The mini-14 is a semi-automatic rifle that comes in a vast range of variants built for and used by Law enforcement, security companies, hunters, ranchers, and target shooters alike. It is modeled after its most popular variant, the ranch rifle, a basic design for civilian use (mostly ranch and other property owners).
As this dynamic firearm continues to evolve, it is only fair to check out the market for some of the best optics to align with its awesome qualities. Therefore, whether you are shooting for protection, as a profession, or a hobby, we have compiled a definitive list of some of the best scopes to go with your mini 14 rifles based on our wealth of experience.
As is the usual fashion, we picked out a top choice, but our reviews are not always your needs. This is why you have six other amazing options to consider as worthy additions in your arsenal!
The Best Scopes for Mini-14 Rifles Are…
|1. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7x32 Rimfire, Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope - V-Plex Reticle|
|Check Current Price|
|2. Bushnell Optics, Drop Zone BDC Reticle Riflescope with Target Turrets and Side Parallax, Matte Black, 3-9x/40mm||Check Current Price|
|3. CRUSHUNT 4x32 Red Chevron Glass Etched Reticle Real Fiber Optics Tactical Optical Sights Scope||Check Current Price|
|4. UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope||Check Current Price|
|5. TRUGLO TRU-Brite 30 Series Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope||Check Current Price|
|6. Redfield Revolution 2-7x33mm Rifle Scope with Accu-Range Reticle||Check Current Price|
|7. Burris 4.5 x-14 x -42mm Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope||Check Current Price|
1. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire, Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescope – V-Plex Reticle
Everyone knows that the crossfire delivers, and then some. Back with a newer version that is sturdier, brighter and more dependable, the Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7X32 Rimfire scope is the best bet for your mini-14 rifle, and it is built specifically to serve a wide range of hunting applications.
This brand of scopes comes heavy on the competition, affording the user better value for their money when compared with similarly-priced rifle scopes.
It features extended eye relief and an uber-forgiving eye box, a fast-focus eyepiece, fully multi-coated lenses and enhanced, resettable MOA turrets to ensure optimal performance in the woods.
Housed in a hard-anodized one-piece aircraft-grade aluminum tube that is Nitrogen Purged and O-ring sealed for a lifetime guarantee of waterproof/fog proof performance, it is safe to say that this is a scope on steroids.
- 14 x 3 x 3 inches
- 5 pounds
- V-plex MOA reticle
- Longer eye relief, ultra-forgiving eye box, and fast-focus eyepiece
- Anti-reflective and fully multi-coated lens
- Finger-adjustable reset turrets
- Made of superior-strength aircraft-grade aluminum material
- Generous eye relief
- For all-purpose hunting applications
- Top-notch durability
- Short-to-medium range magnification
- BDC Reticle
- Would have been better if it featured a focus knob
- Not compatible for mounting on certain rifles
Not only is the Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire scope suited to a variety of hunting applications when mounted on a mini-14, it is also great to partner with 22lr rifles. The most distinctive feature about Vortex Optics Crossfires is that they do the business as usual and they do it excellently.
2. Bushnell Optics, Drop Zone BDC Reticle Riflescope with Target Turrets and Side Parallax, Matte Black, 3-9x/40mm
We are especially thankful that this scope comes with some of the most adjustable features among other products in its category. Built to take ownership of every tactical scenario, this product from Bushnell affords you the precision and dependability for a maximum shooting experience.
Decidedly uncompromising in optical precision, rugged reliability and peak performance, this is a product designed for the AR platform and excellent for all mini-14 rifle categories.
Created with high-strength aluminum alloy material complete with a hard-anodized finishing, nitrogen purged and o-ring sealed to prevent dust, moisture, and rust.
Even better, the product zeroes at 100 yards, with aiming points as far out as 500 yards. We can all agree that the Bushnell Optics riflescope is one product we are pleased with and we best recommend it for the standard mini-14 ranch rifle.
- 5 x 5 x 5 inches
- 31 pounds
- Fully multi-coated optics
- Target turrets(1/4 MOA click value) for pinpoint precise adjustments
- Fast-focus eyepiece
- Side focus parallax adjustment
- Made of aluminum alloy, anodize-finished and sealed to protect from the elements
- Lightweight, durable and reliable
- Easy to adjust, easier to use
- Water, dustproof, fog proof, and scratch proof
- Includes comfortable large eyepiece for super clear viewing and in obtaining accuracy
- Aiming points out to 500 yards
- Zoom rings are stiff, making it difficult to adjust. Do not take this along with you for a target shooting competition
- Does not give good tactile feedback as regards target turret clicks
One important thing you need to note about Bushnell optics riflescopes before you “put a ring” on it is that it is not always compatible with ultra-low to low scope rings.
