Last Updated: by
Using the best small of back holster models can save your life. These holsters have a design that ensures a quick draw, and most importantly, they allow you to carry your gun without anyone noticing. But the best part about using a small of back holster is that it’s very comfortable. Unlike other types of holsters that might chafe your skin or dig into your flesh, these models spread the gun’s weight across your waist, making it very comfortable to carry the gun for long spans of time.
In the following article, we present the top 10 small of back holster reviews. Each of the holsters below has been assessed, and we reveal the pros and cons of using them.
Table of Contents
- Small Of Back Holsters (The Top List)
- 1. Gould & Goodrich SOB Holster
- 2. DeSantis SOB Glock Holster
- 3. Cebeci Arms Universal SOB Holster
- 4. Advanced Performace Shooting SOB Holster
- 5. AlphaHolster Behind The Back Holster
- 6. Pro-Tech Outdoors SOB Holster
- 7. Federal Concealment Holster
- 8. Lirisy Concealed Carry Holster
- 9. Concealment Express SOB Holster
- 10. FreedomTactical Magnetic Holster
- Best Small Of Back Holster Comparison Chart
- Wrap Up
Small Of Back Holsters (The Top List)
1. Gould & Goodrich SOB Holster
We start off this list by presenting the Gould & Goodrich small of back holster, which is probably the most stylish option on our list. Despite the fact that the holster is a concealed carry option and not a lot of people will get to see it once you start using it, it has a beautiful design.
This SOB holster is specially designed to fit Glocks, and it’s spacious enough to accommodate the Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 31, 32, 36. The holster is made out of genuine leather that has been tanned in a chestnut brown color.
Besides the holster’s appearance, we were impressed by its comfort. The holster’s leather feels good against your skin, and it won’t chafe even if you wear it the whole day in warm temperatures.
- Easy Draw – This holster ensures an easy and quick draw
- Pricey – The holster comes at a steep price, but that’s to be expected since it’s made out of genuine leather
2. DeSantis SOB Glock Holster
Another holster specially designed to fit Glocks, the DeSantis SOB holster is a great model for those who like to keep their pistols in the “butt up” position. This model is made out of leather and it will fit the Glocks 26, 27, and 33.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it stays in a snug position against your back. Not only is this position comfortable, allowing you to bear the holster throughout the day, but it’s also easier to conceal under a normal shirt or T-shirt. The holster comes with an adjustable tension screw you can use to make sure it will fit you as per your preferences.
- Comfortable – This is a comfortable holster you can use for long spans of time.
- Difficult To Remove From Belt – The holster fits snugly on your belt, but it’s kind of difficult to remove once you want to change belts
3. Cebeci Arms Universal SOB Holster
The Cebeci Arms universal small of back holster is made out of top grain leather and has an ambidextrous design. This holster is large enough to accommodate large frame semi-autos, including the Colt 1911, Glock 17, and the M&P Shield.
We really liked the holster minimalistic design. The design is slim, making the holster and the pistol it holds easier to conceal. The holster’s top-open design ensures that your draw will be fast and easy, while the clip holds the holster secured to your tactical CCW belt. However, one of the problems with the top-open design is that the pistol’s butt can dig into your back at times.
- Good Price – This model comes at a good price, which makes it a high-value item considering it has a universal design.
- Pistol Can Dig In Your Back – Using this holster in the SOB position can lead to the pistol digging into your back.
4. Advanced Performace Shooting SOB Holster
The Advanced Performance Shooting holster is custom made from the ground up. Even the belt loops are different, depending on the type of pistol you’re planning to hold in this model. Unlike some of the other models we included on our list, this holster does not have a universal design. On the contrary, this model is specially designed to fit your handgun with careful precision, which only makes the match so much nicer and more comfortable.
This holster is made out of strong Kydex, and it’s extremely durable. The holster will withstand anything you put it through, and it will perform at its best even after hard use.
- Great Gun Retention – This model is specially molded to fit your handgun perfectly. Not only will this ensure a comfortable carry, but it will also provide a great gun retention.
- Draw Needs Practice – The holster will fit your pistol snugly and will stay close to your body, so you will need to practice your draw if you want to perform it quickly.
5. AlphaHolster Behind The Back Holster
The AlphaHolster behind the back holster is a comfortable model that comes in different sizes. Thanks to the varied sizes, this model will fit most shooters. The holster has a universal design that will fit most small to medium handguns, and it uses Velcro security straps to keep the pistol close to your body.
One of the things we appreciated about this model is that it comes with a simple yet effective design. The holster’s band is elastic and breathable, making it a comfortable concealed carry solution at all times, even during the warm months.
- Gun Doesn’t Move – The holster will maintain your gun in the same position you put it in. Unless you do handstands or cartwheels, you don’t have to worry about your gun moving.
- Can Scratch – Some customers complained that the holster can scratch your skin
6. Pro-Tech Outdoors SOB Holster
The Pro-Tech Outdoors holster is specially designed to fit the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380, and it can even accommodate the pistol when it has a laser attached. This model is made out of strong bonded nylon, and it comes with a metal clip that can switch sides, making it suitable for both left-handed and right-handed shooters.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it has a small and compact design which is only slightly larger than an ankle holster. The holster is just large enough to fit the Bodyguard 380 nicely, and it’s very easy to conceal under a shirt or a blouse.
