- 1 – Sightmark LoPro Green Laser Sight
- 2 – Ozark Armament Green Laser Sight System
- 3 – Ade Advanced Optics Green Tactical Laser Dot
- 4 – IWin Mall Green Dot Sight
- 5 – Truglo Tactical Micro Laser
- Red VS Green Lasers. Which Are Better?
- AR 15 Lasers Buying Guide
- Best AR 15 Lasers Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
Laser sights provide a good way to tell where your bullet will impact. They can be used during the day, but they are especially good for shooting at night or in low light conditions. Laser sights have been used by the law enforcement and military forces for years now, and they’re getting more popular for household use as well.
A good laser sight should be easy to install and adjust, and it should provide a bright dot that’s easy to track. In the following article, we present the best AR 15 lasers of 2017 and list their pros and cons.
- Sightmark LoPro Green Laser Sight
- PRICE $$$
- Design : Low Profile Design
- Power Output : 5 mW or less
- Class : IIIA
- Dimensions: 3.8 x 1.5 x 4.5 inches
- Ozark Armament Green Laser Sight System
- PRICE $$
- Design : Exclusive redesigned and reinforced electronics
- Power Output : <5mW
- Class : 3R
- Dimensions: 5.6 inches long and 1 inch in diameter
- Ade Advanced Optics Green Tactical Laser Dot
- PRICE $
- Design : Adjustable windage and elevation
- Power Output : <5mW
- Class : 3R
- Dimensions: Length: 4.7'' / Tube Diameter: 1'' / Laser Wavelength: 532nm
- IWin Mall Green Dot Sight
- PRICE $
- Design : 3 Modes Design
- Power Output : <5mw
- Class : IIIa
- Dimensions: Length: 135mm （about 5.31inch), Height: 36mm (about 1.42inch)
- Truglo Tactical Micro Laser
- PRICE $$$$
- Design : 2 Modes Design
- Power Output : <1mW
- Class : II
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.8 x 2.8 inches
1 – Sightmark LoPro Green Laser SightThe Sightmark LoPro has a low profile design, so you’ll be able to mount it in front of your optics without interfering with its field of view. The laser sight can be attached to both Picatinny and Weaver rails, making it more versatile than other models.
This sight features 1 MOA click adjustments, and you can also adjust the windage and elevation by hand. This makes zeroing in easy, and you won’t have any trouble with it.
The laser sight is built out of thermoplastic, so it won’t rust and it will also be resistant to heat. The durable shell is also impact resistant, waterproof, and shockproof, so it will withstand the usual wear and tear.
- Good Visibility Ranges – You can easily see the green laser from up to 50 yards during the daytime, and up to 600 yards at night. This will allow you to use the sight in all kind of scenarios.
- Good Battery Life – The laser sight uses one CR123 battery, and a single battery can last for up to 27 hours of continuous use
- Poor Water Resistance – Even though the sight is advertised as waterproof, it’s not.
2 – Ozark Armament Green Laser Sight SystemThe green laser sight produced by Orzark Armament is made out of tough aircraft aluminum, so it’s very resistant to shock or impacts. The laser sight will also withstand the force of the recoil without losing its zero. Even though this green sight system is very durable, the aluminum casing is lightweight, so the sight weighs less than 6 ounces.
The sight system comes with both rail and barrel mounts, so you can easily attach it to your firearm. The laser is very bright and crisp, and you can see it clearly during the daytime. The laser is powered by a single CR123A battery that’s included in the package. The on/off switch allows you to prolong the laser’s battery life.
- Bright – The laser is very bright, and it’s also large. This will allow you to see it clearly during the day, and to spot it further during the night.
- Easy To Zero – This green laser sight is easy to zero. The sight will maintain its zero for a long time, even if you fire multiple rounds.
- Large Barrel Mount – The sight’s barrel mount is at least 1” in diameter, so it will only fit on shotgun barrels.
