Using the best Kydex holster is a great way to keep your pistol close to your body for long periods of time without feeling any discomfort. One of the advantages of using this type of holsters is that you can wear it however you like with great results. These models are suitable as concealed carry holsters. They are slim and compact, and they are easy to conceal underneath clothing even in the warm season when you wear fitted shirts or T-shirts. The best OWB Kydex holster models are great open carry solutions. These models ensure a quick and flawless draw, and they’re very comfortable to wear.
In the following article, we present the top 10 Kydex holsters currently available and take a look at the pros and cons of using each model.
Overview: Best Kydex IWB Holsters
|R&R Holsters OWB Kydex Glock Holster||Check on Amazon|
|Outlaw Holsters OWB USA Flag Holster||Check on Amazon|
|Concealment Express IWB Glock Holster||Check on Amazon|
|CYA Supply Co. M&P Shield IWB Holster||Check on Amazon|
|R&R Holsters OWB Streamlight TLR Holster||Check on Amazon|
Table of Contents
- Best Kydex Holsters (The Updated List)
- 1. R&R Holsters OWB Kydex Glock Holster
- 2. Outlaw Holsters OWB USA Flag Holster
- 3. Concealment Express IWB Glock Holster
- 4. CYA Supply Co. M&P Shield IWB Holster
- 5. R&R Holsters OWB Streamlight TLR Holster
- 6. Fierce Defender IWB Kydex Holster
- 7. Bravo Concealment OWB Holster
- 8. Concealment Express IWB M&P Shield Holster
- 9. Outlaw Holsters OWB Kydex Holster
- 10. CYA Supply Co. IWB Glock Holster
- Best Kydex Holster Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
Best Kydex Holsters (The Updated List)
1. R&R Holsters OWB Kydex Glock Holster
The R&R Holsters Kydex holster is specially designed to be worn outside the waistband and comes with a partial sweat backing. The sweat backing has a double role, and it will protect your skin against chafing and protect the holster against the damaging effects of the sweat. This holster is specially designed to hold a Glock, and its size and design make it suitable for the most popular Glock models, including the Glock 19, 23, 32, and more.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it comes with an adjustable cant. You can change the cant’s inclination, making the draw more or less inclined according to your preferences. This model will fit all leather and tactical CCW belts that are up to 1 ½” wide.
- Adjustable Cant – This model comes with an adjustable cant, facilitating the draw.
- Rubs Your Gun – The holster rubs your gun when you holster or take it out.
2. Outlaw Holsters OWB USA Flag Holster
The Outlaw Holsters USA Flag holster is designed to be worn over your waistband, and it comes with a green & black USA flag print on its front. This model will accommodate most of the popular Glock handguns, and it’s a good holster for the Glock 19 and any similarly-sized pistol models.
We liked that this model comes with a 1-year replacement warranty. If you don’t like how the holster fits your handgun, how the holster rides on your waistline or anything else for that matter, you can simply return the unit and receive a refund. However, this model offers all the advantages of open carry and comes at a great price.
- Good Retention – This holster has a good retention, and it will keep your pistol from wobbling when you move.
- White Top Edge – The holster’s top edge is painted white, and it seriously lowers the holster’s overall aspect
3. Concealment Express IWB Glock Holster
IWB carry offers many advantages, and this model makes no exception. The holster’s size and design make it suitable for a lot of carrying options, including cross draw, appendix, hip, or opposite hand draw.
We liked that this model comes with an adjustable retention pressure, as this will allow you to personalize the holster according to your draw. The retention lock produces an audible click which will make the holstering process safer.
- Lifetime Warranty – This model comes with a lifetime warranty, ensuring that you will be able to use the holster for a very long time.
- Carry Angle Adjustment Is Small – The holster comes with an adjustable carry angle, but you will only be able to adjust the angle by up to 15 degrees
4. CYA Supply Co. M&P Shield IWB Holster
The CYA Supply Co. kydex holster is built to accommodate the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield and all the similarly-sized handguns. This model is specially designed to be worn inside the waistband, and it offers you the possibility to change its cant and retention pressure. The holster’s belt clip is made out of black-powdered stainless steel that’s 1.5” wide, and it will fit a lot of leather or tactical belts.
One of the things we liked about this model was its design. The holster’s retention and carry angle are easy to adjust using only an Allen wrench. The holster comes with a sweat guard that covers its entire length, so it won’t chafe your skin when you carry it.
- Audible Retention Click – This holster produces and audible retention click when you holster the pistol correctly, lowering the chances of you not doing it right
- No Instructions – The holster doesn’t offer any instructions on how to adjust its retention pressure or carry angle
5. R&R Holsters OWB Streamlight TLR Holster
The R&R Holsters OWB holster is a good model that has an interesting design. Unlike the kydex holsters we reviewed so far, this model is specially designed to accommodate a handgun that has a light attached. More specifically, this holster is specially designed to hold the Glocks 17, 22, or 31 that use the Streamlight TLR-1 attachment. The Streamlight is one of the best pistol lights currently available on the market, and it’s also a highly popular model among shooters, which makes this holster very useful.
We really liked this holster’s well-thought design. Thanks to the extra storage space that allows you to store your handgun with the light attached, this model is a great choice for your home defense pistol.
- Fits Light Attachment – This is molded so it will hold the Glock with the light attached.
- Cant Not Adjustable – The holster’s cant is not adjustable, so drawing while seated will be somewhat difficult
Overview: BEST KYDEX IWB HOLSTERS
|Fierce Defender IWB Kydex Holster||Check on Amazon|
|Bravo Concealment OWB Holster||Check on Amazon|
|Concealment Express IWB M&P Shield Holster||Check on Amazon|
|Outlaw Holsters OWB Kydex Holster||Check on Amazon|
|CYA Supply Co. IWB Glock Holster||Check on Amazon|
6. Fierce Defender IWB Kydex Holster
The Fierce Defender holster is a good unit that comes at a decent price. This holster is designed to hold the Glocks 19, 23, and 32, and it will hold even the latest generation of these pistol models.
