- Red Dot Sight Reviews
- 1 – Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight
- 2 – Trijicon RMR 6.5 MOA Adjustable LED Red Dot Sight
- 3 – HOLOSUN HS403A Micro Red Dot Sight (2MOA)
- 4 – C-MORE Systems Railway Red Dot Sight with Click Switch
- 5 – Sightmark Ultra Dual Shot Pro Spec NV Sight QD
- 6 – EOTech Transverse Red Dot Sight
- 7 – Burris Fastfire III with Picatinny Mount 3 MOA Sight
- 8 – Dagger Defense DDHB Red Dot Reflex sight, Reflex sight optic and substitute for holographic red dot sights
- 9 – Rhino Tactical Green & Red Dot Sight for Rifles & Shotguns by Ozark Armament – Includes Picatinny Cantilever Mount Co-Witness with Iron Sights – Coated Optic
- 10 – UTG 3.8″ ITA Red/Green Circle Dot Sight w/Integral QD Mount
- 11 – FieldSport Micro Red Dot Sight, Precision Red Dot Only No Green
- 12 – Sightmark SM26008 Ultra Shot Plus Red Dot Sights
- Guide to Find The Best AR-15 Red Dot Sight
- How To Position The Red Dot Sight?
- How to Place your Red Dot Sight?
- Battery-Free Red Dot Sight VS Electronic Red Dot Sight
- Best Red Dot Sights Comparison Chart
- Wrapping up!
A red dot sight is an optical scope (sight) used in conjunction with various devices whose main functionality involves aiming, such as telescopes and cameras, but most popularly with firearms. A standard red dot sight design makes use of a red LED lighting system to create a reticle, which is basically an illuminated red dot that is aligned with your firearm and helps you accurately keep your aim on the target — ideally while keeping both your eyes open.
Questions of what the best red dot sight around is will probably lead you to an AR15 red dot sight as the best answer, particularly one which is sold as an improved version of its manufacturer predecessor. While they’re typically non-magnifying, the best red dot sights are light in weight, durable, use battery power very effectively and maintain their calibration with the target (accurate and lasting zeroing).
Red Dot Sight Reviews
- Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight
- PRICE $$$
- MATERIAL : Aircraft grade aluminum
- Batteries : One CR 2032 battery
- 2 MOA
- Trijicon RMR 6.5 MOA Adjustable LED Red Dot Sight
- PRICE $$$$$
- MATERIAL : Forged Aluminum
- Batteries : 1 CR2032 Lithium Battery
- 6.5 MOA
- HOLOSUN HS403A Micro Red Dot Sight
- PRICE $$$
- MATERIAL : Aluminum
- Batteries : 1 CR2032 battery
- 2 MOA
- C-MORE Systems Railway Red Dot Sight with Click Switch
- PRICE $$$
- MATERIAL : Aluminum
- Batteries : 3 volt lithium battery
- 16 MOA
- Sightmark Ultra Dual Shot Pro Spec NV Sight QD
- PRICE $$$
- MATERIAL : Aluminum Body with metal protective shield
- Batteries : CR 1632 3V
- 3.5 to 7.0 MOA has dot and laser with night vision
- EOTech Transverse Red Dot Sight
- PRICE $$$$
- MATERIAL : N / A
- Batteries : One 123 lithium battery
- 1 MOA
1 – Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot SightThe Vortex Optics SPARC 2 Red Dot MOA (SPC-402), Black, AR 15 Scope (High Mount) limited Integrated Magnification vs. Extended, Additional Magnification
The magnification capacity is only up to x1 though, but this is considerably more than standard red dot sights which were never really intended to have magnifying capabilities. With this integrated magnification comes the fact that the device is ready for deployment with an AR15 and there’s no need for any additional weight for extra magnification.
Apart from the integrated 1x magnification, the Vortex Optics SPARC Black AR 15 scope offers:
- 22 mm of eye relief
- Very easy MOA adjustment (1 rotation gives you 1 MOA rotation)
- Parallax Adjustment (90 MOA settings)
- Warrantee-backed durability
This scope will give you a range of different height mounts and all you have to do is select the correct height. It pretty much comes standard with everything you’ll need to even mount on a handpiece like a 10/22 Ruger. This sight shares a lot of functional features with the Vortex Optics SF-RG-501 Strikefire II Red Dot Sight from the same manufacturer but is perhaps a better option if you’re going to interchange between the firearms you’re going to mount.
