Last Updated: by
Glocks have long been a favorite amongst enthusiasts of semi-automatic pistols. There are many reasons for their popularity including their durability and reliability. But who wouldn’t want to make this weapon of choice even more accurate and reliable?
With the right sight, you can increase the accuracy, range, reliability, and use of your Glock many times over. And what firearms owner doesn’t want to improve the range and accuracy of their shot? With this easy-to-follow guide to the best Glock night sight reviews, you can easily weigh the various pros and cons of different models against one another.
This guide will explain the benefits and workings of Glock sights, as well as all you need to know to choose the right sight for you. There are a ton of different models and brands to choose from and it can be intimidating if you don’t know what you are looking for. There are many reasons that people swear by the Glock as the semi-automatic pistol of choice and with added advantages of accuracy and reliability gleaned from the right sight and you have the ultimate firearm. It is a perfect combination of comfort and might; of ease-of-use and durability.
Overview: Best Night Sights for Your Glock
|TruGlo Bright - Site TFO Handgun Sight||Check on Amazon|
|Trijicon HD GL101O Night Sight for Glock||Check on Amazon|
|Big Dot Tritium Sight||Check on Amazon|
|Truglo Tritium Handgun Sight||Check on Amazon|
|Meprolight Glock Fixed Set TD||Check on Amazon|
Table of Contents
- Best Glock Night Sights (Updated List)
- How to Choose the Most Suitable Glock Night Sight
- How to Install the Glock Sight
- How to Use the Glock Sight to Enhance Your Shooting Skills
- Best Glock Sights Comparison Chart
Best Glock Night Sights (Updated List)
This is a very high quality and affordable sight that is suitable for use on Glocks and other semi-automatic pistols or handguns. It allows for accurate and reliable sighting, even in low-or-no-lighting conditions. It is made from a combination of fiber optics and tritium, which melds the bests of the two types of sight inserts, allowing for clear and accurate sighting, no matter what. This combination allows the sight to work well in both day and night lighting conditions, making it a powerful and flexible accessory.
The sight is constructed from high-quality CNC machined steel, giving it a strength and durability second to none. It is a great all purpose sight that meets the basic needs of most lighting and environmental needs. The sight is made with TruGlo’s patented TFO technology that makes it a state-of-the-art sight that meets the needs of most shooters.
This is a Glock-specific sight from the trusted gun accessories maker, Trijicon. The sight is suitable for pretty much all models of Glocks and is made of an aluminum polymer for enhanced durability and increased the life span of the sight. Intended as a night sight, the Trijicon HD comes with a high visibility frontal sight post that is made from a glow-in-the-dark paint that makes for easy sighting in little to no light.
The rear sight is subdued and designed to reduce glare and make it easier to see a target using the front site. The sight also comes with a tritium-phosphor lamp that makes it possible to see what you need to even in the darkest of night. This is a three dot green aiming system. The lighting apparatus is designed and held under warranty for up to 12 years from the date of manufacture.
The Big Dot Tritium Sight is yet another high quality and well-priced option for all-purpose Glock-suitable sights. It fits most models of Glock and includes an Express Sight Set for enhanced usability. The sight, as the name implies is a tritium front and rear sight. This allows for accurate targeting and sighting in a variety of lighting situations. Affordable and adaptable, the XS 24/7 Big Dot sight is a highly touted sight that meets the needs of most basic shooting and sighting conditions.
The sight is designed for use in broad daylight and even low lighting conditions. This ensures that regardless of the situation you find yourself in, you will be able to take the shot you need. The sight is designed to provide the best possible sighting conditions regardless of the lighting you find yourself in, making this great for self-defense or general use.
From the trusted brand, TruGlo, the Tritium Handgun sight is a very affordable, high-quality tritium sight. It is suitable for most models of Glock, as well as a variety of other handguns, making it accessible to those with semi-automatic pistols of different brands. It has a snag-resistant design that makes it easily fit into a Glock holster with easy retrieval and no sticking. It is constructed from top-of-the-line CNC machined steel.
