- Top Handgun Safes
- 1 – Sentry Safe Quick Access Safe
- 2 – Gunvault Speedvault SV500 Gun Safe
- 3 – Fort Knox FTK-PN Personal Pistol Box Handgun Safe
- 4 – Hornady Security Rapid Gun Safe
- 5 – The GunBox Biometric Handgun Safe
- 6 – BARSKA Biometric Safe
- 7 – Stack-On PS-20-B Biometric, Large Personal Safe
- 8 – Viking Security Safe VS-25BL Biometric Safe Fingerprint Safe
- 9 – Shotlock Handgun 200 Mechanical Safe
- 10 – Verifi Smart.Safe. Fast Access Biometric Safe with FBI Fingerprint Sensor
- 8 Reasons You Should Own A Gun Safe
- Top 11 ‘Must Have’ Features For A Gun Safe
- How To Keep Your Combination Confidential?
- Electronic Vs Mechanical Locks for Gun Safes
- Gun Safe Brands
- Best Gun Safes Comparison Chart
A gun safe is a great investment if you are a gun owner. It will protect your gun from theft and keep a child from having access to the gun. Many gun safes also protect your gun from being destroyed by fire and water. Many states have passed the law that your gun has to be locked up even if you don’t have children in your home. If your state is one of those which have passed the law, you might as well protect your gun from fire and water with fireproof/waterproof safe. Check out our review list of the best fireproof gun safes available. It is not only for your weapons. You can lock other valuables in the safe as well. Some home insurance companies will give gun owners a discount if they have a gun safe to keep their arms locked inside. You should check to see if your insurance companies offer this discount. In order to find the best gun safes on the market, we have done extensive research to create a list of the top rated gun safes you can purchase. But these are mostly small safes, if you are searching for a bigger safe, check gun safes under 1000$ list!
Top Handgun Safes
- SENTRY SAFE QUICK ACCESS SAFE
- SIZE 6.6 x 9.7 x 2.2 inches
- PRICE $
- WEIGHT : 12.2 pounds
- Safe Type : Combination
- ACCESS OPTIONS : 4 Fingerprint Capacity
- Body material : Solid steel construction
- Power : No Batteries Required
- GUNVAULT SPEEDVAULT SV500 GUN SAFE
- SIZE 6.5 x 3.5 x 13 inches
- PRICE $$
- WEIGHT : 8.2 pounds
- Safe Type : Combination
- ACCESS OPTIONS : 120 Fingerprint Capacity
- Body material : 18-Gauge steel construction, with protective foam-lined interior
- Power : 1 9V batteries required
- FORT KNOX FTK-PN PERSONAL PISTOL BOX HANDGUN SAFE
- SIZE 12.5 x 9.5 x 5 inches
- PRICE $$$
- WEIGHT : 19 pounds
- Safe Type : Quick access
- ACCESS OPTIONS : 1081 user combinations
- Body material : Heavy 10 gauge body and a 3/16 plate door
- Power : No Batteries Required
- HORNADY SECURITY RAPID GUN SAFE
- SIZE 15.5 x 9 x 3.5 inches
- PRICE $$$
- WEIGHT : 4.8 pounds
- Safe Type : Child-resistant design
- ACCESS OPTIONS : Opened with the RFID bracelet, card, or key fob, or with a personally programmed code
- Body material : 16-gauge steel construction
- Power : Standard household 110V power
- THE GUNBOX BIOMETRIC HANDGUN SAFE
- SIZE 11.6 x 10 x 2.7 inches
- PRICE $$$$
- WEIGHT : 6.8 pounds
- Safe Type : Biometric
- ACCESS OPTIONS : 60 Biometric fingerprint scanner
- Body material : Aircraft strength aluminum alloy
- Power : 1 Lithium ion battery required
1 – Sentry Safe Quick Access SafeThis is a quick access pistol safe. It is equipped with a push-button combination lock. The buttons are backlit making it easy to open the safe in the complete darkness. Unlike many other combination locks, this one doesn’t require batteries. Before entering your combination, you are required to press a button to activate the keypad but it is still much quicker to access than a safe with a traditional lock. It is on the small side, but it has plenty of rooms. The safe will house a handgun and extra magazines. The safe has a one-year limited warranty. It may be a considerable safe for your car as well. Check out some other options in our best car gun safes reviews!