The SPARC 2 Black AR15 High Mount’s range of features could quite easily make one forget that it’s actually still a budget red dot sight, so some room for a couple of drawbacks should be provisioned for.
- The sight is not compatible with night vision
- The coating may have been intended to increase the intensity of the scope’s illumination, but that, unfortunately, reduces brightness
- There is more than just a slight drop in performance in low light environments
2 – Trijicon RMR 6.5 MOA Adjustable LED Red Dot SightIf you own handguns such as those from the Smith & Wells M&P range, the most likely reason is most probably for practical purposes, such as defending and protecting yourself in possible real-life situations. Any of the target practicing you dedicate your time to is with the view of beefing up your firearm competency and so you’d naturally look towards sighting gun with something like the Trijicon RMR 6.5 MOA Adjustable LED Red Dot.
The Trijicon RMR comes into play very well for practical, self-defense and similar uses because of the practicality its features pack. One only needs to look at the $500+ price to come close to the conclusion that this is indeed a sought-after device, but one which is sold more out of necessity than anything else.
The Trijicon RMR offers…
- Sizeable and practical MOA (6.5) which is easily adjustable at 1 MOA to each dial-click
- Two Night Vision Modes that add to the eight brightness settings (with auto-adjust mode)
- A special, super-bright light setting
- Overall true-life practicality (quick target acquisition and deployment)
- Quite costly
- A change of battery will require you to re-sight
3 – HOLOSUN HS403A Micro Red Dot Sight (2MOA)
Looking for a sight that’s the perfect size for your AR?The HOLOSUN won’t frustrate you with any need to replace its mount, since the riser it comes with is the perfect fit for an AR, but you’ll also get a lower mount which gives you the freedom to pair your sight with just about any other hand-piece.
Do I get any value for my money?
- Budget price range, but rivals some market leaders in terms of performance-to-price ratio
- Has a choice between a dozen brightness settings, 2 of which are night vision mode settings (day or night use)
- Auto-activate feature when you pick it up for quick and easy practical use
- Versatile: can be used for rifles, revolvers (hunting), bows or even on archery gear
- Very clear lens of high quality
- No parallax errors
Some very clever designing went into the layout of the battery housing, which is concealed in the sight’s base, leaving more room to see without any unnecessary obstacles, but this means that:
You can’t really use this sight with an Aimpoint HT mount or even on a railed AR handle, which are otherwise commonly used mounts
You’ll definitely be getting some great value for your money with the HOLOSUN HS403A Micro Red Dot Sight (2MOA) with AR Riser, particularly if you compare it with the similar but considerably more expensive Aimpoint H-14 MOA Micro Sight and the Aimpoint Micro T-1 Tactical Red Dot Sight. Design-and-style-wise, this Holosun can be compared with the cheaper Bushnell TRS-25 Trophy Red Dot Sight.
4 – C-MORE Systems Railway Red Dot Sight with Click SwitchThe C-MORE Systems Red Dot Sight with Click Switch fills the gap where most red dot sights find themselves a bit thin.
Surely FAST ACQUISITION cannot be as good as it gets with all red dot sights?
That’s correct — fast target acquisition does indeed seem to be the major selling point for a lot of red dot sights, but most of these neglect to pay more attention to the quality of the dot. If you want more freedom to vary the size of your red dot, this sight offers an extremely bright red dot with intensity levels that are adjustable. Basically, you can change the dot modulation to an orientation you’ll find more comfortable and compatible with your shooting ability
Are you a competitive race gun (performance modified firearm) shooter?
