Last Updated: by
The firearm market is teeming with so many scope variants that no matter how small or large your budget is, you will be sure to find a reasonably priced optic to suit your needs.
However, the responsibility of a pistol scope far outweighs that of the shotgun or other rifle types in the sense that when you discharge this firearm and it recoils, the shock is felt wholly by the firearm as opposed to a regular rifle which is worn suspended from your body, helping it absorb the shock with as much intensity as the firearm itself.
As a result, choosing the right optic for your pistol requires even more skill, discretion, and of course ample knowledge about your purchase. Sometimes, people wonder if they really need a scope for their handguns.
Here, we have compiled a comprehensive answer with some of the best pistol scopes in the market right now, starting with (in the usual fashion) our top choice from the pack: the TRUGLO TFX Tritium and Fiber-Optic Xtreme Handgun Sights for Glock Pistols.
Table of Contents
- The Best Pistol Scopes Are:
- 1. TRUGLO TFX Tritium and Fiber-Optic Xtreme Handgun Sights for Glock Pistols
- 2. CVLIFE 4×32 Compact Rifle Scope Crosshair Optics Hunting Gun Scope with 20mm Free Mounts
- 3. Vortex Optics Venom Red Dot Sights
- 4. NcStar 2.5X30 Pistol Scope/Blue Lens/Ring (SPB2530B)
- 5. Pinty Red Green Reflex Holographic Rifle Scope Dot Sight
- 6. Leupold FX-II Handgun 4x28mm Duplex
- 7. Burris Handgun 2-7x32mm Plex Reticle Pistol Scope, Matte Black – 200291
- 8. UTG 3-9X32 1″ BugBuster Scope, AO, RGB Mil-dot, QD Rings
- 9. AIM SPORTS 2-7X32 Dual III. Long Eye Relief Scope with Red Laser and Rings
- Buying Guide
- Final Thoughts
The Best Pistol Scopes Are:
|1. TRUGLO TFX Tritium and Fiber-Optic Xtreme Handgun Sights for Glock Pistols||Check Current Price|
|2. CVLIFE 4x32 Compact Rifle Scope Crosshair Optics Hunting Gun Scope with 20mm Free Mounts||Check Current Price|
|3. Vortex Optics Venom Red Dot Sights||Check Current Price|
|4. NcStar 2.5X30 Pistol Scope/Blue Lens/Ring (SPB2530B)||Check Current Price|
|5. Pinty Red Green Reflex Holographic Rifle Scope Dot Sight||Check Current Price|
|6. Leupold FX-II Handgun 4x28mm Duplex||Check Current Price|
|7. Burris Handgun 2-7x32mm Plex Reticle Pistol Scope, Matte Black - 200291||Check Current Price|
|8. UTG 3-9X32 1" BugBuster Scope, AO, RGB Mil-dot, QD Rings||Check Current Price|
|9. AIM SPORTS 2-7X32 Dual III. Long Eye Relief Scope with Red Laser and Rings||Check Current Price|
If you have always wanted a glow-in-the-dark, stain-resistant, weather-resistant and dynamic focus scope for your glock pistol, this is IT, and more!
The Truglo TFX Tritium and Fiber-optic xtreme handgun scope come dressed in a virtually indestructible TFX Sealed Capsule Design that offers maximum shield and durability. In addition, its fortress finish feature ensures that your device has a permanent defense against oily and chemical substances, cleaning solvents, and similar materials.
Night or day, rain or shine, this scope bangs through every situation and the most amazing part? It does not require batteries or light sensors. For even faster focus, this scope keeps it all locked down with its Focus-Lock Ring, and the most amazing thing? It is not one of those scopes that start high and finish low. This one stays TRUE to its word.
