Choosing the best concealed carry holster can be difficult at times. There are a lot of models available on the market, but not all of them will fit your pistol properly. This is why we decided to review the best IWB holster models and reveal their pros and cons.
After extensive research and testing, we decided that the following 10 models are better than their competitors, even though they come at widely different prices and most of them are cheap. Without further ado, let’s take a look at some great concealed carry solutions.[go_pricing id=”concealedcarryholster”]
Table of Contents
- Best Concealed Carry Holsters (Updated List)
- 1. CYA Supply Co IWB Holster For M&P Shield
- 2. Creatrill Waistband Holster
- 3. CYA Supply Co IWB Holster For Glocks
- 4. DTOM Leather Ambidextrous Holster
- 5. Lirisy Leather IWB Holster
- 6. Relentless Tactical Leather Holster
- 7. Alien Gear IWB Holster
- 8. DTOM Combination Holster
- 9. Muddy River Tactical Soft Sided Holster
- 10. Concealed Carrier Universal IWB Holster
- Best Concealed Carry Holster Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
Best Concealed Carry Holsters (Updated List)
1. CYA Supply Co IWB Holster For M&P Shield
We start off this list by presenting one of the most popular concealed carry solutions on the market. The CYA Supply Co holster is a public favorite, and it’s easy to see why. This model has a strong and durable design, and it’s so well made it’s difficult to find a flaw in it. Moreover, the holster comes at an acceptable price.
We were really impressed by how snugly the M&P Shield fits in this holster. Thanks to the tight fit, the holster will keep the pistol from moving around, and it will also stay close to your body, making it very easy to conceal under a shirt or blouse.
- Adjustable Retention Screws – This IWB holster comes with adjustable retention screws that will allow you to personalize your draw
- No Way To Fix – This holster is molded to match the M&P Shield precisely, so if anything breaks you won’t be able to fix it
2. Creatrill Waistband Holster
The Creatrill inside the waistband holster is a great budget solution for those who are looking for a conceal carry solution but don’t want to spend too much money. This model is made out of a neoprene and polymer combination that gives it durability and increases its comfort at the same time. The polymer insert is pretty spacious, and it will fit the M&P Shield and some of the most popular Glock models. Unfortunately, this is not a good Glock 19 holster as this pistol will be too large to fit into the insert.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it offers a flexible carry. This means that the holster’s clip will allow it to move slightly when you bend over or flex, which will keep the holster close to your body at all times.
- Great Price – Despite its great performance, this model comes at a great price
- Clip Can Be Sharp – The holster’s clip can come with sharp edges. You might want to file those before wearing the holster.
3. CYA Supply Co IWB Holster For Glocks
This CYA Supply Co holster is very similar to the first one we included on our list, but this one is specially designed to fit the most popular Glocks, whereas the first one was created to accommodate the M&P Shield. The holster is made out of the same durable material, and it will fit the stock versions of the Glock 19, 23, and 32. The holster will also fit the Glock 19 Gen 5.
As we said before, this holster is so good it’s difficult to find a fault in it. This model produces an audible click whenever you holster your pistol correctly, and it will fit the Glocks nicely, without allowing them to move.
- Low Profile – This holster has a low profile, so it’s very easy to conceal
- Draw Needs Practice – Since the holster has a low profile and fits right next to your body, you will have to practice your draw to perform it quickly
4. DTOM Leather Ambidextrous Holster
The DTOM ambidextrous holster comes at a great price, considering that it’s made out of genuine leather. This model has an ambidextrous design, so you can use it with both your right and your left hand. You only have to unscrew the clip and screw it on the holster’s other side to change its hand orientation.
We liked that this model has an open universal design that will fit a lot of handgun models. The holster will fit the Glock 19, the S&W .40 cal, and the 1911 without any problems. Thanks to its open design, the heavy guns will sit deeper in the holster, whereas the lighter ones will sit higher.
- Universal Design – This model has a universal design that will fit most handgun models
- Will Stretch – This holster is made out of leather, so it will stretch over time.
5. Lirisy Leather IWB Holster
The Lirisy inside the waistband holster is probably the cheapest leather holster you will find on the market today. And not only does this model come at a great price, but it also has a good design that allows it to accommodate multiple types of handguns. This unit will fit the most popular Glocks, including the Glock 19, the M&P Shield, the Springfield XD and XDS, and more similar models.
One of the things we appreciated about this model was that it provides an easy access to your pistol. Even though the holster stands close to your body and fits the handgun snugly, you won’t have any problems drawing the pistol quickly when you have to.
- Lifetime Warranty – Even though this is a cheap model, it comes with a lifetime warranty
- Leather Is Not Great – As you would expect from a cheap model, the leather itself is not great, so you will have to be careful not to tear it.
6. Relentless Tactical Leather Holster
The Relentless Tactical IWB holster is another popular choice amongst shooters. This model is made in the USA out of genuine bull hide leather, and it’s large enough to accommodate some of the most popular pistol models. The holster will fit several Glock models, including the Glock 19, the M&P Shield, and other similarly sized guns.
We liked the fact that this model is backed by a lifetime warranty. This is a clear sign of the manufacturer’s confidence in the holster, and it’s also a great way to ensure you will use this unit for a long time. Another good thing about this model is that it offers an easy access to your gun, giving you the possibility to draw quickly.
- Good Quality Leather – The leather’s quality is very fine. The stitching is nice and precise, and the edges do not bite into your skin
- Gun Rides Low – The gun rides low in this holster, and there is no way to change that. This can be a problem if you’re used to wearing tactical pants because it can become uncomfortable over time.