You’ll probably pay about double the amount of a budget red dot sight for this particular sight (between $265 and $370), but you definitely get double the value for your money because this is the sight of choice for many race gun shooters. You get:
- Vastly increased shooting accuracy
- Great shooting speed (the display is designed for very quick target acquisition)
- Durability offered by the aluminum body
- Has 2 Night Vision setting, in addition to the 8 bright light settings and even 1 low-light setting
This sight is very job-specific though so you won’t get much by way of extended versatility such as trying to mount it on a revolver. It definitely gets the intended job done and you’ll be very aware of this if you are a competitive shooter. That said, you’ll probably only want to use this for a specific, dedicated race gun, otherwise, if you’re willing to spread your budget a bit more you can either get the C-MORE Systems RTS2 6 MOA or the C-MORE Systems RTS2 3 MOA. These possible alternatives will give you the leeway to mount on secondary race gun pistols, such as your revolver, off-setting any need to have to put up with about an inch of elevation (the C-MORE’s height above some handguns is a full inch).
5 – Sightmark Ultra Dual Shot Pro Spec NV Sight QD
Budget sighting gets a serious shot in the arm with the Sightmark Ultra Dual Shot Pro Spec NV QD, simply because it highlights how game hunting success can be achieved without magnification. The “NV” part of the sight’s production name doesn’t really represent the scope’s inherent night vision function though, but rather champions its suggested pairing with a co-sighting device that does have night vision. The idea is that you hunt deer (or other game) during the day and then if you want to extend the Ultra Dual Shot’s capabilities, it’ll work well with a Night Vision scope.
The scope’s size tips the balance in favor of the peripheral view over the field of view, but one only realizes this if you have another similar class sight to compare this one with, which is not very likely since you’d be looking at specific sights for game hunting.
This aesthetically advanced sight will give you a choice between four reticle patterns, each of which displays very crisply, a workable field of view and great recoil-resistance.
Don’t hold your breath about the integrated laser though — it’s somewhat of an afterthought that wasn’t really necessary, but it’s a nice side tool to play with (and that’s all). View more detailed Sightmark Reflex Sight review.
6 – EOTech Transverse Red Dot SightOne of the more expensive red dot sights around, the EOTECH Transverse Red Dot Sight, Black, Circle-2-Dot Reticle is almost a waste of money if you don’t buy it along with the EOTech G33.STS.BLK G33. Magnifier. It kind of makes one wonder they’re not both officially sold as a combination because the reticle doesn’t offer much by of clarity. In fact, you’d find a much crisper reticle in a number of other scopes from the exact same manufacturer so it has to be said that if you are going to buy this sight, get the magnifier (EOTech G33.STS.BLK G33 Magnifier with Switch to Side Mount, Black Finish) too.
…without the separately-bought magnifier:
- Very accurate and consistent (maintains zero well)
- Fits ARs quite naturally
- Looks very good
- Gives you that good old EOTech durability
…paired with the separately-sold magnifier
- The sight’s illuminated reticle clarity is markedly improved when used with the magnifier
…without the separately-bought magnifier
- The positioning of the buttons could have been better thought-out. Maybe if they were positioned to the side of the device’s main body they wouldn’t get in the way so much and would offer a bit more comfort when tweaked
- The illuminated reticle has a blurry halo-like distortion, irrespective of the brightness you set it to
Pretty much all the drawbacks disappear when the scope is paired with the G33 Magnifier, apart from the total price which only extends an already expensive device on its own.
- BURRIS FASTFIRE III WITH PICATINNY MOUNT 3 MOA SIGHT
- PRICE $$$
- MATERIAL : Made using the highest quality materials
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required
- 3 MOA
- DAGGER DEFENSE DDHB RED DOT REFLEX SIGHT, REFLEX SIGHT OPTIC AND SUBSTITUTE FOR HOLOGRAPHIC RED DOT SIGHTS
- PRICE $$
- MATERIAL : Aircraft grade aluminum
- Batteries : CR2032 Battery
- 1 MOA
- RHINO TACTICAL GREEN & RED DOT SIGHT FOR RIFLES & SHOTGUNS BY OZARK ARMAMENT
- PRICE $$
- MATERIAL : Picatinny Cantilever Mount Co-Witness with Iron Sights
- Batteries : CR2032 battery
- 4 MOA
- UTG 3.8″ ITA RED/GREEN CIRCLE DOT SIGHT W/INTEGRAL QD MOUNT
- PRICE $
- MATERIAL : High tech emerald coatings , Detachable Picatinny mounts
- Batteries : CR2032 3V
- 4 MOA
- FIELDSPORT MICRO RED DOT SIGHT, PRECISION RED DOT ONLY NO GREEN
- PRICE $
- MATERIAL : Aluminum
- Batteries : CR 2032 Battery
- 4 MOA
- SIGHTMARK SM26008 ULTRA SHOT PLUS RED DOT SIGHTS
- PRICE $$$
- MATERIAL : Aluminum with Shock proof
- Batteries : 1 CR2 batteries required
- 5 MOA
7 – Burris Fastfire III with Picatinny Mount 3 MOA SightFeaturing a 3 MOA dot reticle (as the name suggests), the Burris 300234 Fastfire III with Picatinny Mount (3 MOA) Sight is one you’d very strongly consider if you had wide range of firearms with which you’d want to use it.