- Shock-resistant, virtually indestructible and compact TFX sealed capsule design
- Protected with a rust and stain-resistant fortress finish
- Consistent brightness in any light or weather condition
- Superior visibility and brightness in all light and weather conditions
- Compact and durable
- Fast focus
- High recoil strength
- Not compatible with some glock pistols like the glock 43 and glock 21
- Not recommended for heavy-duty weapons used in professional shooting
Like the proverbial Oliver Twist, we are definitely taking everything we can out of the legendary Truglo TFX Tritium and Fiber-optic xtreme handgun scope, and we absolutely recommend that you do too!
Back and better, the CVlife 4×32 Compact Scope is housed in solid aluminum alloy and constructed with the ultra-strong one-piece tube for maximum durability.
It features a 4x magnification range and built for resilience against water, fog and/or shock. Its compactness (with a length of only 7.48″(190mm) allows you to move quickly while aiming at top precision levels.
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Magnification: 4X
- Objective Diameter: 32mm
- Field View: 23
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 7.9mm
- Eye Relief: 4.13″ (105mm)
- Click Value: 1/4 MOA
- Length: 7.48″(190mm)
- Produces high-contrast and clear images
- Durable and portable
- Dioptric adjustment lens that can offer nearsighted and farsighted users a clear viewfinder image without the use of eyeglasses
- Protective coating against scratches, oil, and dirt
- Comes with 20mm free mounts
- May require repeated adjustments
- Does not come with a manual, proving difficult to mount for first-time users
The most significant quality about this product from CVLife is the fact that it can boast of extraordinary strength from a small, compact body.
How do you write the best pistol scope reviews without including something from Vortex Optics? This brand has carved its niche squarely in the firearms market by producing some of the finest selections of scopes to happen to mankind. The most significant aspect of this scope is that it is packed with enough features to cater to the rifle, shotgun, and handgun.
With a generous range in field view and an auto-brightness mode that uses a light sensor to control dot intensity according to the shooter’s preference, its most outstanding feature, however, is The Venom Red Dot Sight-3 MOA which enhances rapid target acquisition and accuracy of aim.
Safe to say the Vortex Optics Venom Red Dot Sights gets the work done, and fast too. Encased in high-strength aluminum material for aesthetics and durability, the recoil power of this optic is of premium standard
- Product dimensions: 6.7 x 5.1 x 2.9 inches ; 7.2 ounces
- 3 MOA Dot Reticle with adjustable auto-brightness intensity mode
- 1 MOA Windage and elevation adjustments
- Includes a low rail mount
- Flexible and versatile
- Durable aluminum material with high recoil strength
- Rapid target acquisition to keep the shot downrange and in quick successions
- Batteries are easy to change
- Difficult to adjust and focus sight because red dot keeps disappearing or appearing as a cluster of dots making it harder to sight in
Whether you are target shooting or hunting, you deserve the kind of reliable optical technology that ensures your aims are perfect and your shots precise. What’s more, the Vortex Optics Red Dot Sights is tailored to be environment-friendly with solid features that prevent moisture, dust, and dirt from getting into your device.
Perfect for firearms with scout setups, the Ncstar 2.5×30 pistol scope features a blue lens, extended eye relief, clear magnification and Illuminated reticle that helps for great target acquisition. Once sighted in, it can produce optimal performance without needing adjustments for months at a stretch.
It also offers great focus and precision as far out as 50 yards. Nevertheless, we cannot vouch for its recoil strength as this scope is not built for the highest level of shock absorption.
- Product dimensions: 10.1 x 3.1 x 2.8 inches ; 14.1 ounces
- Magnification: 2.5x objective dia. (Mm) 30.00
- Plex reticle (non-illuminated)
- Lens Coating: blue
- Long Eye relief for extended mounting capability
- Includes the pistolero series
- Generous 30 millimeter objective size produces bright images
- Optimum clarity and brightness
- Extended eye relief
- Not durable
- Hazy vision
While it is undoubtedly a great scope for the money, this choice is not guaranteed to stand the test of time but will offer you momentary effectiveness for a considerable period.
This Red Green Reflex Holographic Rifle scope packs a punch with its Red and green reticle that features four patterns for unlimited eye-relief and corrected parallax, making it easily adjustable to your preferred size.