The holster has an adjustable Velcro strap that will keep the pistol tucked in nicely, and it won’t allow it to move.
- Easy Draw – This holster allows you to draw your handgun easily
- Stiff Strap – The holster’s strap might seem too stiff at first, but it will loosen over time.
7. Federal Concealment Holster
The Federal concealment holster is a great choice for those who want to buy a small of back holster without spending too much money. This model is made out of nylon, and it’s specially designed to fit the S&W Bodyguard 380. As a plus, the holster is large enough to accommodate both the stock version of the Bodyguard 380 and the laser version of the pistol.
We really liked that this model can ensure a comfortable carry. The holster has a slim design that’s very easy to conceal, and it will fit the small of your back nicely. The soft interior lining will not scratch your handgun, and the soft exterior will not chafe your skin as you move.
- Good Padding – The holster comes with a good padding that will protect your back when you wear the gun for a long time.
- Clip Might Be Too Strong – Some customers complained that the clip is too strong, making it difficult to attach the holster to a belt
8. Lirisy Concealed Carry Holster
The Lirisy concealed carry holster is a good model that can accommodate a lot of handgun models. This unit can hold the M&P Shield, some Glock models, along with the Springfield XD and all similar handguns.
What we liked about this model is that it comes with a lifetime warranty. This is a clear proof of the manufacturer’s confidence in the model’s build, and it’s also a way to ensure that you will benefit from the customer service for as long as you use the holster.
This unit is made out of a high-quality neoprene that’s soft and prevents your gun from getting scratched. On the outside, the holster is wrapped in strong nylon that increases the unit’s durability
- Great Price – This model comes at a great price, especially if you take into consideration its durability and that it comes with a warranty
- Clip Might Be Obvious – The holster’s clip might protrude when wearing tight-fitting clothes.
9. Concealment Express SOB Holster
The Concealment Express holster is specially designed to fit Glock pistols. This model can accommodate the most popular Glocks and it’s made out of Kydex to ensure a snug fit to your handgun without the possibilities of stretching over time. This is one of the best holsters for Glock 19 currently available.
One of the things we liked about this model is that it has a versatile design. The holster comes with an easily adjustable retention clip and an adjustable carry angle which will allow you to personalize the holster’s and the gun’s positions.
This model comes with a positive audible click lock system. This is a great system, as it will let you know when the pistol is properly holstered, minimizing the possibility to drop your handgun when move.
- Solid Construction – This model has a solid construction, and it’s very durable. You will be able to use the holster for a long time.
- Difficult Draw – The Kydex will hold your pistol tightly, so you will need to practice your draw if you want to do it fast
10. FreedomTactical Magnetic Holster
The FreedomTactical holster has a universal design that’s supposed to fit everyone. The holster comes with a smooth nylon-plastic cord that wraps around your belly without causing discomfort and spreads the weight of the gun evenly around your waist.
We were impressed by this holster’s retention system. Unlike the holster we presented so far on our list, this model doesn’t use straps or positive locks to keep your gun in place. The holster uses strong neodymium magnets instead. The magnets will keep your gun securely in place, and you will only be able to draw the pistol if you pull horizontally during the draw. This retention system makes for a very quick draw and an easy reholstering, making this model extremely easy to use.
- Innovative Retention System – This model uses an innovative retention system that will make drawing and reholstering very easy.
- Questionable Durability – The neodymium magnets keep your pistol in place nicely, but they might not do it for a very long time.
Best Small Of Back Holster Comparison Chart
|Gould & Goodrich SOB Holster||$$$$$||Genuine leather||Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 31, 32, 36||Right|
|DeSantis SOB Glock Holster||$$$||Leather||Glock 26/27/33||Right|
|Cebeci Arms Universal SOB Holster||$$||Top grain leather||Large frame semi-autos, including the Colt 1911, Glock 17, and the M&P Shield||Left & Right|
|Advanced Performace Shooting SOB Holster||$$$$||Strong Kydex||Most Glock and similar sized||Left & Right|
|AlphaHolster Behind The Back Holster||$$||Breathable elastic material||Any gun||Left & Right|
|Pro-Tech Outdoors SOB Holster||$$$||Strong bonded nylon||Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380||Left & Right|
|Federal Concealment Holster||$$||Nylon||S&W Bodyguard 380||Left & Right|
|Lirisy Concealed Carry Holster||$||High-quality neoprene||S&W M&P Shield/GLOCK 26 27 29 30 33 42 43/Springfield XD XDS/Ruger LC9 & All Similar Handguns||Left & Right|
|Concealment Express SOB Holster||$$$||.08" KYDEX||GLOCK 17,19,22,23,26,27,31,32,33 (Gen 1-5)||Left & Right|
|FreedomTactical Magnetic Holster||$$$||Nylon-plastic flexes / Strong neodymium magnets||Glock 19 23 38 25 32 26 27 29 30 39 28 33 42 43 36 Smith and Wesson M&P MP Shield||Right|
As you could see from our short reviews, the best small of back holster models are specially designed to fit onto your back without interfering with your movements. However, you should always make sure that you follow the gun safety rules to avoid any accidental injuries.
Even though more states allow concealed carry without a permit, you should make sure that the state you’re living in is not an exception before deciding on a model. This will lower the chances of you breaking the law when you conceal carry your firearm.