Working with big-name designers to craft overbuilt and innovative knives, Zero Tolerance (ZT) has staked out a reputation for producing some of the most reliable US production knives.
ZT knives range from tactical folders to everyday carry (EDC) pocket knives to high end statement pieces. Closely associated with flipper and thumb stud knives, Zero Tolerance has set the standards very high, and the quality is apparent at first glance.
Hardened, forged in fire, the blades are crafted from the best quality materials, such as CPM S30V, CPM 20CV, CPM, and S35VN, while the handle scales sports titanium material.
But! How do you know which ZT knife is the ideal choice for you? We have six top models for you, which we selected after taking into account all the important features the best Zero Tolerance knives have.
Here Are Our Zero Tolerance Knives Reviews:
|1. Zero Tolerance 0350TS Knife||Check Current Price|
|2. Zero Tolerance Hinderer 0562TI Knife||Check Current Price|
|3. Zero Tolerance 0770CF Folding Knife||Check Current Price|
|4. Zero Tolerance Sinkevich 0462 Knife||Check Current Price|
|5. Zero Tolerance 0456 Sinkevich Knife||Check Current Price|
|6. Zero Tolerance 0609 Knife||Check Current Price|
1. Zero Tolerance 0350TS Knife — Overall Best Zero Tolerance Knife
The Zero Tolerance 0350TS is a stout, slightly heavy, everyday carry knife that looks and feels like it can take a beating.
- 75-inch overall length
- 25-inch blade length
- CPM S30V blade steel
- Textured black G-10 handle scales
- Tiger stripe coated plain edge
The 3.25-inch blade is crafted from CPM S30V stainless steel, which is well-known for its corrosion resistance and extended durability.
I really appreciate how easy it is to deploy the blade via the flipper tab or the dual thumb studs, using the SpeedSafe assisted action mechanism.
The textured black G-10 handle scales have a nice size and feel, providing you with a strong, non-slip, and very comfortable hand grip.
Another good feature of the ZT 0350TS is the deep groove finger guard for added protection, and the jimping on the handle for added grip power. But the thing is, the 4.5-inch handle length may be too short for people with larger hands.
- Excellent corrosion resistance and durability
- Dual thumb studs make the knife ambidextrous
- Flipper tab allows for quick one-handed assisted opening
- G-10 scales offer a comfortable hand grip
- Deep groove finger guard adds protection
- Length of the blade may be too short for some users
- Relatively broad tip may not be suitable for piercing hard surfaces
The Zero Tolerance 0350TS is the ultimate best zero tolerance knife with an ambidextrous one-handed SpeedSafe assisted opening.
Overall Rating – 4.9
2. Zero Tolerance Hinderer 0562TI Knife — Runner Up
The Zero Tolerance Hinderer 0562TI is our second best ZT model. This edge tool is ideal for everyday carry and active outdoor adventures.
- 5-inch blade length
- CPM 20CV blade steel
- Flipper opening
- Titanium handle scales
- Reversible deep carry clip
The heavy-duty blade is forged from CPM 20CV stainless steel, which is good because it has a high volume of vanadium carbides for unparalleled wear resistance.
It opens with an ambidextrous flipper on the back and has an ultra-smooth KVT ball-bearing opening system with a frictionless pivot. Once it’s open, it’s got a titanium frame lock with a hardened steel bar insert that locks as well as stabilizes the blade.
What I really like about this model is the pocket clip, which is reversible for left and right side carry and deep carry for maximum concealment.
The design of this knife is almost perfect, but I wish the flipper tab was a little bit smoother and if the brand could include dual thumb studs for added versatility.
- Blade is vanadium carbide enriched for great wear resistance
- Slicer ground edge is tough and great for slicing
- Ultra smooth KVT ball bearing opening action
- Titanium frame lock is strong, stable, and durable
- Pocket clip is deep carry, reversible, and ambidextrous
- Flipper tab is a little bit stiff
- No dual thumb studs for added versatility
This knife is definitely one of the best EDCs in the Zero Tolerance lineup, and it features all the hallmarks of the best modern knife design.