Also, its aircraft-grade aluminum alloy material casing makes it highly durable and easy to clean, further enhancing this durability. Predictably, you can be rest assured that this scope will stay loyal even in the most volatile weather conditions, resilient against water, shock and/or fog.
- Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Object Aperture: 33mm
- Field of View: 15.8m@100m
- Output: 1mw
- Housing Size: 3.2 x 2.6 inches/82 x 66 mm
- Reticle Selector:4 Patterns and 4 Variable Dot
- Tube diameter: 33mm
- Switch and Stepless Intensity control
- Reticle contains 4 different patterns and variable dots
- Adjustable brightness and battery
- Windage and elevation adjustments
- Poor adjustment range
- Drains batteries easily
We know for a fact that if you find yourself alone in the woods with your handgun and this accompanying scope, make sure you have tons of spare batteries in your backpack. This scope may look fancy, but it also does a decent job.
Although we are hardly referring to a building when we talk about the Leupold FX-II Handgun 4x28mm Duplex, this scope definitely feels like one, complete with a sparkling silver finish for that edgy, metallic look. With these scopes, you can finally say goodbye to inaccuracy and hazy focus because nothing stands between you and your target.
Even better, it disperses high recoil energy for shock absorption. Also, it features a unique Twilight Max Light Management System which offers at least 20 extra minutes of shooting light while reducing the glare in order to ensure premium edge-to-edge image quality.
- Weight: 7 oz/199 g
- Magnification Range: 4x
- Weight: 7 oz.
- Length: 8.4 in.
- Main Tube Diameter: 1 inch
- Eye Relief (in) – Low: 18
- Eye Relief (in) – High: 18
- Linear FOV (ft/100 yd) – Low: 9
- Designed, tested and trusted to survive a minimum of 5,000 impacts on the Punisher, Leupold’s recoil simulation machine.
- Proprietary gas blend and seals tested and proven to a 33-foot depth and a multitude of pressure changes.
- Can withstand many low light conditions
- Peak performance from -40ºF to 160ºF.
- Not recommended if you require more than 18 inches of eye relief
In a market overflowing with handgun scopes from top competing brands, we admit that finding a suitable scope may prove to be herculean especially if you are indecisive.
However, we leave you with a word from the manufacturers: BE RELENTLESS. In other words, do not settle until you have found a great buy, perhaps one as good as a Leupold handgun scope.
We don’t know about you, but there is something decidedly trusting about a product with a matte black finish, so much that we trust the Burris Handgun 2-7x32mm Plex Reticle Pistol scope to take a good beating if the occasion calls for it.
Also, frankly, it is rare to see a scope that actually offers excessive eye relief. Though a lesser-known brand, this handgun scope has definitely proved itself worthy of a glowing recommendation.
- Product dimensions: 12.2 x 3.2 x 2.3 inches ; 1.2 pounds
- 2-7X32mm, plex, matte, 1-inch tube
- Free at 100 yds
- Heat-resistant performance
- Great scout scope
- High recoil strength
- Limited magnification range
Unlike many other scopes, the Burris handgun scope is designed simply and goes straight to the point. This one definitely belongs in the “No Drama” zone.
Built and tested on True Strength Platform, Completely Sealed and Nitrogen Filled, Shockproof, Fog proof and Rainproof, the UTG 3-9X32 1” BugBuster Scope transmits light at the speed of lightning.
Its red dot can switch from red to green when the light comes on. It can be fixed on a Picatinny 21 mm rail and most usually used for Airsoft assault rifles.
- Product dimensions: 9.8 x 3.4 x 3.9 inches ; 13.9 ounces
- Rainproof and Shockproof
- 1/4 MOA Per Click Adjustment
- 2 lithium metal batteries included
- 2″ Sunshade, High-Quality Flip-open Lens Caps and Quick-detachable Rings
- Built on True Strength Platform, Completely Sealed and Nitrogen Filled
- Water, shock, and fog-resistant
- Red/Green dual illumination
- Wide Field of View
- Very accommodating eye relief
- Adjustable objective from 3 Yards to Infinity
- Magnification adjustments are too tight
- Eye relief does not align seamlessly and requires several tries
Unarguably one of UTG’s most efficient products, we must not forget one of the product’s most valuable feature: its unrivaled and secure lock system, which allows you to aim perfectly at any time.
