Using the best fanny pack holster models can save your life. While it’s true that not even the best models cannot offer the same draw speed as other concealed carry solutions, fanny packs can easily be worn when other concealed holsters cannot. Not only does this make them more versatile, but it also makes them more valuable.
When you’re using a concealed carry fanny pack, you won’t attract any unnecessary attention even if you don’t cover it up with clothing. These models resemble normal fanny packs so well, people will have a hard time figuring out that you’re actually using them to store your handgun.
In the following article, we take a look at the top 10 fanny pack models you can use to hold your gun and we check out the pros and cons of using each model.
Overview: Fanny Pack Holsters For Concealed Carry
|DTOM Concealed Carry Leather Fanny Pack||Check on Amazon|
|Roma Pistol Carry Pouch||Check on Amazon|
|DTOM Small Concealed Carry Fanny Pack||Check on Amazon|
|5.11 Outdoor Pistol Pouch||Check on Amazon|
Fanny Pack Holsters (The Top List)
1. DTOM Concealed Carry Leather Fanny Pack
We start off this list by presenting a fanny pack that has a simple yet effective design. The DTOM fanny pack is a slim and compact model that will be easy to conceal underneath clothing. This unit is made out of genuine buffalo/bison leather, and its backside is soft enough to carry comfortably directly against the skin.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it has a stylish design. Nobody will figure out that this small and well-designed fanny pack is actually a concealed carry solution at a first glance, making it very effective.
As far as the fanny pack’s interior dimensions are concerned, this model will fit most compact handguns nicely. The holster’s straps will keep the pistol from moving around in the pack, and you will be able to draw in a quick and smooth movement.
- Great Zippers – This fanny pack comes with strong and durable zippers that don’t catch the seams when you use them
- Elastic Holders – The holster’s straps are elastic, so they become looser over time
2. Roma Pistol Carry Pouch
The Roma pistol carry pouch is a budget-friendly concealed carry solution. This model comes with an adjustable waist belt that will fit most shooters. The waist belt is pretty accommodating, and it will fit anyone with a waist smaller than 50”.
We liked that this model is designed to fit a pistol and spare magazines at the same time. Both the handgun and the magazines are strapped with elastic bands that keep them from moving. The built-in holster will hold any pistol that is smaller than 9.75” in length.
Another good thing about this model is that its storage space can be extended. The fanny pack comes with MOLLE webbings, and you can attach any MOLLE-compatible accessory to them without it taking up the internal storage space
- Large – This fanny pack is large, and it offers a good storage space. Moreover, MOLLE-compatible accessories can be strapped directly onto the pack’s straps
- Bulky – The fanny pack offers a lot of storage space, but it’s bulky and it will be difficult to conceal underneath clothes.
3. DTOM Small Concealed Carry Fanny Pack
The DTOM concealed carry fanny pack is a great choice for those who are looking for a safe and secure way to hold their small-sized handguns. This model has a small and compact design, and it will accommodate only compact pistol models.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it has a small size. This will allow you to conceal the fanny pack with ease when you want to, and it will also make the unit easy to handle. The pack comes with multiple zippered pockets and pouches that will allow you to carry multiple valuables, IDs, credit cards and smartphones at the same time.
- Fits Glocks – This model will fit the compact Glocks nicely
- Pull Tabs Made Out Of Metal – The fanny pack’s pull tabs are made out of metal, so they will rattle when you move
4. Lirisy Handgun Fanny Pack
The Lirisy concealed gun pouch is a budget solution for those who want to keep their guns secure without spending too much money. This model has an ambidextrous design, and it allows you to draw your handgun quickly. The pouches’ two belt loops support a lot of weight, and you can use them to attach the gun pouch to any CCW belt.
We liked this model’s size and versatility. This model can fit most compact and subcompact handguns, and it will hold the M&P Shield and the Ruger LCP nicely. The inner plastic holster will secure the pistol and keep it from moving while allowing an easy draw.
- Breathable Fabric – The back of the fanny pack is made out of a breathable fabric, making it comfortable to wear when it’s warm outside
- Magazine Faces Down – This pouch will accommodate an extra magazine, but it will only fit it if you place it facing down.
5. 5.11 Outdoor Pistol Pouch
The 5.11 Outdoor fanny pack is a popular concealed carry solution among shooters. This model has a well-thought design, it’s made out of high-quality materials, so it’s easy to see why many people prefer it over other similar models.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it comes with a quick-draw feature that will allow you to draw and aim your pistol without wasting any time. The fanny pack is large enough to fit the M&P Shield and an extra magazine comfortably. The pack’s interior compartment needs some adjusting at first, but after that, the holster will fit your pistol nicely and it won’t allow it to move.
- Quick Deployment – The fanny pack’s design is well-suited for a quick deployment, so you can draw your pistol with ease.
- Belt Sometimes Slips – This model comes with an adjustable strap. Unfortunately, the strap sometimes slips a little, so you will have to readjust it from time to time.
Overview: Fanny Pack Holsters For Concealed Carry
|Patriot Pack Pistol Fanny Pack||Check on Amazon|
|ComfortTac Fanny Pack Holster||Check on Amazon|
|DTOM Law Enforcement Fanny Pack||Check on Amazon|
|Explorer Tactical Handgun Fanny Pack||Check on Amazon|
|Roma Cowhide Leather Fanny Pack||Check on Amazon|
6. Patriot Pack Pistol Fanny Pack
The Patriot Pack fanny pack is a comfortable concealed carry solution that comes at a good price. This model comes with an adjustable belt that will fit any shooter that has a waist of up to 50” in circumference.