3 – Ade Advanced Optics Green Tactical Laser DotIf you’re looking for a laser sight but you don’t want to spend too much money on one, you should take a closer look at this model. This green laser sight comes at a great price, and it provides a very good value.
This laser sight is compatible with Picatinny rails, and you can install it easily on your AR 15 rifle. The laser is powered by a CR123 battery that’s included in the package. You can turn the sight on/off at any time, so you can save its battery life.
The sight is made out of durable aluminum, and it’s both shock and waterproof. You won’t have to lose a lot of time zeroing this sight, and you can adjust the windage and elevation
- Precise Adjustments – This laser sight can be adjusted up or down and left or right in small but precise increments
- Cheap – The laser sight comes at a cheap price, despite its efficiency in the field.
- Not Very Bright – This laser is not very bright, and you might find it difficult to spot on a sunny day
4 – IWin Mall Green Dot SightThe WNOSH green laser sight is made out of aircraft-grade aluminum. The aluminum casing is durable, lightweight, and it’s very difficult to scratch. The sight comes with two mounts. The first one is compatible with Picatinny and Weaver rails, and the second one is a barrel clamp mount.
The green emitter is very bright, and you will be able to spot it during the daytime. The green dot can reach up to 1,500 meters at night, and up to 100 m during the day. The laser beam is intense, and it’s easier to spot than other models.
- Powerful – The laser sight is powerful, and you won’t have any problems seeing it during the day. During the night, the laser is very bright and it will be visible over long distances
- Good Customer Service – Not only do the manufacturers offer a seller’s warranty, but they will also offer a 30-day money back guarantee and a full year replacement warranty
- Short Battery Life – This model drains the battery pretty fast. Thankfully, it uses a rechargeable battery. Even so, it might be better to have a spare close at hand.
5 – Truglo Tactical Micro LaserIf you’re looking for a powerful laser sight that can take a beating and still work, you have to take a closer look at this model. The laser sight has a compact design that will fit on any weapon that has a Picatinny or a Weaver rail. The sight is designed to be easy to use by both left handed and right handed people. The push-bottom activation will allow you to save the sight’s battery life.
The compact design makes the Truglo Tactical easy to install. After you mount the laser sight, you can adjust its windage and elevation using the side buttons. This laser sight is really lightweight, so it won’t be difficult to keep it attached at all times.
- Battery Saving Feature – If the laser has been inactive for 5 minutes, it will automatically shut off. This will help prolong the battery’s life
- Small – The laser sight is very small, so you can mount it on every firearm you have, including pistols.
- Difficult To Zero On Tall Handguns – The laser sight can be difficult to adjust on tall handguns. However, this is not a problem if you want to mount it on a rifle.
Red VS Green Lasers. Which Are Better?
If you’ve been looking for a new laser sight, you might have noticed that some of them produce a red laser, while others produce a green one. Well, if you’ve noticed that, you might have also noticed the price difference. Usually, a green laser sight will be more expensive than a red one. Have you ever wondered why?
Well, one of the reasons the green lasers are more expensive than the red ones is that they’re easier to spot. The human eye can detect green with greater ease than it does red, so you will have a natural tendency to see the green laser better.
Green lasers are also more powerful than red ones. They produce a brighter light, so they will be easier to spot, especially during the day. Red laser sights produce a weaker light, so they won’t be as visible as the green ones in sunny days.
However, the higher power of the green lasers also means that they consume more batteries in the same amount of time. Luckily, some manufacturers produce green lasers that can use rechargeable batteries, so you won’t have to buy a new one every time it runs out.
If you’re buying a laser sight, chances are you’re planning on using it at night. In low light conditions, green and red lasers are comparable, but the green ones still have an edge. They will be visible over a longer distance, so you will be able to shoot accurately further.
Overall, the green lasers are better than the red ones, but that doesn’t mean the red lasers are useless. They can still provide a good target, especially if you want to use them at night.