In the event of a fall or harsh impact with a solid surface, chances of your aim settings changing are very low. This scope was built as if to say: Hello there, Outdoors!
Thoughtfully put together to cater to people with eye defects, this long eye relief scope performs almost exactly as advertised: with expansive eye relief and superior magnification range, and more. Red lasers and rings to boot!
- Weight: 1 pound
- 2-7X32 Dual ill. long eye relief pistol/scout scope with red laser
- Magnification is 2X-7X
- Tube diameter is 1″
- Objective is 32 mm
- Length is 10.5″
- Extended life and reliable eye relief for rugged performance
- Holds zero on VEPR54 (semi-auto 7.62x54r)
- Solid construction on scope and rings
- Inefficient lasers
- Lens covers are not made of durable material
- Screws are easy to strip
- Suited only to high-caliber rifles
One reason to purchase this scope: its eye relief is unparalleled in its expansiveness. One reason to not purchase this scope: its lasers do not function as they should.
Pro Tip if you decide to purchase this scope anyway: Simply buy separate lasers. It will prove to be some worthy bucks spent in the long run.
In the meantime, never forget that the experience is always more fun and interesting when you have a scope attached to your firearm. These scopes make you acutely aware of your shooting mistakes and help you correct these errors quickly without necessarily hampering your precision.
Also, getting a scope is great, while understanding its purpose even greater. If you can determine the reason for purchasing a scope, you will be better equipped to make the right choice. However, it is important to note that you never go wrong with asking questions.
The first thing to note when you decide to purchase your pistol/handgun scope is that these scopes are quite different from your rifle/shotgun scopes and you should make no mistakes about that.
Be rest assured you will find a scope within your budget range because there are so many of them! Also, note that fixed scopes are generally less expensive than their high-range variable counterparts.
Before you determine your budget, ask yourself if it will offer as much value as you require, or if you wouldn’t have to spend on a new scope the following month, thus contradicting the idea of a budget-friendly scope in the first place.
A standard rifle scope offers eye relief of 2 to 4 inches and says it’s okay, while your handgun scope selections pack as much as 35 inches in eye relief.
Do not compromise on this feature because you think that regular scopes get the job done with less. At the least, look out for a handgun scope with 18 inches of eye relief.
What would you rather? A product with fixed power range or the more versatile choice of a variable magnification power in a handgun scope?
Most handgun scopes come with free rail mounts or you need to purchase separately. Either way, the need for quality when making this purchase cannot be overemphasized.
It is usually a no-brainer: The more compact, the better!
Pay less attention to the ads and more to the reviews. Not every scope is compatible with your pistol!
Generally, pistols and handguns possess higher recoil power than other firearms. Find you a scope that disperses power evenly through the body of your weapon while being able to whole absorb shock and go on with its duties like nothing happened.
We recommend you solicit the help of someone more knowledgeable at all times before purchasing your scope, whether as a professional or amateur shooter. It is important to note that when paired with a poor performance scope, your firearm reduces significantly in its effectiveness no matter how high its quality is.
Therefore, if you are still not convinced on the idea that you need (no, deserve) a good quality handgun scope, think about the fact that you have probably spent good money on your handgun/pistol and you won’t be enjoying up to half of your money’s worth if you opt for substandard handgun scopes. To that, we say: Namaste! And may the force be with you.
We hope that we have successfully educated you on the contrast between handgun scopes and other riflescopes. Although it was a difficult task, we have chosen the TRUGLO TFX Tritium and Fiber-Optic Xtreme Handgun Sights as our top choice for its exceptional brightness and compact casing.