7. Alien Gear IWB Holster
The Alien Gear Holster the perfect choice for those who are looking for a comfortable concealed carry solution that is flexible enough to bend when you do, but strong enough to keep your handgun steadily in place.
We were impressed by this model’s design. The holster is fully-adjustable, and you can raise or lower the ride height, the retention, and the gun’s angle. Not only will the small adjustments make the holster more comfortable, but they will also improve your drawing time.
The holster comes with a neoprene back pad that’s comfortable enough to wear directly against the skin. The neoprene is soft, and it won’t chafe even if you wear it in the warm season.
- Very Comfortable – The holster’s design and the fact that you can make small adjustments on how the pistol will fit make this model very comfortable to wear
- Thin Neoprene Backpad – The neoprene back pad is thin, and it can wear out over time.
8. DTOM Combination Holster
The great thing about the DTOM combination holster is that you can either use it as an inside the waistband or a pocket concealed carry solution. This is great because it will allow you to carry the holster in multiple outfits. When you wear jeans, you can use it as an IWB model, and when you wear a tactical vest or a pair of tactical pants you can simply place it in your pocket for a convenient draw.
We liked the holster’s slim and compact design. This will allow you to conceal this unit with ease. However, the slim design somewhat limits the gun models that will fit into this unit. The holster can hold the Taurus TCP 380, the Keltec P32, and other similarly sized handguns
- Lightweight – The holster is lightweight, and it will be comfortable to carry for long spans of time
- Clip Could Be Wider – The holster’s clip is pretty narrow, so it won’t fit on a lot of belts.
9. Muddy River Tactical Soft Sided Holster
The Muddy River Tactical is a well-crafted genuine leather holster that can fit a lot of pistol models. This unit is made out of water buffalo hides, and the great thing about it is that it’s very comfortable to wear, even during the warm season. The holster is soft-sided, and the side that’s facing your body feels nice to the touch, and it doesn’t chafe your skin. This will allow you to wear the holster in most concealed carry positions without discomfort.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it doesn’t add a lot of bulk to your gun. In fact, the holster is pretty slim, so it’s very easy to conceal. And despite the fact that the holster retains your pistol really well, it allows you to draw the gun fairly easily.
- Soft – This holster is really soft and nice to the touch, so you can wear it comfortably for long periods of time.
- Clip Could Be Longer – The holster’s clip is nice and strong, but it’s rather short. This will make the holster difficult to use with wide belts.
10. Concealed Carrier Universal IWB Holster
We finish off this list by presenting another public favorite. The Concealed Carrier universal holster is amongst the most popular models currently available on the market, and it’s fairly easy to see why. First off, this model comes at a great price. Second, the holster is large enough to accommodate most popular handgun models. Moreover, the holster’s design allows you to use it with laser and flashlight attachments as well. And as an added bonus, the manufacturer will provide a free small-sized holster whenever you buy a unit.
We have to admit, this unit offers so many benefits, it’s difficult to find any faults in it. The holster has a universal design that will fit full-sized, mid-sized, compact and sub-compact pistols, and it comes with a thumb-break retention strap for an improved security.
- Great Value – This model has a great value. The holster has a high quality and comes at a low price.
- Not Good For SOB Carry – This holster might be uncomfortable if you want to use it in the small of back carry position, especially if you use it to hold a full-sized handgun
Best Concealed Carry Holster Comparison Chart
|CYA Supply Co IWB Holster For M&P Shield||$$$||.08" Thickness Boltaron Material||Only Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9MM/.40 S&W||Right|
|Creatrill Waistband Holster||$||Neoprene and polymer combination||Most Compact & Subcompact Pistols||Left / Right|
|CYA Supply Co IWB Holster For Glocks||$$$$||.08" Thickness Boltaron Material||Glock 19 / 23 / 32||Right|
|DTOM Leather Ambidextrous Holster||$$||Genuine leather||Most popular Large and Medium size guns||Left / Right|
|Lirisy Leather IWB Holster||$$||Handmade from genuine cowhide leather||Most popular Glocks, the M&P Shield, the Springfield XD and XDS||Left / Right|
|Relentless Tactical Leather Holster||$$$$||Genuine bull hide leather||Several Glock models, the M&P Shield, similarly sized guns||Left / Right|
|Alien Gear IWB Holster||$$$$$||Neoprene / Thermoelastic polymer surface||Most Modern Guns||Left / Right|
|DTOM Combination Holster||$$$||Tough Nylon||Taurus TCP 380, the Keltec P32, and other similarly sized handguns||Left / Right|
|Muddy River Tactical Soft Sided Holster||$$$||100% Natural Leather||A lot of pistol models||Left / Right|
|Concealed Carrier Universal IWB Holster||$$||Breathable surgical grade elastic neoprene||Most popular handgun models||Left / Right|
As you could see, not even the best concealed carry holster won’t be able to accommodate every pistol model in use. Sure, there are some universal models that will fit more models than most, but it’s still safer to make sure that the holster will match your handgun perfectly before ordering a model. The best way to do a thorough research online.
We have reviewed Kydex IWB holsters, fanny pack holsters, pancake holsters, small of back holsters, belly band holsters, ankle holsters, holsters for your Glock 19 and as well as shoulder holsters for you to find the best fit for your needs.
You can reach the companies that produce the best IWB holster models employ friendly customer service representatives that know their products well and will be able to answer all your inquiries in short order.