How versatile is the Burris 300234 Fastfire III?
Well it’s safe to say it’ll mount on almost all of your hand-pieces, including:
- Hunting Rifles
Not only is it versatile in this way, but this sight was built for accelerated target acquisition.
Priced at just a tiny fraction above what would be ordinarily considered a budget sight, the Burris is a marvel in action — there’s perfect eye balance and no dominance at all. The sight seems to be perfectly aligned with the target because your bullet hits EXACTLY what your sight is pointing at!
The mounts can be very easily removed and the sight’s recoil tolerance is very impressive, to say the least, as it’s able to withstand the recoil of semi-automatic 0.45 handgun and even that of a 460 XVR pistol.
You can also adjust the device’s elevation without using any tools; you can use the auto-brightness setting or manually fiddle through the brightness levels yourself.
It’s very hard to find fault with this sight, if a “fault” absolutely had to exist, it would be nothing more than the relatively small buttons (both the brightness adjustment buttons and power), which makes them a bit of a challenge to use without compromising your aiming accuracy. Double thumbs up otherwise!!
8 – Dagger Defense DDHB Red Dot Reflex sight, Reflex sight optic and substitute for holographic red dot sightsThis reflex sight is made out of aircraft grade aluminum and it’s small enough to allow other accessories to be mounted on your Picatinny rail without interfering with them.
The sight’s reticle can be changed, and you can choose between four reticle configurations between a simple dot and a crosshair. The reticle can either be illuminated in red or green. The reticle is bright enough to be seen during the day and night. The red reticle might be easier to spot in sunny conditions.
The sight is water resistant, so you can use it in rainy or foggy conditions, but it’s not waterproof, so you shouldn’t submerge it under water.
- Easy Zeroing – This red dot sight comes almost zeroed from the pack. Most customers report that the sight is only a couple of inches away from zero at 100 yards as soon as you mount it, so zeroing it will not be difficult.
- Great Customer Service – Every mass-manufactured product can have faults, it’s only normal. But when you report those faults to the manufacturer, it’s good to have a customer service who understands you. This manufacturer’s customer service exceeds expectations, and that’s always a big plus.
Could Be Brighter – Even though the sight is not very difficult to spot in daylight, it could be brighter to facilitate target acquisition.
9 – Rhino Tactical Green & Red Dot Sight for Rifles & Shotguns by Ozark Armament – Includes Picatinny Cantilever Mount Co-Witness with Iron Sights – Coated OpticThis red dot sight is specially designed to co-witness perfectly with regular AR pattern sights and benefits from 4 MOA dot which makes target acquisition fast and precise in any environment.
All the sights produced by this manufacturer pass through several testing procedures before they’re released on the market. This ensures the products are ready to be used in the harshest conditions with reliable results.
The sight has a 35 mm wide objective and you’ll be able to see the green or red reticle without any difficulties even when the day is bright. The reticle’s brightness can be adjusted easily and you can choose between 5 brightness levels to find the perfect option for your particular situation.
- 1-Year Full Warranty – This product benefits from a 1-year full warranty with no questions asked. The sight also benefits from dedicated support for the full length of the warranty.
- Flip-up Lens Caps – This sight is specially designed to co-witness standard sights, so you don’t have to use it all the time. When you’re not using the sight, you can protect the lens with the caps
- Foggy Dot – This sight’s dot can get foggy if you’re using it in low light conditions. You’ll still be able to use it, just not as accurately as in bright conditions.