We liked that this fanny pack comes with MOLLE-compatible straps on its front. This will increase the fanny pack’s storage space by a considerable degree, and it will allow you to strap tactical flashlights or other compatible items to it when the storage space is not enough.
As far as the unit’s internal dimensions are concerned, this model is large enough to fit most compact and subcompact pistol models without any problems.
- Compact Design – This fanny pack has a compact design, so you will be able to conceal it easily if you want to.
- Zippers Could Be Better – The fanny pack’s zippers could have been better
7. ComfortTac Fanny Pack Holster
One of the things we liked about this model is that it has a nice construction. The fanny pack is made out of high-quality materials, and it’s lightweight. The pack’s storage space is large enough to accommodate compact and subcompact pistol models, and it will fit the M&P Shield perfectly. This model can fit any firearm that has an overall length smaller than 6.5”.
- Safe Carry – The fanny pack’s design will allow you to carry the pistol pointing downwards instead of to the side. This will lower the chances of a harmful accidental discharge, and it will improve your draw
- Not Good For Subcompact Glocks – This fanny pack is not large enough to fit the subcompact versions of the Glock.
8. DTOM Law Enforcement Fanny Pack
The DTOM Law Enforcement fanny pack is a popular concealed carry option among shooters. This model can fit all full-size handguns, and it is a good holster for the Glock 19. The fanny pack can carry a few accessories and valuables besides the gun.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it has a small and compact design, despite the fact that it offers a good storage space. This will make the fanny pack easier to handle, and it will make people believe that you’re not using it for concealed carry purposes.
The fanny pack is made out of durable materials, so you should expect it to last for a long time
- Secure – The fanny pack’s internal holster will keep your pistol nice and secure, and the gun won’t wobble when you move
- Magazine Compartment Could Be Better – The fanny pack’s magazine compartment could be better. As it is, the magazine can rub against the pistol
9. Explorer Tactical Handgun Fanny Pack
The Explorer Tactical is a nice fanny pack concealed carry solution that comes at a good price. This model is made out of high-quality materials, and the internal holster can accommodate most popular handgun models.
We liked the fanny pack’s quick-open feature. This will allow you to draw your pistol quickly and with ease if the occasion arises, without having to pull on various zippers to reach your gun. The fanny pack is padded both in the front and the rear, which makes it comfortable to wear for long periods of time. The fanny pack offers an ample storage space, and it can hold a full-sized handgun, a wallet, and other accessories at the same time without bulging out.
- Quick-Open Feature – This fanny pack comes with a quick-open feature that will allow you to draw your pistol with ease.
- Internal Holster Is Not Balanced – The fanny pack’s internal holster is not well-balanced, so your firearm can slide out of it at times.
10. Roma Cowhide Leather Fanny Pack
We end this list with the Roma cowhide leather fanny pack. This item is made out of high-quality thick cowhide leather, and it’s stylish and durable. The fanny pack has a generous size, and it offers an ample storage space.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it looks well enough not to attract attention to your person. The cowhide leather looks nice, and the fanny pack looks rather ordinary, so no one will think of its convert carry capabilities. The fanny pack is large enough to fit a full-sized pistol, and you will be able to draw it quickly with a little practice.
- Large – This fanny pack is large, so it offers an ample storage space
- Uncomfortable In The Heat – The cowhide leather fanny pack looks stylish, but it can be uncomfortable if you plan on using it in the heat
Best Fanny Pack Holster Comparison Chart
|DTOM Concealed Carry Leather Fanny Pack||Genuine buffalo/bison leather||up to 42" waist||Left / Right|
|Roma Pistol Carry Pouch||Durable nylon||Waist smaller than 50”||Left / Right|
|DTOM Small Concealed Carry Fanny Pack||Denier Cordura Nylon||up to 42" waist||Left / Right|
|Lirisy Handgun Fanny Pack||Lightweight durable Nylon.||any gun with a MAX Overall Length of 6.9"||Left / Right|
|5.11 Outdoor Pistol Pouch||100% Nylon||Wide range of guns||Left / Right|
|Patriot Pack Pistol Fanny Pack||Durable nylon||waist of up to 50”||Left / Right|
|ComfortTac Fanny Pack Holster||Durable 600D Nylon||Any firearm that has an overall length smaller than 6.5”||Left / Right|
|DTOM Law Enforcement Fanny Pack||1000 D Cordura Nylon||36-40 inch waist||Left / Right|
|Explorer Tactical Handgun Fanny Pack||High-quality materials||Most popular handgun models||Left / Right|
|Roma Cowhide Leather Fanny Pack||Thick cowhide leather||up to 50" waist||Left / Right|
As you could see in our concealed carry fanny pack reviews, not all the models we included on our list can be used to hold the same type of handguns. Some models
are large enough to accommodate full-sized models, while others will only fit compact or subcompact pistols. One of the first things you should do when looking for the best fanny pack holster for your gun is to make sure the model you choose has the right size to fit your handgun. Another thing you should look for is how easy it is to conceal the fanny pack underneath your clothing. Some models are larger but more difficult to conceal, while others have a more compact design you can hide underneath a slim T-shirt.