Overall Rating – 4.8
3. Zero Tolerance 0770CF Folding Knife — Best Flipper Opening
The Zero Tolerance 0770CF takes the concept of lightweight everyday carry knives to a whole new level with its high quality carbon fiber handle design.
- 5-inch overall length
- 25-inch blade length
- CPM S35VN blade steel
- Carbon fiber handle scales
- Flipper tab assisted opening
The signature feature of this ZT knife is the carbon fiber handle design, which is remarkably lightweight with a non-slip and comfortable handgrip.
I really appreciate the unique flipper assisted opening action, which is ambidextrous and allows for quick and easy one-handed deployment.
The heavy-duty blade is crafted from CPM S35VN with a stonewashed finish for superior toughness, wear resistance, and edge holding ability. The next big thing on this knife is the reversible deep carry pocket clip that allows you to carry the knife on either left or right side.
This is a nice model from Zero Tolerance, but the blade is a little bit thinner, which makes me question its long-term durability.
- Lightweight carbon fiber handle is easily maneuverable
- Stonewashed finish improves wear resistance
- Flipper assisted opening is highly ambidextrous
- Pocket clip is deep carry and versatile
- Has a very secure lock mechanism in the open position
- Thinner may blade may have limited durability
- Could be more versatile with dual thumb studs
The Zero Tolerance 0770CF has one of the all-time best flipper assisted opening mechanisms that does not only allow for one-handed deployment, but it is also ambidextrous.
Overall Rating – 4.7
4. Zero Tolerance Sinkevich 0462 Knife — Best Lock Mechanism
More than any other design out there, the Zero Tolerance Sinkevich 0462 is the best representation of a heavy-duty EDC style.
- 9-inch overall length
- 7-inch blade length
- CPM 20CV blade with satin finish
- Stonewashed titanium handle
The blade has a clip point with a cutting edge just over three and a half inches long that is good for slicing, skinning, and cutting. You get CPM 20CV blade steel that has incredibly high levels of chromium, vanadium, and carbon for unmatched corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and edge retention.
I really appreciate the slicer grind, which you can see by the grind line that goes up towards the tip, allowing the blade to be stronger at the heel when you need to power through a heavy cut.
In a typical Zero Tolerance fashion, this knife is a flipper and it runs on a KVT ball-bearing system that allows for a smooth and quick deployment. The next good thing on this model is the stonewashed titanium handle design that does not only provide you a comfortable grip, but it is also virtually maintenance-free.
But the brand needs to be consistent as far as quality control is concerned because some models may come with stripped torque screws for securing the pocket clip.
- Clip point blade is great for slicing, skinning, and cutting
- Good corrosion resistance and edge retention
- KVT ball-bearing system allows for smooth deployment
- Stonewashed titanium handles provide strong hand grip
- Reversible pocket clip is versatile and ambidextrous
- May come with striped torque screws for the pocket clip
- Narrow clip point tip may be delicate for hard-hitting cuts
The Zero Tolerance Sinkevich 0462 is the ideal choice for an EDC enthusiast. Not to mention its smooth deployment and cutting performance.
Overall Rating – 4.7
When you think of Zero Tolerance, the words overbuilt and stylish come to mind, and the Zero Tolerance 0456 is a perfect example of that aesthetic.
- 7-inch overall length
- 25-inch blade length
- CPM 20CV blade steel
- Titanium handle and frame lock
- Reversible clip carry
This knife definitely feels substantial in the hand and features a very angular Sheepsfoot style blade with a high flat grind for effective slicing and cutting.
It has a nice solid frame lock that features 3D milled titanium instead of carbon fiber or G-10 that reduces the overall weight and improves durability. I really appreciate the KVT ball-bearing on the pivot, considering how smooth it opens with a gentle push of the flipper tab.
The titanium handle scales and deep groove finger guard give a solid handgrip, providing you with the cutting power you need to get a lot of work done.
