Last Updated: by
Nikon is one of the leaders in visual hunting tools as well as cameras. Their science in optics leaves nothing to be desired. A cheap and versatile tool that will last for years to come due to its durability. Backed by Nikon’s full lifetime warranty, this scope has a seamless design and features that will keep any rifle accurate. The generous eye relief on this piece allows you can shoot away; even in low light due to its enhanced multi-coated optics. Find out more, here in our Nikon ProStaff Rimfire 3-9 x 40 Black Matte Rifle-scope (BDC 150) Review and see the true potential of this scope.
- Multi-coated optics:
Through Nikon’s optical sciences, this scope has been visually enhanced to meet the hunters needs. Multi-coated optics let for 98% of all available light to pass through the lenses. No longer will you have to worry about the early morning or late afternoon light hindering your shot. The light being channeled through the lenses make a brighter picture than cheaper scopes. More often than not the bigger game always move at darker times rather than broad daylight. If you are worried about the lack of quality, you have nothing to worry about. It is one of the best scopes in its price range with features that can rival those near $1,000. It features on our list of the best AR 15 scope reviews. If the price bothers you, you won’t find a better scope for cheaper; it’s worth saving up for a precision shot.
- Nitrogen Filled and O-ring Sealed:
A common but necessary feature among good scopes, having a nitrogen purged scope makes it a well-rounded tool in harsh weather conditions. The benefit here is that the seal eliminates any possibility outside element cannot breach the inside of the scope. Ensuring it to be fog-proof and last much longer that if it wasn’t sealed. Further more, if there is any defect with this seal or the scope itself, Nikon will gladly replace or fix the scope under their lifetime warranty that starts when the scope is purchased. If a scope that allows you to not worry about degrading sounds good, then this is the scope for you.
- Spot-On Ballistics Compatible:
Whether you are shooting on a nice AR or a customized rifle, it is always a good idea to find the best match for your rifle, bullets, and scope. If all of those are aligned, you’ll be unstoppable in the range or the field. Moreover, if you use Nikon’s Spot-On Ballistics software, you’ll have a lot more time out shooting than wasting that time and bullets trying to make it perfect. Spot-On Ballistics can run on a computer or an app(for a price) and will utilize different data points to make sure the ammo you are using is properly aligned with the scope. If that is something you wouldn’t want to deal with, this software can also recommend ammo to use.
- Easy To Set And Maintain Zero:
This scope sets to zero almost immediately and will keep zero for many shots to come. This has become possible with the Quick Zero Reset Turrets and it easily adjusted. From close or far, This scope will precise, durable and dependable. This combined with its quick focus eyepiece makes this scope a force to be reckoned with. So if you’re still wasting time attempting to keep that one scope on zero, then you’re not shooting right. Ditch that scope and get this one, it will be far more reliable in the long run. The more time it stays zeroed, the
better your chances of hitting the big one.
Before you go and spend your money on any scope, you might want to look at their advantages and disadvantages before. You may see one is better than the other.
- Spot-On Ballistics compatible, losing accuracy is a thing of the past.
- Auto Zero turrets, spring loaded so you spend less time zeroing and more time shooting.
- Perfect for use on the range or your hunting grounds.
- Multi-coated optics brings in 98% of light so you can see your target, night or day.
- Easy and practical to set up and easy to adjust.
- For the price on Amazon, this scope is a steal from Nikon… Get it before they realize!
- May be blurry at close range if the magnification power is high, but why would you turn up the power if it’s close range? Just leave it at its lower setting and fire away!
- Does not come with rings for installation, but they are easy to come by. Either make sure you study up the ring installation process or have a gun smith install them. Do not attempt to install the rings without knowing what to do. Many scopes have been destroyed by incorrect installation, don’t let one of those be your scope.
Overall scope holds great reliability and structural integrity. With a black finish, this scope will lay beautifully on any rifle and will provide an accurate shot every time. That is as long as you know what you are doing. What you will be getting when you purchase this scope is performance, style and overall satisfaction in your new found accuracy. Dead on shots make your rifle ten times more deadly and will dominate over the competition in the range. Thank you for reading our Nikon ProStaff Rimfire 3-9 x 40 Black Matte Rifle-scope (BDC 150) Review. Remember to research products before buying them and have fun shooting!