In hunting and in shooting sports, scope accuracy and consistency are the most important aspects of the activity. Most people usually underestimate the value a good scope mount has to enable them to achieve these two things.
In our view, you should spend as much attention on the quality of your scope mount as you spend on the scope itself and the rifle. This is not to say that it should be the most expensive mount. However, it should be a scope mount that holds securely and will not shift under recoil.
To help you achieve this, we’ve compiled a shortlist of our best and most reasonably priced scope rings from a wide field of options in the market. Let’s dive into it and get our reviews.
Table of Contents
- The Best Scope Rings and Mounts Are…
- 1. UTG AccuShot Medium Profile 1″ Rings, 2-Piece Set — Top Choice
- 2. Vortex Tactical 30mm Riflescope Ring — Runner Up
- 3. Warne 1″ Quick Detach Medium Profile Rings — Best QD Rings
- 4. Weaver Quad-Lock 1″ Medium Profile Detachable Rings — Best for Money
- 5. Nikon Black Precision 30mm Scope Mount — Best One-Piece Scope Mount
- 6. LIRISY 1″ Dovetail Scope Mount Rings — Best Dovetail Rings
- Buying Guide for the Best Rifle Scope Rings and Bases
- Parting Shot
The Best Scope Rings and Mounts Are…
|1.UTG AccuShot Medium Profile 1" Rings, 2-Piece Set||Check Current Price|
|2.Vortex Tactical 30mm Riflescope Ring||Check Current Price|
|3.Warne 1" Quick Detach Medium Profile Rings||Check Current Price|
|4.Weaver Quad-Lock 1" Medium Profile Detachable Rings||Check Current Price|
|5.Nikon Black Precision 30mm Scope Mount||Check Current Price|
|6.LIRISY 1" Dovetail Scope Mount Rings||Check Current Price|
1. UTG AccuShot Medium Profile 1″ Rings, 2-Piece Set — Top Choice
The UTG AccuShot Medium Profile 1″/2PCS Rings are some of the best rings in the market and our top favorite. They are solidly built from aircraft-grade aluminum that is finished in an anodized black matte finish.
They also feature 4 hex screws with retention features to prevent loosening on each ring and also come with a full-length locking plate that will guarantee easy installation and a secure fit onto your rail.
- Set of 1″ medium profile Picatinny/ Weaver Rings
- 4 hex screws with retention features
- Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy with an anodized black matte finish
- Limited lifetime warranty
- High-quality construction with an excellent finish
- Fits all Picatinny and Weaver rails
- Full-length locking plate guarantees a secure fit and stay
- Installs easily and comes with an alen wrench to help you tighten the top screws
- The cutout design on the rings allows you to use your iron sights as well as the scope
- The spring tension on the cross bolt that tightens to the rail allows for quick adjustment of the scope for eye relief quick and easy
- The hex screws do not thread tightly enough without Loctite Blue
- The cross bolt is rounded and cannot guarantee a secure fit on a Picatinny rail when used on rifles with a lot of recoil. They fit better on a Weaver rail
The rings are reasonably priced and are of good quality. They are well-rated at 4.6/5 for their solid build and secure attachment to the rails.
2. Vortex Tactical 30mm Riflescope Ring — Runner Up
The Vortex Tactical 30mm Riflescope Ring is perfect for attaching any 30mm tube diameter scope or accessory to a Picatinny rail. The rings have been optimized but not limited to AR 15 style rifles for height. The medium height ring will position the center of your riflescope tube at 24.6mm height from the base.
You also have the option for low (21.0mm), high (30mm), 37mm and 40mm heights. Made from an aluminum alloy construction and finished in matte black, this ring also features 6 screws to hold your scope more securely.
- 30mm tube diameter ring
- 5 profile options
- 7oz weight
- Vortex VIP warranty
- Features 6 screws that will hold your scope more securely versus 4 screws
- Comes in a choice of 5 heights specially optimized for AR 15 style rifles
- The ring is sturdy for use on a mid-range rifle but is also lightweight for use on a hunting rifle
- Mounts only on Picatinny rails although they could also be compatible with Weaver rails
- Rings need to be lapped before use which requires special lapping equipment
The manufacturer has built a solid reputation for good quality products that are backed by the best warranty in the market. These rings have a quality rating of 4.6/5. When buying, make sure to check the descriptions that the price is for one or a set of rings.
3. Warne 1″ Quick Detach Medium Profile Rings — Best QD Rings
The Warne 1″ Quick Detach Medium Profile Rings feature the Warne indexable lever system which allows you to remove and reattach your scope to the rifle without losing zero settings. The system also allows you to index the location of the lever once the rings are attached to the Warne Maxima bases.
These rings also feature a square stainless steel recoil key which guarantees that the rings will not shift under heavy recoil and also protects against peening or swaging when mounted on aluminum bases.
They come in 1″ and 30mm models and the finished rings are assembled with 4 Torx T-15 socket screw caps for strength and durability.
- Warne indexable lever system
- Square stainless steel recoil key
- 4 Torx T-15 socket screw caps per ring for 25in/lb of torque
- Return to zero is guaranteed when you detach and reattach the rings on the Warne Maxima bases
- The indexable QD levers allow you to position it to your comfort for easy removal
- It features 4 Torx screws at the top of the rings that will securely mount a scope or remove it easily
- The design of the rings uses Weaver rails or bases that allow for wide application
- Some users noted that the recoil key kept falling out when attaching and detaching
- The stainless steel material is slightly heavier than aluminum
The Warne rings are the best quick detach rings in the market and they are also very well priced. They’re also manufactured in the USA which is an indication of their quality and durability. Rated at 4.6/5.