10 – UTG 3.8″ ITA Red/Green Circle Dot Sight w/Integral QD MountThis versatile red dot sight can be used on a wide range of firearms, from handguns to rifles or shotguns. The sight comes with a quick detach mounting deck so you can quickly take it off if you need to.
The sight has a 65 MOA circle reticle and a 4 MOA green or red dot. The reticle is bright and crisp, and you’ll be able to see it clearly in bright or low light conditions. You can change the sight’s 5 levels of brightness intensity to find the perfect one for your situation.
The sight’s height is specially designed so it will be able to co-witness the AR rifle’s iron sights as soon as you mount it.
- Two-year Warranty – This extended warranty period is proof of the fact that the manufacturer is confident that the product will outlive the warranty period if it’s used properly. It also means you don’t have to pay extra in case the product doesn’t function as it should.
- Very Bright Reticle – This sight’s reticle is very bright and you’ll be able to see it without any trouble in all kind of light conditions, low light or really bright
Manual Turn Off – This sight only has a manual turn-off switch, so if you’re not careful to turn it off, the battery will be drained quickly.
11 – FieldSport Micro Red Dot Sight, Precision Red Dot Only No GreenThis small red dot sight is one of the cheapest models available on the market. The sight uses a 4 MOA red dot to provide a faster and more precise target acquisition than regular, stock iron sights.
The sight’s emitter is placed in the 9 o’clock position, so this model won’t interfere with the lower third co-witness like some of the other sights which use a 5 o’clock emitter.
The sight is not very accurate straight out of the box, and some zeroing will be needed. As soon as you zero it, though, you’ll find that this small red dot sight is as accurate as other models ten times its price.
The reticle has 11 different brightness settings, so you should find the perfect brightness setting for all shooting scenarios. The highest brightness setting makes the reticle clearly visible in the daytime when the sun is shining brightly.
- Great Value – This model is one of the cheapest red dot sights available on the market, but it’s still a great choice. It offers a great value for the price.
- Durable – Despite its low cost, this model is durable and you’ll be able to use it for a long time.
- Doesn’t Co-witness Without Raiser – If you want to use this sight to co-witness your iron sights, you’ll need a raiser which is not included.
12 – Sightmark SM26008 Ultra Shot Plus Red Dot SightsThis red dot sight is designed to be versatile. You can mount it on shotguns, handguns, or rifles with great results. The sight uses a CR123A battery which should last up to 10,000 hours. The sight automatically turns off after one hour of continuous use to prolong battery life.
The sight’s reticle can be illuminated in either green or red. Operating the sight is easy using two soft tactile buttons on the left side. The On/Off button is multi-functional – the first time you press it, the sight will turn on and the reticle will be illuminated. If you press it again while the unit is on, the reticle illumination light will change between green and red. If you keep the button pressed for three seconds, the sight will turn off. The second button will change brightness levels.
The sight will co-witness the standard iron sights of the AR without needing a mounting block. The rotary switch is placed at 6 o’clock and will allow you to switch between 4 reticle patterns.
- Long Battery Life – This sight has a long battery life and the automatic shut-off feature will make sure that the battery is never drained uselessly.
- Holds Zero Perfectly – Once you zero in this sight, you’ll be able put hundreds if not thousands of rounds with it without having to re-zero.
- Bad Instructions Manual – The instructions manual gives some false information. The battery type needed to operate the sight is CR123A, but the manual says CR2.
Guide to Find The Best AR-15 Red Dot Sight
What to look for?
When looking for a good red-dot sight, you want to strike a balance between specific features you want for sighting your firearm, while steering clear of getting tempted by some extra features not usually synonymous with a traditional red-dot sight. There are many different types of red dot sights available on the market, but generally, if you come across additional features such as magnification or illuminated reticle (in some cases), these features often take the place of many primary features of a solid red dot sight.
If you have the budget, go for a specific red dot sight that specifically fits and works well with an individual firearm or class of firearms. AR15 red dot sights are a good example of this view because you then get great performance, durability and interchangeable functionality (one red dot sight can usually fit a wide range of AR15s).