It is crucial to properly check the clearance necessary on your individual firearm prior to selecting scope rings. Afterward, you are in for a memorable and peak-performing experience when you opt for this banger by Bushnell.
3. CRUSHUNT 4×32 Red Chevron Glass Etched Reticle Real Fiber Optics Tactical Optical Sights Scope
How cool is a scope that doesn’t need batteries? We will tell you. The feeling is simply unmatched. With a 4x magnification range and a reticle that complements daylight effectively, the ability of this scope to collect and maintain ambient light through its real fiber-optic system is of such heroic proportions that you can say that this is its superpower.
Also featuring an illuminated aiming dot that helps for adjusting brightness automatically according to the available lighting condition, we must say that this is the best scope for daytime outdoor activities. It also helps that it is easy to zero in and is encased in durable yet lightweight material for convenience and ease of use.
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Magnification: 4X
- Objective Diameter: 32 mm
- Eye Relief: 38mm
- Field of view:15′
- Field of view@100yds:33.0ft
- Windage & Elevation adjusters: 1/2 in
- Display Resolution: 5.7
- Ultra-bright daytime reticles using fiber optics which collect ambient light
- Easy to zero in and sight in
- Lightweight, durable and reliable
- Resistant against harsh weather conditions
- Short eye relief
- Hazy and distorted views
- Does not function great in darker conditions
Where the Crushnut 4×32 Red chevron glass etched reticle scope fails in ample provision of clarity and eye relief, it more than makes up for with its super-bright illumination that meets you at its peak in the brightest of light conditions. It is no Vortex, but you are still able to enjoy some of the more amazing qualities that make for a decent shooting experience.
4. UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope
This is a significant leap in optical technology from UTG and this is what we expect from a brand by a company called the Leapers. The UTG brand is dogged, and its ability to outperform most scopes in its price range makes it a worthy mention in our treasure chest of recommended mini-14 scopes.
Maintaining a substantial level of attention to clarity, this compact scope features a 30mm tube fortified with multi emerald coated lenses for peak performance in lighting and vividness, all built and tested on the True Strength platform.
It also features an innovative EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing (IE) system with low profile illumination control, Red/green dual-color mode and 36-color multi-color mode for resilience in the most volatile of weather conditions.
To ensure an uninterrupted and unforgettable shooting experience, the UTG scope features two soft and ergonomic control buttons designed for easy finger adjustments and quick-to-reach functionings. Here, all that is left is you and your target. Let’s play!
- 4 x 1.6 x 2.1 inches
- 45 pounds
- Premium lockable, resettable, and side wheel adjustable turrets
- Parallax free view from 10 yards to infinity
- Range-estimating mil-dot reticle
- EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing Technology
- Includes flip-open lens caps and a pair of medium profile Max Strength heavy-duty rings
- Built and tested on the True Strength Platform
- Easy to use and navigate with because of its compactness
- Versatile for a wide range of hunting and shooting scenarios
- Limitless parallax adjustment from ten yards to infinity
- Features multi-colored lens and angle sunshades for minimal glare
- Built to withstand all light and weather conditions
- Heavy recoil power
- Occasional tightening on the side recognition knob area
- Requires tightening after a couple of shots
- Hard to zero and sight in
Hunting down a terrestrial creature or going out on that target shooting competition? Find you a brand that offers limitless possibilities in terms of parallax adjustment, leaving you with a generous view large enough to zero in on and knock down any target from here till forever.
5. TRUGLO TRU-Brite 30 Series Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope
This list would not be complete if we do not pay homage to the TRUGLO TRU-Brite 30 series illuminated tactical rifle scope, free reversible, offset and monolithic 30mm scope rings inclusive.
Offering the shooter healthy doses of clarity, accuracy, and speed, the functionalities of this product have proven to be endless. Featuring a 30mm tube, 1-6x magnification, illumination options in red and green, and an expansive field of view, this scope lends the shooter a great deal of imagination by allowing for the utilization of an extremely fast sight picture that can be taken with both eyes wide open.
To engage targets up to 800 yards away, take full advantage of its pre-calibrated BDC turrets in calibers .223 and .308, and enjoy a memorable shooting experience.