4. Weaver Quad-Lock 1″ Medium Profile Detachable Rings — Best for Money
The Weaver Quad-Lock 1″ Medium Profile Detachable Rings are considered by some experts to be the best scope rings for long-range rifles. They feature two straps and four screws on each ring for added stability and security for the scope.
The rings feature the positive dovetail locking system. They also feature rear mount windage adjustments to help you center the scope’s line of sight with the bore. Thumbscrews allow for quick detach and features excellent recoil resistance to securely hold the scope in place.
Made from lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum with steel screws, these rings have solid construction and durability to hand all your scope mounting needs.
- 1″ QuadLock detachable rings
- Thumbscrews for quick detach
- Positive dovetail locking system
- 4mm saddle height
- High-quality rings for mounting a 1″ scope close to the barrel
- Rings fit Picatinny or Weaver rails
- They are great rings for a reasonable price. They’ll do all you need them to do
- Sturdy rings that hold up to heavy recoil
- Some users found that this medium profile is shorter than expected and it sits too close to the barrel
Overall, they are high-quality rings if you are on a budget. They also work well for long-range shooting and hold up well on recoil. Well rated at 4.5/5.
5. Nikon Black Precision 30mm Scope Mount — Best One-Piece Scope Mount
Nikon Black Precision 30mm Scope Mount is a single piece scope mount designed for precision and proper scope mounting on ARM/MSR rifles. The unique design offers a wider surface contact space for a more secure hold of your scope and perfect alignment for your rings.
Because this is a one-piece unit, it reduces the number of pieces and screws which means the scope mount has a better chance to withstand hard use.
This scope mount is precision machined from lightweight 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum and finished in a nonreflective black anodize. It features Mil-Spec 1/2″ hex nut clamps that will handle 65lbs of torque. Top-end caps use 8 Torx style fasteners with non-slip steel inserts.
- One-piece scope mount
- 30mm tube diameter
- Non Reflective black anodized finish
- 8 Torx style fasteners with non-slip steel inserts
- Good quality product with a great design for extra accuracy
- Comes in both medium profile and MSR models
- Compatible with Picatinny rails
- High precision mounts that do not require lapping
- It’s more expensive than most mounts in its category
This scope mount will give you a secure grip which makes it perfect for long-range shooting. It is lightweight but has a strong construction for hard use. It has a rating of 4.8/5
6. LIRISY 1″ Dovetail Scope Mount Rings — Best Dovetail Rings
The LIRISY 1″ Dovetail Scope Mount Rings are high-quality rings with solid construction and great performance. They feature a horizontal split design with 4 screws to hold the scope in place securely.
The ring bases feature 2 mounting screws to mount on a Dovetail rail. To prevent slippage of the rings due to recoil, one of the rings features a rail recoil stop screw. The rings also come with a built-in tape to prevent your scope from getting marred. These rings will hold a 1″ tube scope securely.
- 4mm tube diameter
- Fits 11mm Dovetail rails
- Each ring has 4 top screws and 2 mounting base screws
- Packaged in a Lirisy Exclusive Design packing box
- High quality rings with excellent finish and perfectly aligned
- Fits 11mm Dovetail rail securely and will hold zero settings through multiple rounds
- Easy to install and they are reasonably priced
- Features the horizontal split design which works easily to install your scope
- The built-in tap prevents marring on your scope but also enables the scope to be held securely without sliding
- The manufacturer does not indicate the torque values and some users have damaged their screws in due to trial and error
These scope mounts are excellently made to hold your scope securely and for it to stay accurate. They are highly rated at 4.4/5 for the solid construction and ability to hold steady despite heavy use.
Buying Guide for the Best Rifle Scope Rings and Bases
Scope rings have various height profiles to suit the size of your objective lens. The ring should position your scope parallel and clear above the barrel of your rifle. The bigger the lens, the taller the rings for the best visibility.
The scope rings need to match the tube size of the scope. Most scope rings are available for 30mm and 1″ scope tubes. It’s essential to get the correct size so as not to damage your scope.
The rings either open horizontally or vertically. Horizontal splits allow for easy installation of the scope better than vertically split rings which are more durable.
Most rings are manufactured to mount on a Weaver-style base. This is because most long-range shooters prefer them. They also have the advantage of being able to remove your scope without removing the mount making it easy to swap guns easily. Picatinny style mounts are also common and are compatible with Weaver bases while Dovetail mounts allow you to rotate your scope 90-degrees.
The majority of rings are manufactured in steel or aircraft-grade aluminum. Steel is sturdier and more durable while aluminum rings are more accurate and lighter.
Most of the best scope rings and mounts are reasonably priced. However, the amount of money you spend will be determined, in a large part, by how often you use your rifle.
Proper installation of the rings will ensure the precision and accuracy of your scope. This is so that the rings or mount don’t shift and misalign your scope. Also matching the proper size of the scope mount to your scope tube is equally important to ensure that the tube doesn’t get damaged.
We recommend the UTG AccuShot Medium Profile 1″ Rings as our top choice for budget rings. It fits the common rails available and comes with a full-length base for the most secure fit, all at a great price for your pocket.