Some red dot sights might have a green dot (reticle) as opposed to a red one, but the important thing to remember is that the dot needs to be visible to the eye, representing the firearm’s alignment with the target you intend to hit. Sights also have different reticle patterns and sizes, the best of which allows a good range of variation so that you can adjust the size and pattern to one which you’re personally comfortable with. Too big a dot and it can be very hard to clearly distinguish the target and too small a dot will serve as a distraction, with a lot of your effort going to try to locate the reticle.
Budget red dot sights can go as low as below $50 in cost, but you’d be strongly advised to stay away from anything below $140 if you don’t want to keep replacing your red dot sights. Anything up to around $200 is still considered budget, but for around that price you can get some really good sights that might need to be paired with a magnifier if you require extended magnification. Some of the best sights cost around $240 right up to over $550, but you’d have to match your specific requirements to a specific sight, otherwise, versatility generally takes away from optimal performance.
As far as the dot size goes (MOA), 4MOA sights will generally do a good job across a variety of handpieces, particularly rifles, but these dot sizes can also assist you in estimating the range of your firearm in relation to the red dot sight’s accuracy. The most common sizes for a red dot sight you’re likely to buy as a private consumer range from 2 MOA to about 3.5 MOA, and maybe even up to 4 MOA for more professional race gun shooters and the like.
Types of Red Dot Sights
Choosing between electronic and battery-free sights previously posed a problem that is fast disappearing, since battery operated red dot sights are becoming more and more competent for use in low-light environments or the situations that you have to use tactical flashlights. You might still have to contend with limited low-light functionality, but it’s almost always nothing too unbearable and your accuracy won’t be severely compromised. Batteries are also built to last much longer, with red dot sight prices in the region of $200 and above buying you about 5 000 hours of continuous use, with power-saving features such as auto-brightness adjustments and auto-power off when not in use.
Benefits of having a Red Dot!
The major benefit of choosing a red dot sight over other types of optical scopes is the good performance it offers at a comparatively lower price. What many people may not know is that red-dot sights are also safer than sights like those that use holographic technology (holographic sights). If a holographic sight’s lens cracks, for example, your eye might come into direct exposure to the laser and this can cause permanent damage.
Red dot sights also enjoy the collective benefit of their ever-decreasing weight, with the best sights optimized for weight via the aluminum or aluminum alloy used in their construction.
The ultimate benefit of having a red dot sight though is that of being able to acquire targets very quickly, using a scope that fits well with a wide range of firearms and ideally viewing your target accurately with both eyes open (the natural way).
How To Position The Red Dot Sight?
A red dot sight is an accessory to your rifle that will help you accurately hit your target. It shoots out a red dot light that will help guide you in hunting. When hunting one shot is important since the sound of a gun will disturb all the animals in the surrounding. If you can’t hit the target once, you will lose the opportunity to kill your target and may need to wait for many hours or even days to be able to see another target because they will scatter and hide. Having a red dot sight will help you not to lose this opportunity because it can accurately pinpoint you your target before shooting. To compare the best long range rifle scope click.
How to Place your Red Dot Sight?
One of the key components of a good performance in the shooting is by figuring out the ideal spot to place your sight on the rail of the air rifle. To achieve this the first thing you must do is to find the best location for you that is not too far and too near, somewhere which is best for you for aiming perfectly. A common mistake among some hunters is that they mount their optic almost at the rear end of the rifle which is just too close. Red gives never-ending eye relief, there is no need for you to cramp it too close to the rear in your field of vision because it will remain in focus in whatever distance it will be placed on. As a matter of fact, placing it too close to you will result in a lack of awareness of the surroundings and it minimizes your peripheral vision when looking for a target or prey. Some shooters though prefer to mount their sight as far forward and it worked for them however it is not typically recommended most especially if you are using a non-monolithic upper receiver. Its disadvantage is that it makes the sight the last thing that you will see when you raise the gun to your sight line
It is recommended to place the sight is the forward portion of the upper receiver. This kind of placement will solve all the issues caused by placing it in the rear or most forward part. This will give you a better field of vision and will be placed in the most secure part of the gun.
Remember having the red dot sight in its best location will help you inaccurately hit your target, giving you a clean kill but a mistake in placing it will make you lose your target, therefore careful placement is important.