The sight has green front and rear lights and uses tritium to provide illumination in low-or-no-lighting conditions. This is a basic model that is more than suitable for most firearm owner’s needs. The tritium is one of the brightest materials available for use in a night-based sight and it allows for clear sighting even when the conditions are subpar. TruGlo is a trusted and highly rated brand that provides a variety of options when it comes to state-of-the-art sights.
This is a great value when it comes to state-of-the-art sights that are suitable for most models of Glock. Meprolight is a highly trusted brand that is even used by the military and law enforcement, so you no it is a name you can trust. The Meprolight is designed for use in low- to no-lighting conditions and is unparalleled in quality. It boasts some of the best low light performance of any brand of sight on the market.
Meprolight is a well-known leader in night sight technology, making this an excellent choice for the discerning firearms enthusiast. Meprolight sights boast sighting dots that are some 20% brighter than any of the competing models, making it second-to-none for night sighting needs. This trusted brand has made one of the best products for easy-to-use night sighting available on the market.
This is a front and rear sight combo set from the trusted firearms accessories brand Snake Eyes. This sight is suitable for all models of Glock and also fits a variety of other automatic pistols and handguns. The Snake Eyes Sights is designed to be an all-purpose sight that is suitable for use in both day and night lighting conditions. It is made of high-quality metal construction so it is designed for durability. It boasts easy installation and includes tritium night sets for bright illumination in low- to no-lighting conditions.
The rear sight has optical Lexan pipes which glow and are easy to see in both day and low lighting conditions. One thing that is important to note about this sight combo set is that it is highly recommended that you have this sight installed by a professional gunsmith to ensure proper and safe installation.
How to Choose the Most Suitable Glock Night Sight
Today, you can find any number of factory-made or after-market sights that are designed for automatic pistols generally, or Glocks specifically. These sights offer a range of different functionalities, and what you choose will be dependent on what advantages you are looking to gain. When these additional accessories first became available on the market, they were not as easy to install or use as the sights of today.
Many sights are “universal” to automatic pistols in that they mount to the gun via dovetails that are held together by screws or pins. This general design makes it possible to use these sights on a variety of different models of firearm. In the so-called “old days” you could get a front sight (often inlaid with gold) or a rear sight that could be calibrated for elevation changes and the wind. Today, choices abound.
Options now include:
- low-profile sights
- colored sights
- all-black sights
- sights with inserts for different lamps, fiber optics, laminates, and more
These options allow for tactical and strategic advantages, as well as just increasing the range of environmental conditions that the weapon will still work accurately in. With the right sight, you can take into account changes in elevation, temperature, wind speed, and more, which helps you to have the most accurate shot possible, regardless of the situation.
There are things to consider when choosing the right sight that we will now briefly touch on:
- front sight profile
- front sight widths
- the rear sight
- side height calculations
- plain black
- gold or brass bead
- fiber optic
- Front Sight Profile: In the bygone era of gun sights, there were a variety of different types of profiles to choose from, including undercut target sights and ramps. Today, pretty much all sight profiles are the semi-ramp style. With the semi-ramp profile, the face of the blade faces away from the shooter and the design is the best way to reduce the snag profile without messing up the sight. Profiles will be either plain or serrated. A serrated face will help reduce glare.
- Front Sight Widths: Sights can come in a variety of widths and will help determine the speed and accuracy of the shot. The wider the sight, the more of a disadvantage it becomes for longer distance shots. Most recommend the sight width of .125″. This provides good speed and accuracy in shots. This is often what comes factory installed and is the common width for many common brands of Glock sight.
- Rear Sights: Most commonly, the factory standard for rear sights is what is called two dot rears. These include painted or tritium dots. This allows the rear to be in softer focus than the front sight, which is ideal for getting the best possible shot. The basic gist is that when the front and rear dots are lined up, you have an accurate sight and shot.
- Sight Height Calculations: You will adjust the height of the sight depending on the desired shot point.
- Plain Black: This is the basic sight setup and is great for a stable background such as target practice and other type activities. This sight will give you a good view but lacks additions that help accurately shoot in moving or varied backgrounds.
- Tritium: Tritium is another common standard and is a great way to align shots accurately and reliably in minimal lighting conditions. They also can be calibrated to work in daylight conditions. These inserts generally need to be replaced about every ten years.