- The safe doesn’t require batteries like most safes of this kind.
- Most safes locking mechanism can be seen inside the safe when you open the door. You can’t see the locking mechanism on this one so a thief can’t pop the lock with a paperclip or other object.
- Many safes have a reset button that easy to get to. A reset button that is easy to get to can be reset by anyone. The reset button on this safe is hidden behind the batteries, so the safe has to be opened in order for it to be reset.
- It doesn’t beep when you press the buttons when it is in silent mode.
- The safe is not fireproof or waterproof.
- You have to press a button to activate the keypad before you can enter your entry code. You can’t find a way around this, but it doesn’t slow down the access time much. You can still open the safe in a matter of seconds.
- It is easy for you to not entirely hit a key that will make you enter the wrong combination. Make sure you firmly press each key to preventing yourself from entering the wrong entry code. If you do not hit each key firmly and enter the wrong entry code, you will have to wait a few seconds for the safe to reset.
- The safe reacts a little slower than other models do when entering the entry code. Press the keys a little slower than you would on some other safes to prevent entering the wrong code.
2 – Gunvault Speedvault SV500 Gun SafeThis may be the best handgun safe with a digital keypad for the ones who are looking for a quick access. It has a drop-down drawer making it ready to fire when you draw. This safe is like a pistol holster with a lock. It can’t get better than that, right? Well, this safe has many different qualities you might enjoy in a safe. This is one of the perfect handgun safe for mounting in a vehicle within arm’s reach as you travel or run errands. There is a five-year exclusive warranty on this safe for fire and burglary.
- The safe is designed so you can mount it nearly anywhere including in a vehicle.
- It is equipped with an internal light so you can see inside the safe in the complete darkness.
- It has a silent mode so the keypad won’t make any noise while you enter the entry code.
- The safe feels solid when mounted, unlike others that feel flimsy.
- The safe makes a small noise when the latch locks/unlocks. This can’t be silenced, but it can’t be heard by an intruder in another room.
- The white internal light might be too bright for some people’s comfort.
- The low battery warning only works when you touch the keypad. Keep fresh batteries nearby at all times in the event the batteries go dead while you are away from home.
- The keypad is a little picky. Practice entering your code if you want to have quicker access.
3 – Fort Knox FTK-PN Personal Pistol Box Handgun Safe
This Fort Knox handgun safe will protect your pistol or valuables whether in your car or your home. It has 1081 user combinations. The hinges are spring assisted it open quicker. The safe looks secure enough when bolted to a solid surface that a thief usually won’t take the time to steal it since it will be much trouble to gain entry. Unlike many other safes that have a warranty for a few years, this safe comes with a lifetime warranty.
- This safe does not use batteries so you will have access to your handgun at all times.
- The safe is quite when opening.
- The safe will hold two pistols and extra magazines.
- The hinges are made of heavy gauge steel so the door can’t be busted off like most safes.
- The installation instructions are more confusing than other safes instructions. There are videos that break down the instructions so that you can understand it better. These videos can be found on YouTube.
- This safe can’t be accessed in the dark unless you are very familiar with the layout. I recommend that you practice opening the safe.
- The safe doesn’t come with a backup key option. If you forget the entry code, you have to reset it.
- Resetting the code can be a little difficult to figure out. Call the company or watch a video to learn how to reset the entry code step-by-step.
4 – Hornady Security Rapid Gun SafeThis safe has a touch-free entry, but it has a child-resistant design. It is a quick entry safe that keeps your handgun safe and ready to use at all times. You have multiple access options with this Hornady safe. It opens with an RFID bracelet that is fairly new technology in the gun safe industry. The safe opens much quicker than some of the other safes without the delay. You can register your safe on the website and receive a lifetime warranty.
- The safe can be opened with the RFID bracelet, RFID card, or key fob that are included. It comes with three RFID bracelets.
- It is much easier to program than other models.
- The security cable is much heavier than the ones that come with other models. A thief wouldn’t attempt to waste his time cutting through the cable to steal the safe.
