forged out of a shooter’s wildest dreams.
This is especially true with our favorite, the Trijicon 1-6×24 VCOG Scope, which tops all the other scopes in our list in versatility and ruggedness, and is the all-around superior scope.