AR 15 Lasers Buying Guide
Laser sights provide a reliable way of acquiring your target fast. They can be used during the day, but they are especially useful during the night when you can’t use your iron sights reliably. Finding the best lasers for your AR 15 is not very difficult if you know what to look for. In the following section, we explain how to determine which is the right model for your needs.
If you’re looking for a laser sight, chances are you want to use it at night. To use a laser sight reliably during the night, you have to find a bright model. Not only will the brightness of the sight allow you to spot it easier during the night, but it will also make the laser more visible during the day.
A bright laser is easy to spot on sunny days. It’s true that you won’t be able to see the laser over a large distance but can use it to make a short-range shot.
If a laser is not very bright, you won’t be able to use it during the day, especially if you want to shoot on a sunny day. However, this might not be a problem if you use other sighting systems, such as iron sights or AR scopes. Even though the brightest lasers will be easy to see during the day, you will still only be able to make short-range shots using them only.
You might not think about it instantly, but the size of the laser sight is also important. If you usually carry your rifle in a hard AR case, you will have to carve a space for the laser sight in the case’s foam. The size of the sight can also influence the other accessories you can mount on your rifle’s forearm. If the laser sight is large, you might not have enough space to attach a forearm grip.
A good laser sight is large enough to withstand the rifle’s recoil but is small enough as to not inconvenience the other accessories you can attach to your forearm.
As you could see from our short reviews, lasers come with different prices. Some models can cost five times more than others, so finding the right one might seem difficult at first.
You might be wondering if the price difference really reflects how good a laser model is compared to another. Well, the truth is, it doesn’t. Some models are more expensive than others, but they don’t offer anything worth the price difference. Others are more expensive, and they’re also better. If you can find the most affordable one, you will have a chance to modify your AR15 with some other parts like AR bipods or AR slings.
If you want to find the best laser for your AR 15, you should think about how you’re going to use it more frequently. If you’re buying a laser for fun, so you can shoot at the range, you shouldn’t invest in an expensive model. Cheap ones will serve you just right for that purpose.
If on the other hand, you want to buy a laser sight for your home-defense firearm, you should make sure you invest in a high-quality model.
- Compatible Accessories
Some shooters prefer using the laser sight and the rifle mounted tactical flashlight at the same time. If you’re one of them, you might want to check out the brightest laser sights. Weak lasers won’t produce a dot bright enough to track easily if you’re using the flashlight at the same time.
If you want to use night vision goggles, you might be better off choosing a weak laser. This will allow you to track the laser with ease when you have the goggles on.
- Environmental Considerations
If you’re planning on using the laser sight in very warm or very cold environments, you should choose a red laser over a green one. Red laser sights are more resilient to environmental conditions, so they will perform better in extreme weather.
Best AR 15 Lasers Comparison Chart
|Sightmark LoPro Green Laser Sight||$$$||Low Profile Design||5 mW or less||IIIA||3.8 x 1.5 x 4.5 inches|
|Ozark Armament Green Laser Sight System||$$||Exclusive redesigned and reinforced electronics||<5mW||3R||5.6 inches long and 1 inch in diameter|
|Ade Advanced Optics Green Tactical Laser Dot||$||Adjustable windage and elevation||<5mW||3R||Length: 4.7'' / Tube Diameter: 1'' / Laser Wavelength: 532nm|
|IWin Mall Green Dot Sight||$||3 Modes Design||<5mW||IIIa||Length: 135mm （about 5.31inch), Height: 36mm (about 1.42inch)|
|Truglo Tactical Micro Laser||$$$$||2 Modes Design||<1mW||II||8.5 x 5.8 x 2.8 inches|
Keep in mind that using a laser sight during the day won’t be very efficient, so you will still need to aim using your iron sights or optics system. Laser sights are very efficient in low light or no light conditions, and they will provide a good target when you can’t use your other aiming equipment.
If you want to find the best AR 15 laser, you have to think about how you’re going to use it most often. If you want to buy one for your home-defense weapon, choose a model with an extended battery life. If you want to use it for tactical purposes, choose one that’s very bright.