- The safe opens with your gun holstered for a quicker draw, so you are ready to fire within seconds.
- The lid is louder than some other models when it opens. There is nothing you can do about this. The sound isn’t loud enough for an intruder to hear if they aren’t in the room with you.
- It opens slower than you would expect from a quick access safe. You could help the lid open with your hand to speed up the process.
- The wristband isn’t sensitive enough. Try all the methods of unlocking to see which one works best for you.
- People have mentioned that it does hang at times when opening. The delay is only a few seconds. You could try helping the lid up with your hand to keep it from hanging.
5 – The GunBox Biometric Handgun Safe
This safe has the unlocking technology you are familiar with, and it has new technology you might have never heard of. It has an RFID scanner that you can use to unlock the safe with the wristband or ring.
The wristband and ring are sold separately. You can also use the biometric fingerprint scanner that you are probably familiar with. The safe will hold multiple prints. This safe can be used in your home or as a car gun safe since it is very small. The Gunbox has a one-year warranty. The warranty starts at the time the safe is shipped. More biometric safes here!
- The safe is TSA/FAA approved. You can safely transport your firearm in checked luggage.
- The safe has three ways to gain access. You can gain access to your fingerprint, an RFID wristband, or an RFID ring.
- It is equipped with a 360-degree fingerprint scanner so you can scan your print from any direction.
- It has an audible alarm, so you never have to worry about a thief stealing your GunBox.
- It is also equipped with two USB ports. These ports allow you to charge devices or connect accessories.
- It takes a few seconds for the safe to identify your fingerprint. The delay is only a few seconds but could be the difference between life and death if an intruder enters your home. I recommend that you try all the options to gain access. You can find one that better meets your standards to gain access.
- The batteries die quickly. It is better to leave the gun safe plugged into an outlet.
- The GunBox is a little louder than people are comfortable with. The noise isn’t loud enough for an intruder to hear it if they are in another room.
- It has rubberized padding on the bottom, but the rest of the interior is aluminum without padding. Try to carry the safe around as little as possible so the aluminum won’t damage the contents.
- BARSKA BIOMETRIC SAFE
- SIZE 16.5 x 14.5 x 7.8 inches
- PRICE $$$
- WEIGHT : 28 pounds
- Safe Type : Biometric Safe
- ACCESS OPTIONS : 30 Fingerprint Capacity
- Body material : Steel
- Power : 4 AA batteries
- STACK-ON PS-20-B BIOMETRIC, LARGE PERSONAL SAFE
- SIZE 12.2 x 13.9 x 19.8 inches
- PRICE $$$$$
- WEIGHT : 38.6 pounds
- Safe Type : Biometric Safe
- ACCESS OPTIONS : 32 Fingerprint Capacity
- Body material : Solid steel
- Power : 6 AA batteries
- Viking Security Safe VS-25BL Biometric Safe Fingerprint Safe
- SIZE 10 x 14 x 10 inches
- PRICE $$$
- WEIGHT : 26.6 pounds
- Safe Type : Biometric Safe
- ACCESS OPTIONS : 32 Fingerprint Capacity
- Body material : Steel
- Power : 4 AA batteries
- Shotlock Handgun 200 Mechanical Safe
- SIZE 9 x 7 x 2 inches
- PRICE $$
- WEIGHT : 7.3 pounds
- Safe Type : Mechanical Safe
- ACCESS OPTIONS : Double internal locking hooks
- Body material : 14 Gauge steel construction
- Power : No batteries required
- Verifi Smart.Safe. Fast Access Biometric Safe with FBI Fingerprint Sensor
- SIZE 13 x 9.5 x 7.3 inches
- PRICE $$$$
- WEIGHT : 31.4 lbs
- Safe Type : Biometric Safe
- ACCESS OPTIONS : up to 40 Fingerprint Capacity
- Body material : Solid Steel Construction
- Power : 4 AA batteries
6 – BARSKA Biometric SafeThis safe has a unique fingerprint pad for easier access. It will hold up to thirty prints. The safe can be mounted with the mounting hardware that is included. If you can’t access the safe with your fingerprint, you can use one of the two backup keys that are included. You should clean the fingerprint scanner as much as possible for better results. The safe is shipped with pre-drilled mounting holes so you can secure it to a hard surface. The BARSKA Biometric Safe has a one-year limited warranty.