- Gold or Brass Bead: This is the classic type of sight. The gold or brass bead would catch daylight and allow shooters to make a more accurate shot. While these have pretty much been phased out, there are still some in existence.
- Fiber Optic: For daylight shooting, there is no more accurate sight than one that utilizes fiber optics. The sights don’t wash out in bright light and accurate shots can be made in even the sunniest of conditions. The sight has a red dot that makes it easy to see regardless of how bright it is, allowing for a clean and accurate shot every time. So, in essence, you need to ask yourself what conditions you will be using the sight under. This will help you determine what type of sight and the insert will work best for your needs. What works for accurate nighttime shooting is not the same as what works for daylight shooting.
Shooting at a moving target on a varied background requires a different type of sight that does shooting at a stable background such as at shooting range. All types of sight and insert have their designed uses and associated pros and cons. What was described above are the basic and most common types of sight and inserts you will find on the market and will help you determine what type will work best for your individual needs.
How to Install the Glock Sight
First and foremost, whenever you are working with a firearm, it is imperative to remove all ammunition and ensure that the weapon is disarmed before going further. This might seem like common sense, but far too many people get hurt from avoidable accidents such as from leaving a weapon armed before cleaning or maintaining it. As most people will note, the Glock is a well-made firearm that needs very little help to get the best use of the weapon possible. Most people who own flocks only change the sights, as the rest of the weapon is almost perfect as-is. A good sight just further enhances the utility of the weapon, allowing for highly accurate shots in the dead of night or brightness of mid-day. They will allow for accurate and reliable sighting in stable or moving and varied backgrounds. While it might look complicated, it is not really that difficult to install a Glock sight yourself with few specialized tools.
Before you get started, you will need to gather the following common tools:
- needle pliers
- vice or c-clamp
- sturdy table
- plastic punch
1) Mark the Center of the Sight: Before you begin, you can use the pencil to make a mark in the exact center of the frame of the pistol. You will then need to make a mark in the exact center of the sight as well. These marks will help ensure that you install the sight properly in the right orientation the first time.
2) Remove Any Existing Sights: Chances are, the firearm came with a standard plain black or similar sight. You will need to remove this before you can install the new sight. Generally, you need to use a Glock sight tool to remove a screw. Then you need to lightly place your firearm in a vice grip and gently hammer the old sight out of place.
3) Clean the Weapon Before Installing New Sight: Use rubbing alcohol to remove any debris or oil that may have been left behind by the previous sight. This will give you a clean foundation with which to install the new sight.
4) Adhering the Front Sight: You will need to apply a small drop of Loctite to the contact point of the weapon before you install the sight. After you have ensured that the sight is lined up with the pencil marks on the firearm, you can tighten the screw.
5) Testing Rear Sights: Test the rear sight with some pressure with your hand to see if it is loose or easily slides. If it does not, you will need to use a bit of sandpaper on the bottom of the rear sight. To do this, you hold the rear sight’s bottom side to sandpaper and quickly sweep it back and forth about five times. You will need to keep doing this until it will slide into place with a snug fit.
6) Clean and Install: Before the actual installation, you will want to remove the tested sight and clean the weapon with alcohol before installing. As with the front sight, apply a small drop of Loctite to the contact point and install the sight.
The firearm will need about 24 hours for the Loctite to completely dry and your sights fully set in the weapon. Before leaving the weapon to dry, make sure you wipe any Loctite or alcohol that may have gotten on the firearm or in the slide during the installation process. With these simple steps and the appropriate period of drying time, you now have a great firearm with an advanced and targeted sighting mechanism.
How to Use the Glock Sight to Enhance Your Shooting Skills
One of the main reasons that people choose to get advanced sights is to improve their accuracy and ability to shoot reliably and accurately under a variety of different conditions. A sight is only as good as the person looking through it. What I mean is that it will likely take some time to get used to the sight and how to properly and accurately aim using it. When you do, however, you will be able to ensure a cleaner and more accurate shot, anytime. With the right sight, whether it is daytime or the dark of night, you will be able to take on the point shot with the powerful and popular automatic pistols like the Glock. The sights described in this guide to the best Glock sight reviews are all high quality and when gotten adapted to, will help to improve the accuracy of your shot.