One of the things we appreciated about this model is that it fully covers the gun’s backside and trigger, providing a good safety and protecting it from sweat and the elements both. The holster’s design makes it suitable for multiple carry options, including but not limited to the appendix, side, back, or hip carry. The holster has an adjustable cant, and you can change its angle by up to 15 degrees, making it easier to draw your pistol while seated
- Slim Design – This holster has a slim design, so it’s very easy to conceal underneath clothing
- 1 ¾” Belt Clip – The holster’s belt clip is designed to fit on 1 3/4 “ belts, and it’s not adjustable.
7. Bravo Concealment OWB Holster
The Bravo Concealment Kydex holster has an over the waistband design that makes it very comfortable to wear for a long time. This model comes in multiple sizes that make it appropriate for the most popular handgun models currently in use.
What we liked most about this model is that it stays close to your body at all times. Not only does this make the holster easier to conceal than its competitors, but it will also make it easy to use and facilitate your draw. The holster offers a great weapon retention, and you will be able to draw smoothly, without yanking your pistol when doing it.
- Great Value – This holster has a nice design and it holds your weapon well without costing too much, so it has a great value
- Retention Not Adjustable – The holster’s retention is not adjustable, so you will have to get used to the default setting
8. Concealment Express IWB M&P Shield Holster
The Concealment Express kydex holster is specially designed for the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield. Being a custom made holster, this unit will only fit the standard M&P Shield without any laser or light attachment it might have.
One of the things we liked about this model is how well it fits the handgun, and how easy it is to use it. The holster fits the Shield like a second skin, and its sleek design will allow you to carry it in multiple positions without experiencing any discomfort. The holster’s retention pressure is adjustable, and its locking system will produce an audible click when you slide in the handgun.
- Integrated Sweat Guard – This IWB holster comes with an integrated sweat guard that will prevent it from biting into your flesh and will also protect the holster
- Retention Screw Can Slide Out – The holster’s adjustable retention screw can slide out so you should be careful not to lose it when you adjusts the pressure.
9. Outlaw Holsters OWB Kydex Holster
We liked that this model has a compact design. This will allow you to conceal the holster underneath a loose shirt or a jacket when you want to, but it will also make the holster more comfortable to wear for long periods of time. The holster fits close to the body, and the thin padding on its backside will prevent it from biting into your skin when you bend over or move.
- Good Price – Despite its high-quality build, this holster comes at a good price
- No Slide Guard – The holster doesn’t come with a slide guard, so the slide will be exposed to your sweat and to the elements
10. CYA Supply Co. IWB Glock Holster
We end this list by presenting one of the most popular kydex holsters currently available on the market. The CYA Supply Co. inside the waistband holster is specially designed to hold the Glocks 19, 23, and 32, but it will also accommodate all the other similarly-sized pistols.
What makes this model so popular is, without a doubt, its well-thought design. This model somehow manages to do everything right. The holster’s carry angle and retention pressure are adjustable, so you can personalize your carry experience. The unit’s lock system produces an audible retention click when you slide in the pistol, and the sweat guard covers the entire length of the slide. Moreover, the holster comes with a lifetime warranty, so you can be sure you’ll use it for a very long time.
- Fits The Gen 5 Glocks – This holster fits the latest generation of Glocks nicely
- Not Good For Appendix Carry – The holster will somewhat limit your speed draw when you wear it in the appendix carry
Best Kydex Holster Comparison Chart
|R&R Holsters OWB Kydex Glock Holster||Light weight .080 Kydex material||All leather and tactical CCW belts that are up to 1 ½” wid||Left & Right|
|Outlaw Holsters OWB USA Flag Holster||Kydex material||Most of the popular Glock handguns||Left & Right|
|Concealment Express IWB Glock Holster||.08" KYDEX||Most of the popular Glock models, including the most generation of Glocks, the Gen 5||Left & Right|
|CYA Supply Co. M&P Shield IWB Holster||.08" Thickness Boltaron Material||Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9MM/.40 S&W||Right Hand Draw|
|R&R Holsters OWB Streamlight TLR Holster||.080” Kydex||Above gun models with Streamlight TLR-1, TLR-1S, or TLR-1HL||Left & Right|
|Fierce Defender IWB Kydex Holster||Thick .08 Kydex material||Glocks 19, 23, and 32 and latest generation of these pistol models||Left & Right|
|Bravo Concealment OWB Holster||08 inch Thick Kydex||Glock 19, 23, 32, 17, 22, 31, 26, 27, 33||Right|
|Concealment Express IWB M&P Shield Holster||.08" KYDEX||Smith & Wesson M&P Shield||Left & Right|
|Outlaw Holsters OWB Kydex Holster||Black Carbon Fiber Kydex||most popular Glock models||Right Hand Draw|
|CYA Supply Co. IWB Glock Holster||.08" Thickness Boltaron Material||Glock 19 / 23 / 32||Right Hand Draw|
Finding the best Kydex holster might seem like a difficult task at a first glance, but things become easier if you know what to look for in a model. The first thing you should do is make sure that the holster will hold your everyday carry handgun. Not even the best OWB Kydex holster can accommodate every type of pistol currently in use, so you should make sure that you chose a suitable model. The second thing you should think about is how you like to carry your handgun. These models offer you multiple carry options, but some models can only be carried on the side or on the back. Finding a holster that gives you the possibility to hold your pistol in your favorite carry position will make it more comfortable to wear it for long periods of time.