- It will hold up to thirty fingerprints. You should program your fingerprint from different angles, so it opens every time without error.
- The safe has more room than other models. You can store two handguns, ammunition, extra magazines, and significant documents without the safe being too crowded.
- The fingerprint scanner is picky. You won’t get any false opening by people that you have not programmed their fingerprints into the safe.
- The key has a unique shape to prevent anyone from picking the lock.
- It takes a few seconds for you to gain access to the safe since the fingerprint scanner takes a few seconds to read your fingerprint. The delay won’t be noticed.
- The safe beeps when it opens or closes. There are instructions in the manual that tell you how to put the safe in silent mode.
- The safe is not fireproof/waterproof. I would recommend that you do not store important documents inside the safe.
- It is not equipped with an interior light. You can open the safe in the dark, but you can’t see the contents in the dark.
7 – Stack-On PS-20-B Biometric, Large Personal SafeThis is a biometric gun safe that can be accessed by scanning your fingerprint. This safe can hold up to thirty-two different prints. There are two removable steel shelves inside to store small valuables, or you can remove them to have more room for your handgun. It is equipped with pre-drilled holes and the hardware to mount the safe to a floor or shelf. Mounting your gun safe gives you better security from an intruder walking away with the whole safe and accessing it later. The safe comes with a limited one-year warranty. Here some more top-rated Stack-On safes!
- You can record up to thirty-two different fingerprints. This gives you the ability to store prints of your finger at different angles to ensure that the safe open every time.
- The safe’s keypad is hidden so thieves can’t pick the lock without removing the front cover.
- This safe has a keypad that you can program with an eight digit pin. This is good if you have a cut or something on your finger preventing the fingerprint scanner from reading your print.
- The interior of the safe is largely making it easy to store several handguns and extra ammunition.
- The safe isn’t heavy so it would be easy for someone to walk away with it and obtain the contents inside later. You should always bolt your safe to the floor or another surface that will prevent someone from stealing it no matter how heavy the safe is.
- This is an electronic safe, and it might forget your fingerprint after years of use. If this happens, you should clear the memory and reprogram your fingerprint.
- This safe runs off of batteries and doesn’t have a power adaptor. I would recommend you keep fresh batteries in the safe at all times. Changing the batteries every few months will prevent them from going dead when you try to access the safe in an emergency.
- The safe has a beep on it that sounds when you open the door. The sound isn’t loud enough for an intruder to hear it in another room
8 – Viking Security Safe VS-25BL Biometric Safe Fingerprint SafeThis biometric safe has a 5 mm thick steel door and 20 mm motorized deadbolts. The door can be opened in less than a second if you use the fingerprint scanner, or less than 5 seconds if you choose to open it using the 4 – 9 digits pin code.
The interior of the safe is fully carpeted and has an integrated LED light. The black powder coating will protect the safe’s surface from accidental scratches and rust. The interior also has a fully adjustable shelf which is also removable if you need to keep larger valuables safe.
- Reliable Finger Scanner – The finger scanner is very reliable, it will read registered fingerprints even if your finger is dirty or wet. The scanner will memorize up to 32 different fingerprints but will not open to unauthorized ones.
- Fully Carpeted – This safe’s interior is fully carpeted, so you don’t have to buy a liner mat to protect your guns from scratches.
- No Display Light – The safe’s display doesn’t have a backlight, so you won’t be able to use it properly at night unless you turn on the light in the room.
- Hidden Key Hole – The security keyhole is placed under the label, so you have to unscrew the label to reach it. This may be inconvenient in the case of an emergency.
9 – Shotlock Handgun 200 Mechanical SafeThis mechanical safe is made out of 14 gauge steel and can be mounted horizontally or vertically. Because it’s a mechanical safe, you don’t need to worry about battery life or electrical wires.
The safe is not a large one, it will only fit a single full-framed handgun but you don’t even need a larger safe if you’re looking for a safe way to store your home defense weapon.