Poor quality control is my primary concern. It’s possible for two packages of the same model to have different aesthetic appeals.
- Angular Sheepsfoot blade is great for slicing and cutting
- Titanium frame lock is solid and durable
- Very smooth pivot system for nice opening action
- Solid titanium grip for maximum cutting power
- Lightweight design with excellent corrosion resistance
- Quality control isn’t incredible
- Could be better with a slightly longer handle
This Dmitry Sinkevich invention is highly versatile and built ready for everyday carry work with its heavy-duty CPM 20CV blade steel and lightweight titanium handle.
Overall Rating – 4.4
The Zero Tolerance 0609 looks fantastic with its anodized bronze frame, premium CPM 20CV blade, and 3D titanium textured handle scales.
- 4-inch overall length
- 4-inch blade length
- Premium CPM 20CV blade steel
- 3D titanium textured handle
- Reversible pocket clip carry
You get 3.4-inch of CPM 20CV blade steel with two-toned finish in a highly usable profile that has good edge retention and exceptional wear resistance. It is a KVT ball-bearing pivot, as you would expect, but the hardware itself is actually Martin’s see-through pivot that adds to the aesthetic appeal of the knife.
The 3D titanium handle itself is designed to perfection, and it is slim enough to carry easily, but textured and full enough for serious cutting work.
This knife truly catches the eye with its beauty and it is strong as anything else from ZT, but it is a little more understated in its dimensions.
- It’s a good looking knife for the money
- Good edge retention and wear resistance
- Ball bearing pivot allows for smooth action
- Slim and textured handle profile is easy to control
- Finger guard and grooves add hand grip power
- Its dimensions are a little more understated
- Blade centering isn’t consistent
The Zero Tolerance 0609 is a good everyday carry or gentleman’s knife, and it is truly one of the best-looking knives in the market.
Overall Rating – 4.3
Buying Guide: What to Look for in a ZT Knife
You can’t really go wrong with ZT knives. They are classic, unique, and well-equipped for everyday carry and tactical work.
But! How do you know which model is best for your application? Let’s find out:
While there are many features that distinguish ZT knives, the most important feature of all is the blade material. Zero Tolerance uses the best blade steels in the industry, but some of them are better than others.
Some of the most popular blade steels you can consider are CPM S30V, CPM 20CV, and S35VN. When I compared these materials, I realized that they have different compositions of carbon, vanadium, and chromium.
Both vanadium and chromium are usually added to a material to improve its mechanical properties, including strength, hardness, and wear resistance. So, in addition to good edge retention, make sure the blade steel has good amounts of chromium and vanadium.
Ergonomic Handle Design
The most important thing to consider when choosing a handle is its material. The three most popular materials you can consider are G-10, carbon fiber, and titanium.
G-10 handle scales are shapeable to provide a strong hand grip and superior traction in dry as well as wet conditions. They also have interesting texture finishes.
Carbon fiber handles are incredibly lightweight, extremely strong, and they come with very unique weave patterns and finishes.
But, the best of the best when it comes to ZT knife handles are those made from titanium. These handle scales are super lightweight and scratch, dent, wear, and rust-resistant.
Most ZT knives feature assisted opening actions with KVT ball-bearing pivot systems. But there are two ways to manual assist the opening process: flipper tab or thumb studs.
Your choice between the two mainly depends on preference, but I would prefer a model that is fitted with a flipper tab as well as dual thumb studs for added versatility.
Our overall best Zero Tolerance knife is the Zero Tolerance 0350TS Knife, which is built to perfection to match your everyday carry use. This blade sets high standards with its heavy-duty CPM S30V stainless steel blade that is wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant, durable, and can hold an edge longer.
The G-10 handle scales have excellent mechanical strength that provides a strong hand grip for superior control and maneuverability during heavy use. The SpeedSafe assisted opening on this knife is the best. Not to mention that the blade is fitted with a unique flipper tab and ambidextrous dual thumb studs.