A friend of mine introduced me to target shooting and it soon became a favorite hobby. I had such bad aim as a newbie, and if it weren’t for the sights that I ended up using, I’d be far far worse.
I had heard how red dot sights are popular because of how easy they were to use. Another friend of mine introduced me to Burris FastFire 3. To my delight, it actually worked for me. Despite its imperfections, it actually helped me improve my aim tremendously. In this Burris Fastfire 3 review, I will share my thoughts.
Things to Consider Before Buying Burris FastFire 3
The Burris FastFire 3 is a best seller, but there are some things you still need to consider before buying one.
- Ask yourself if you think the product will be useful. Before buying the product make sure that you will be able to use it. A red dot sight will help newbies, just like myself, aim better.
- Take into consideration what type of sight works for you best. If you are looking for something simple and easy to use, then this red dot sight may be a good pick for you.
- There are quite a lot of positive Burris FastFire III reviews from users. It even has a rating of 4.3 stars out of 5 in Amazon. It is known to be lightweight and small, but it is also known to be tough and reliable.
- There are some cons in using the Burris FastFire 3. These cons include its battery life, controls, range, lack of protective surface and some factory defect which can be totally fixed. These are the reasons to think twice before you actually buy it.
If you think you can deal with the Burris FastFire 3 and everything that comes with it, you should give it a try.
The Burris FastFire 3
Burris already released a series of dependable guns and equipment for years. Coming from such a prestigious company, Burris FastFire 3 continues to create an impact in the market. Now, Burris FastFire 3 is a best seller when it comes to red dot sights. It features in our top list for red dots sights for pistols as well as that for rifles.
The Burris FastFire 3 is a small and lightweight red dot sight that has proven itself to be tough and reliable to so many gun enthusiasts all around the globe such that it has become their go-to sight. It may remind shooters of Vortex Venom — another great sight. It puts a bright red dot on the target, giving you the accuracy and speed in shooting. This sight is used as a primary or secondary sight on top existing sight. It is available in a 3 MOA dot or an 8 MOA dot.
Gun enthusiasts have been using the Burris FastFire 3 for both long and short range shooting. It also has different customizable features, including an adjustable reticle for 3 different brightness setting for any lighting situation and an easy access battery compartment.
The Main Features of Burris FastFire 3
Small and Lightweight
The sight itself is small and lightweight compared to other red dot sights. Burris FastFire 3 only weighs 0.9 oz. or 25 grams. Due to its weight and size, it will not affect your gun’s stability making it a better option for better performance.
Quick Mount Capability
It is also known for its quick mount capability. Users experienced ease when it comes to mounting the sight. Gun experts can mount the piece for 10 to 20 minutes max. Not only is it easy and effective to use, but it also saves you a lot of time.
3 Different Modes of Brightness
The Burris FastFire 3 can be adjusted in different brightness settings. The brightness function follows this sequence: Auto Bright, Low Bright, Medium Bright, and High Bright. This brightness setting can come in handy especially if you’re working with different lighting situations. I work with different lighting situation and this feature comes in handy for me. May it be outdoor or indoor shooting.
Accessible Battery Compartment
The Burris FastFire 3 has an accessible battery compartment in which the user can change batteries anywhere. It is located at the top of the sight. The placement of the compartment will help you save a lot of time. Instead of un-mounting the sight before changing your batteries, you can change your batteries while the sight is still mounted to your gun.
This indicator will warn you if your battery is already low. The Burris FastFire 3 also has an automatic time-out feature which shuts down the unit after 8 hours helping its battery life last for 8 years.
The Burris FastFire comes with a 3 MOA dot and an 8 MOA dot. 8 MOA dots are used by short-range shooters, most especially with shotguns or handguns. While the 3 MOA dot are more popular with rifle users. This is used to cover less of the target area which is great for pin-point accuracy.
Automatic Brightness Setting
It has an automatic brightness setting. It adjusts itself in different lighting conditions. This makes your job easier. The sight will automatically adjust to your lighting preference.
Burris offers its users a warranty for their sold products. If you find anything faulty about the product you’ve bought, you can contact them and ask for a replacement. I have seen good reviews about how great Burris responds to this kind of issues. They respond and replace units as fast as they could.
Take a closer look at it in this video:
Summary of Pros and Cons
- It is easy and convenient to use. I love how Burris made the product user-friendly. The function buttons are easy to access. I
- It only takes a couple of minutes to mount. Experts can mount it for 5 to 10 minutes which can save you a lot of time.
- It has an easy access battery compartment that makes battery changing fast and easy. You can actually change its batter even if the sight is still mounted to your gun. It also comes with a battery indicator that could warn you if your device is running out of battery.
- It has different modes for different lighting situations. It also has an automatic brightness adjustment setting that can cater to your needs. The different brightness modes come handy especially if you go from one to another lighting situation.
- One thing that I’ve read is that there are a number of faulty products in the market. Despite Burris having a lifetime warranty program, it still takes a week up to a month to get a new one. It is also inconvenient to send the product back to the company and having it replaced.
- Burris FastFire 3 does not have an off button. You have to press the brightness adjustment button successively through 4 brightness intensities in order to turn it off. This can make your batteries drain faster or even cause the brightness button to break if you’re not careful.
- Some users have been talking about its dot size. As a user, I think that dot only takes time for you to get used to. At first you may find it hard to adjust your eyes, but as time passes you will be able to deal with it.
General User Impressions
It just took a while to get used to using this sight. I couldn’t see the red dot at all at first. Then I figured out that I just really have to gaze at the target in order to see it. I’ve shot more than a thousand rounds with this baby and it has worked perfectly every time. It has helped me a lot with my accuracy that my groups are much tighter now than when I first started.
Overall, I’m just super impressed with this red dot sight. Folks at the range like it too. They say it works like one of the more expensive red dot sights but at only half the price.
I compared and contrast sites, articles, and information about Burris FastFire 3, and I also found the same opinions about the product. I think that almost everyone that uses it is actually satisfied despite having some issues. Also, people have been dreading about the faulty units released, but that isn’t anything to worry about, since Burris is really good at sending replacements for defective products.
The Burris FastFire 3 has helped me improve my aim and I believe that it can also help people improve theirs. I highly recommend this product especially for those who just started getting into shooting.
I know that buying this type of equipment can be such an investment but for some, improving your skills is more important. It may cause a little but you may use it in the long run. The quality is also top-notch compared with other sights out there.
Just one reminder — find a source that you can trust. There are fake products lurking around so find the right site and dealer. There are also a lot of great deals to find so you have to extend all your resources to find the right Burris FastFire 3 for you.
How much does the Burris FastFire 3 cost?
The Burris FastFire 3 cost from $250 to $300. It varies from the site or the dealer you’re trying to buy the product from.
Does the Burris FastFire 3 come with accessories?
Yes, you can buy the Burris FastFire 3 with a Picatinny mount if you need it, but users can use it without the mount.
Can I buy it on Amazon.com?
Yes, you can buy the Burris FastFire 3 on Amazon.com.
Can I return my defective product?
You may return your defective and you can expect that Burris will replace it after a week to a month.
The Burris FastFire 3 is an amazing sight. It is a huge help especially for people like myself who are still improving their aim. This small and lightweight sight can help you improve your shooting up to 100% accuracy. Its size and weight will not affect your gun’s performance making it even better. I believe that the Burris FastFire 3 is a great find.
I have two. The first one, I purchased about four years ago and sits atop of my semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun; it works great, including shooting slugs. The second one I just bought for my semi-automatic pistol, chambered in .357 Sig; the jury is still out on whether it can handle the stress of high-powered rounds. But so far, it is holding up.