The Simplex lock needs a 4 digit pin to open. You can select the 4 digit combination out of 8 digits. You can’t use the same digit twice, but once you’ve selected the pin the safe won’t open unless you press the digits in the right order. You don’t have to reset the pin if you punch it in the wrong order, you can just restart the operation.
- Mechanical – This handgun safe is mechanical, so you’ll be able to use it at all times without electricity or batteries.
- Good Instructions Manual – Being a mechanical safe without an electric memory, the pin combination has to be changed by rearranging the pins on the keypad. This might seem like a difficult process, but the clear instructions will help you do it in under 5 minutes.
- Limited Portability – The safe has a carrying handle, but the 14 gauge steel is not really lightweight, so it has a limited portability.
10 – Verifi Smart.Safe. Fast Access Biometric Safe with FBI Fingerprint SensorThis biometric safe uses a 3D imaging system to capture very detailed fingerprints images. This is the kind of technology used by government departments that need fingerprint identification.
The safe has an automatic lock security feature that will lock the door without your involvement when the door is closed. This security feature guarantees that if the door is closed, it’s locked as well so nobody will have access to your weapons.
The safe’s Advanced User Management will allow you to access and modify the users who are allowed to access the safe, assign different privileges to different users, and check the log to see who used the safe at certain moments.
- Large Fingerprint Memory – This safe will be able to memorize up to 40 different fingerprints, so different people will be able to use it at the same time.
- Easy Set Up – This smart safe is really easy to set up, even if you are not a technology driven person.
- Front Tag Covers The Key Hole – The manufacturer’s front tag covers the emergency keyhole, and a really small Phillips head screwdriver is needed to remove the tag. This can take a while to accomplish, so you should avoid running out of batteries.
8 Reasons You Should Own A Gun Safe
There are many reasons for a gun owner to own a gun safe. You should own a gun safe if you are a gun owner and parent. I have compiled a list of reasons you should own a gun. You should take all these ideas into consideration.
- The government is trying to take Americans guns away from us. If you keep your weapons locked away, it can help protect your 2nd Amendment rights. As an American, you have the right to bear arms.
- If you are a gun owner and you have children, many states have a law in place that you have to have your gun locked in a safe away from children. This will keep your children from getting the gun and hurting themselves or someone else.
- Some states have a law in place that you have to keep your gun locked away when it is not in use even if you don’t have children in your home. California has a law that you have to have your gun locked away by a firearms safety device that is considered safe by the California Department of Justice. When you buy a safe, you should see if it has this approval.
- Many gun owners own more guns than insurance will cover. Many insurance companies only cover $3,000 worth of guns. Are your weapons worth more? If so, you should invest in a gun safe to make sure your guns are protected from fire, water, and thieves.
- Many insurance companies will give you a discount if you own a gun safe. If you own a gun safe or you purchase one, you should see if your insurance company is one that offers a discount for this. A safe can protect your guns and possibly save you money.
- Do people know you own guns? You might not know that many burglaries are carried out by people they know. If a person you know breaks into your home, steals your gun, and murders someone you could be charged with a crime you didn’t commit or the victim’s family could sue you. I know you don’t want this to happen.
- There are hundreds of gun safes that will protect your guns in the event your home goes up in flames. When buying a safe, you should see if it will protect your firearm or any other valuables from fire damage.
- You might be the type of person that has a gun in your home for protection. A gun locked in a safe can still offer you protection. There are quick access gun safes on the market. With a quick access gun safe, you can still retrieve your gun in a few seconds but when it isn’t needed it will be protected.
Top 11 ‘Must Have’ Features For A Gun Safe
Some people buy a gun safe without knowing what they should be looking for, and some people do not know that there are features you should look for in a gun safe. Below is a list of features you should look for and why you need these features in the safe. This will help you select the right safe for you.
- You should purchase a safe you think is too big for your guns. You might buy more guns and need more space to lock them inside in the future. If you buy a safe only big enough for the guns, you currently have and buy more in the future you will also have to buy a bigger gun safe.