Battery-Free Red Dot Sight VS Electronic Red Dot Sight
Red dot sight has been a big help to shooters since it was introduced. There are various kinds available today on the market but often times most shooters choose either the battery-free red dot sight or the electronic dot sight. In here I will shed light on what makes the other one better and which one will help you decide on what you want for yourself. To check the best scope click here.
Battery Free Red Dot Sight
One advantage of using a reflex style battery-free red dot sight is that it has no electronic parts that are subjected to failure. It gives off low light function that is illuminated with tritium.
The disadvantage of opting for this kind of red dot sight is that it becomes a disappointment during low lighting conditions and you cannot manually increase the intensity of the scope. If you plan to use this kind of red dot sight that has no battery be prepared to set up your gun to accommodate its deficiencies.
Electronic Red Dot Sights
As time passes by, the electronic red dot sights are considered to be more reliable and much more efficient than other types of sights. The technology used in this optic is relentlessly improving in longevity and durability. Some brands of electronic red dot sights can run for about an average of 8 years with continued usage. This also depends on the sight model which can either last from 100 to 1000 hrs. The power of this kind of scope depends on two things which are the light source power consumption and the capacity of the battery.
Best Red Dot Sights Comparison Chart
|Vortex Optics Sparc II 2 MOA Red Dot Sight||$$$||Aircraft grade aluminum||One CR 2032 battery||2|
|Trijicon RMR 6.5 MOA Adjustable LED Red Dot Sight||$$$$$||Forged Aluminum||1 CR2032 Lithium Battery||6.5|
|HOLOSUN HS403A Micro Red Dot Sight||$$$||Aluminum||1 CR2032 battery||2|
|C-MORE Systems Railway Red Dot Sight with Click Switch||$$$||Aluminum||3 volt lithium battery||16|
|Sightmark Ultra Dual Shot Pro Spec NV Sight QD||$$$||Aluminum Body with metal protective shield||CR 1632 3V||3.5 to 7.0 MOA has dot and laser with night vision
|EOTech Transverse Red Dot Sight||$$$$||N / A||One 123 lithium battery||1|
|BURRIS FASTFIRE III WITH PICATINNY MOUNT 3 MOA SIGHT||$$$||Made using the highest quality materials||1 Lithium ion batteries required||3|
|DAGGER DEFENSE DDHB RED DOT REFLEX SIGHT, REFLEX SIGHT OPTIC AND SUBSTITUTE FOR HOLOGRAPHIC RED DOT SIGHTS||$$||Aircraft grade aluminum||CR2032 Battery||1|
|RHINO TACTICAL GREEN & RED DOT SIGHT FOR RIFLES & SHOTGUNS BY OZARK ARMAMENT||$$||Picatinny Cantilever Mount Co-Witness with Iron Sights||CR2032 Battery||4|
|UTG 3.8″ ITA RED/GREEN CIRCLE DOT SIGHT W/INTEGRAL QD MOUNT||$||High tech emerald coatings , Detachable Picatinny mounts||CR2032 3V||4|
|FIELDSPORT MICRO RED DOT SIGHT, PRECISION RED DOT ONLY NO GREEN||$||Aluminum||CR 2032 Battery||4|
|SIGHTMARK SM26008 ULTRA SHOT PLUS RED DOT SIGHTS||$$$||Aluminum with Shock proof||1 CR2 batteries required||5|
If you’re searching for the best red dot sight, taking a closer look at a solid AR15 red dot sight will give you a good starting point. AR15 red dot sights are emerging as a great benchmark against which other red dot sights are measured since most red dot sights are optimized for AR15s. Since it’s impractical to try out a red dot sight with your weapon before making the purchase and confirming whether it is indeed the best red dot sight for you, general guidelines include choosing a red dot sight that is firstly compatible with your firearm (fits your firearm or has appropriate railings), secondly features a dot size (MOA) that coincides with the range of your firearm, and thirdly one which will naturally add to the functionality of your firearm (allows you to accurately acquire targets while keeping both your eyes open and not buckling under what appears to be a considerably “heavier” firearm).
You can also read about Glock Sights here!