- Product dimensions: 12 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches ; 2.2 pounds
- Enhanced brightness with 30mm tube
- 2 pre-calibrated BDC turrets in calibers .223 and .308 for targets up to 800 yards away
- Reversible, offset, monolithic 30mm scope rings/mount made with aircraft-grade aluminum
- 1/2 MOA windage/elevation adjustments
- 24mm objective lens
- Can use glass-etched reticle without illumination if necessary
- Capable of holding zero well while being easy to sight in
- Generous field of view
- Easy to adjust
- Super brightness, precision, and speed
- Fog, water and shockproof
- Mounts are on the heavy side
- Short eye relief
- Does not illuminate well in too-bright conditions
- Mount is not compatible with all rails
Its overall goodness and uncompromising quality makes this scope a highly recommended fit for your mini-14 rifles in spite of its shortcomings.
Talk about a scope with a high-performing mil-dot reticle offering fast trajectory as well as wind-drift aiming references. Typical of a duplex reticle, look forward to illuminating color choices in gleaming red and green too.
6. Redfield Revolution 2-7x33mm Rifle Scope with Accu-Range Reticle
This is a revolution that is as robust as it gets, put together by a brand that knows its stuff, and is not afraid to tell you all about it. Created with effortless finesse, Redfield Revolution rifle scope seeks to know your demands, and single-handedly covers them.
Having undergone a series of tests on a high-tech recoil strength simulation equipment AKA the mangler, this revolutionary product is dynamic, dependable, rugged, and fast.
- 8 x 3.2 x 3 inches
- 11 ounces
- 3:1 Zoom ratio
- Multi-coated lens system improves light and color transmission
- Rapid Target Acquisition eyepiece with lockable setting
- Accu-Trac turrets with tactile finger click adjustments
- Generous eye relief
- 65 MOA of windage and elevation adjustment; 1/4 MOA per click
- Suited to low light conditions
- Reliable, rugged, and rapid target acquisition performance
- Heavy recoil power
- Versatility of use
- The elevation adjustment knob and the cap are domed instead of flat, making it difficult to square the scope in its base
This revolution by Redfield offers Parallax adjustment for improved accuracy at long distances backed with a state-of-the-art design that knows what it wants. A brand of optical finesse and supernatural strength, this scope has your back any time and any day.
7. Burris 4.5 x-14 x -42mm Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope
Finally, something made especially for long-range shooting. The Burris 4.5 x-14 x -42mm Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope is built on the grounds of simplicity, elegance and swift effectiveness without compromising in size or magnification.
- 14 x 3.5 x 3.4 inches
- 12 pounds
- Fullfield II variable power 4.5x-14x-42mm matte black ballistic plex adjustable objective
- 1-piece tube construction
- Reinforced quad-seal gas seals
- Hi-Lume Multi-coated lenses
- Parallax adjustment for improved accuracy at long distances
- Long-range accuracy in a simple design that’s easy to use
- Compatible with any caliber or bullet weight
- Comes with an outer tube, resilient against vibrations and shocks
- Gathers ample light due to built-in precision-ground and high-quality lenses
- Scratches easily
With its Ballistic Plex reticle feature which is the most simple, functional, and classy trajectory-compensating reticle for hunting, Burris has sealed the deal.
The only thing more important than deciding on the best scope for your mini-14 is determining the different types of scopes and their uses. Like we said earlier, we review based on the majority’s needs, but what is to say that you share the same needs as everyone else?
Once you have made your research, do not compromise on the following parameters while shopping for a good scope:
At close range, you can shoot up to 100 yards, medium-range stretches to 350 yards, while long-range shoots at over 350 yards. As a beginner, you most likely need a scope with close-range magnification power.
For beginners, we recommend the use of the duplex reticle as it is the easiest to understand. On the other hand, BDC reticles are better for longer-range shots thus recommended for professional shooters.
The key phrase is: “Not too much, not too little.”
The lens coating on your scope should protect your eyes from excessive glare and transmit light evenly.
Go for scopes that can withstand weather elements, moisture, fog, and shock.
Back in the day, mounting a scope on your rifle would not be nearly as important as it is now, but these days, it is all you need to get on your mark, aim, and take that shot.
Good news is, 9 times of 10 and with a scope as good as the Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 Rimfire riflescope for instance, you will hit your mark. Few things are as fulfilling as a great shooting/hunting experience to put you in high spirits and make you feel like a Conqueror every time you wield your firearm.