- A gun safe that is fire resistant cost more than a safe that isn’t but you should pay the extra money for the protection. A fire can destroy your guns, and you will be out of more money than the additional protection would have cost you.
- All safes are not secure enough if an intruder wants to get access to the contents. Some safes are made from steel that can be easily split or drilled through. You should look at the specifications of a safe. You should not buy a safe that is lower than 10-gauge steel. I recommend you purchase a safe made of 8-gauge steel since it is nearly impossible to penetrate.
- Mother Nature can destroy your guns too. When looking at a safe you should buy one that will not allow water inside. Your weapons will be destroyed if water gets into the safe and the extra money will prevent this from happening.
- The type of lock that you prefer depends on what you will be using the safe for. If you are going to be using the safe for protection, you should purchase something that you can access quickly. Usually, quick access safes are electronic and have a keypad lock or fingerprint scanner. If you are using your gun safe to protect your guns and you don’t need them for protection, a safe with a key lock or combination will do the job.
- Just because you have a safe doesn’t mean your guns or valuables are safe. A burglar can easily walk away with a light safe and access it later. You should consider a safe that has holes for you to anchor the safe to the floor or any other solid object that can’t be easily moved. If the safe doesn’t have pre-drilled holes, you should ask the manufacturer if it is okay for you to modify the safe so you can anchor it down. It could void the warranty if you amend the safe so always ask the manufacturer before modifying a product.
- Some safes on the market have alarms. You should see if the one you are interested in has an alarm in the event someone tries to access the safe while you are home. This is a useful feature if you have curious children that might try to gain access to the safe to see what is so important you have to lock it away.
- A safe with a keypad can be opened by a burglar that tries hard enough. When buying a safe with a keypad, you should get one that will lock when someone keys the wrong access code multiple times. This will prevent them from trying until they enter the correct pin.
- Electronic safes take batteries. There is nothing worse than have an electronic safe and it is dead when you try to access it. Make sure that if you decide to purchase an electronic safe that the safe has a backup entry option whether it be a backup key or A/C adapter.
- Many safes can be drilled into with hand tools. To prevent this, you should check to see if the safe is BF rated or a higher rating. A safe with this rating or one higher is nearly impossible to access unless you give someone permission.
- You might also consider having a gun safe dehumidifier to keep your guns in a better condition
How To Keep Your Combination Confidential?
Keeping the combination to your safe confidential is critical. You cannot trust many people nowadays including family. Never write the combination to the safe on a piece of paper unless you are sure that nobody will get a hold of the document. If someone stumbles across the paper and he or she knows it is the combination to your safe they will get tempted to enter the safe to see what is so important that it needs to be locked inside.
Kids! They are also curious and smarter than we give them credit for at times. They will remember the entry code if they see it entered enough. Even some small kids have good enough memory to remember the shortcode. If your child knows the location of the safe and recognizes the entry code, they can access the safe when you are not looking in a matter of seconds. What if you have a loaded gun stored inside? Your child will be given access to the loaded gun, and that could turn into a disaster.
You trust your friends, right? Well, never trust them enough to open the safe while they are in attendance. If they see a pistol in the safe or other valuables, they might be tempted to enter your home when they think you are away and steal what is locked inside. An adult can remember the entry code by seeing it opened once. Put the entry code on a device that has a lock or somewhere nobody will check such as your phone. If you have the entry code in a locked phone the possibilities of someone getting, it is nearly impossible.
Electronic Vs Mechanical Locks for Gun Safes
When you are looking for a safe that fits your lifestyle, you have two options when it comes to the kind of lock that better suits you. They both have benefits that you will like, and they also have downsides like everything else. An electronic lock usually has a keypad to enter an access code or a fingerprint reader. A mechanical lock can only be opened with a key. Most electronic safes come with a mechanical locking system also for backup if your battery happens to go dead and you need to enter the safe. Most people purchase a safe with both kinds of locks since the electronic locks are quicker to open than a mechanical lock. If you decide to purchase a safe with an electronic lock, you should always remember that most of them run off of batteries. Some of the electronic safes come with an A/C adapter if you can plug it into an outlet but if you don’t have access to an outlet you have to keep fresh batteries in it at all times. A mechanical lock is good since you do not have to worry about a battery going dead when you need the safe, but they are also quicker to open than an electronic safe.