There are many benefits of using a Glock sight, including:
- improved range
- improved accuracy
- ability to shoot clean at night
- ability to shoot clean without glare during the day
- the ability to choose the perfect shot in either a stationary or mobile background
All of these things will help improve your shooting skills. The sight will act as an extension of you and the weapon, allowing you to take advantage of increased visibility in a variety of conditions. With more and more practice with a high-quality shot, you will improve your ability to adjust your shot to different environmental conditions like wind speed, changes in elevation, and be ensuring the shot is a straight one. These will make your shot more reliable and accurate, which is always a huge perk when it comes to a firearm.
With practice, the sight will allow you to build your confidence in your shooting abilities and improve your range and accuracy. Many shooting instructors recommend practicing using techniques such as bench shooting and the figure eight drill as a way to improve your skills with sighting and using your particular sight. Boosting these skills will also make your shot more flexible and give you the skills you need to take a straight, clean shot in pretty much any condition.
- 1) Bench Shooting: Bench shooting with your new sight is a highly recommended way to use the sight to improve your shooting skills and abilities. As the name implies, this type of practice is done from the benched position. This is great beginner training as it means that you do not have to account for your body posture and other factors when aiming and sighting. It allows the shooter to focus more fully on the sighting itself, as opposed to where one’s body needs to be.
- 2) Figure Eight Drill: With practice, you can make an accurate, quality shot, regardless of conditions. Many people report that they feel like their sights are “all over the place” when they try to take aim. Practicing and drilling are ways to improve the mechanics of your shooting skill and gain the confidence you need to feel in control of your sighting. To do this drill you need to be about 6 yards away from the target, align the sight 6-8 inches to the right or left of the bullseye of the target and practice the timing of bringing the sight in line and pulling the trigger. Many people are surprised at how accurate they really are, especially with a little extra practice.
With a sight and some good, solid practice, you will be able to improve your shooting ability and range. It will help improve your confidence in your ability which, in turn, raises the bar on what you can expect from your shot.
Best Glock Sights Comparison Chart
|TruGlo Bright - Site TFO Handgun Sight||$$||Green/Green||Glock 17/17L, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 38 & 39||Snag-resistant design|
|Trijicon HD GL101O Night Sight for Glock||$$$||Orange||7, 17L, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38 and 39||Specifically designed rear notch enhances front sight acquisition|
|Big Dot Tritium Sight||$$$||Black / White||G17/19/22/23/24/26/27/31-36||Snag free design|
|Truglo Tritium Handgun Sight||$$||Green front and rear||Fits standard holsters||Snag-resistant design|
|Meprolight Glock Fixed Set TD||$||Green front and rear||G26/ G27||Precise handling and installing of the Tritium light source|
|Snake Eyes Sights for Glocks T1372||$$||Green front and rear||Fits All Glocks ( except the new Glock 42 )||Front and Rear Sight Combo Design|
When it comes to automatic or semi-automatic pistols, there isn’t a much bigger favorite than the Glock pistol. These are lightweight, highly durable, reliable, and well-built firearms that are flexible and work for a variety of uses. Many people who own this weapon swear by it. Like all other gun optics ( scopes, red dots, flashlights, pistol lights ) gun sights help to improve our range, accuracy, and the environments we can shoot in. Glock sights have come a long way since they were first developed many years ago. Now, there are specialized sights that are designed for use in specific environments or situations that allow you to take a clear, straight shot, regardless of the lighting or environmental conditions. With this easy-to-follow guide to the best Glock sight reviews, you are armed with the knowledge you need to make the perfect selection of the sight that will work best for you. Whether you choose to go with one of the brands and models described above, or simply use this information to make a more informed choice, know that carefully selecting a quality sight is a great way to enhance and improve your shooting skills and abilities. Our team always never stop scouring the net searching for the best products for guns and shooting enthusiasts. (we also reviewed M&P Shield Night Sights in the previous month)
All that you need is to visit Shooting & Safety in order to find loads of reviews accompanied with best products.