When you are looking into purchasing a safe, you should consider the manufacturer of the safe also. Below is a list of well-known manufacturers and their expertise. This can help you decide which manufacturer makes the safe that better fits your needs.
- ioSafe: This company is a significant manufacturer of digital safes. They manufacture disaster- proof hardware that is good when they put that feature in a safe.
- Sentry Safe: Sentry Safe is one of the biggest manufacturers in the world. They are the main manufacturers of fireproof gun safes. They have an extensive list of UL rated safes.
- Fort Knox: Fort Knox has been a well-known manufacturer of gun safes for many years because they allow you to create the safe that meets all your needs. You don’t have to purchase a pre-designed safe when you go with a Fort Knox safe.
Best Gun Safes Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||SIZE||PRICE||WEIGHT||SAFE TYPE||ACCESS OPTIONS||BODY MATERIAL||POWER|
|SENTRY SAFE QUICK ACCESS SAFE||6.6 x 9.7 x 2.2 inches||$||12.2 pounds||Combination||4 Fingerprint Capacity||Solid steel construction||No Batteries Required|
|GUNVAULT SPEEDVAULT SV500 GUN SAFE||6.5 x 3.5 x 13 inches||$$||8.2 pounds||Combination||120 Fingerprint Capacity||18-Gauge steel construction, with protective foam-lined interior||1 9V batteries required|
|FORT KNOX FTK-PN PERSONAL PISTOL BOX HANDGUN SAFE||12.5 x 9.5 x 5 inches||$$$||19 pounds||Quick access||1081 user combinations||Heavy 10 gauge body and a 3/16 plate door||No Batteries Required|
|HORNADY SECURITY RAPID GUN SAFE||15.5 x 9 x 3.5 inches||$$$||4.8 pounds||Child-resistant design||Opened with the RFID bracelet, card, or key fob, or with a personally programmed code||16-gauge steel construction||Standard household 110V power|
|THE GUNBOX BIOMETRIC HANDGUN SAFE||11.6 x 10 x 2.7 inches||$$$$||6.8 pounds||Biometric||60 Biometric fingerprint scanner||Aircraft strength aluminum alloy||1 Lithium ion battery required|
|BARSKA BIOMETRIC SAFE||16.5 x 14.5 x 7.8 inches||$$$||28 pounds||Biometric Safe||30 Fingerprint Capacity||Steel||4 AA batteries|
|STACK-ON PS-20-B BIOMETRIC, LARGE PERSONAL SAFE||12.2 x 13.9 x 19.8 inches||$$$$$||38.6 pounds||Biometric Safe||32 Fingerprint Capacity||Solid steel||6 AA batteries|
|Viking Security Safe VS-25BL Biometric Safe Fingerprint Safe||10 x 14 x 10 inches||$$$||26.6 pounds||Biometric Safe||32 Fingerprint Capacity||Steel||4 AA batteries|
|Shotlock Handgun 200 Mechanical Safe||9 x 7 x 2 inches||$$||7.3 pounds||Mechanical Safe||Double internal locking hooks||14 Gauge steel construction||No batteries required|
|Verifi Smart.Safe. Fast Access Biometric Safe with FBI Fingerprint Sensor||13 x 9.5 x 7.3 inches||$$$$||31.4 lbs||Biometric Safe||up to 40 Fingerprint Capacity||Solid Steel Construction||4 AA batteries|
I hope you found the best gun safe or the best handgun safe that fits your lifestyle whether you were looking for the best bedside gun safe, the best pistol safe, or just looking at the top rated gun safes. The safes in this list range in price so there’s one that will fit your budget. They also differ in features so you can find one that fits your lifestyle. A gun safe is the best investment you can make as a gun owner. Gun safe ratings are critical when you are searching for something protect your guns from thieves, fire, water, or just curious people. There’s a gun safe for you no matter the reason. You should always weigh out the pros and cons before making a final decision since the safe could mean the difference between life and death if you are using it for protection. We hope you find our gun safe reviews useful, have a look our new post about safety shooting glasses!