The AR 15 is considered to be one of the most popular guns in America. It is also a highly customizable rifle with several AR 15 style rifles available in the market.
Its popularity has also created a huge market for rifle accessories such as scope mounts. Although they are rigid in terms of features, they are many scope mount brands available to choose from and that is why we’ve created this article.
This article has narrowed it down to the best scope mounts for AR 15’s on the market and we’ve done detailed reviews of each to guide you in your choice.
The Best Scope Mounts for AR 15’s Are:
|1.Atibal 30mm TPM-LT Scope Mount|
|Check Current Price|
|2.Burris Optics P.E.P.R. Riflescope Mount||Check Current Price|
|3.Vortex Optics Sport Cantilever Riflescope Mount||Check Current Price|
|4.American Defense Recon X-30-STD Riflescope Optic Mount||Check Current Price|
|5.Mizugiwa 1-Inch Cantilever Flat Top Rifle Scope Mount||Check Current Price|
|6.Leapers Inc. UTG Accu||Check Current Price|
|7.Warne Extended Skeletonized 30mm AR 15 Mount||Check Current Price|
1. Atibal 30mm TPM-LT Scope Mount — Best AR 15 Scope Mount
The Atibal 30mm Tactical Precision Mount- Lightweight (TPM-LT) Scope Mount is an extended variation of the 30mm TPM mount. The cantilever design extends scope forward by 6.35mm to give you optimal eye relief and is made to fit 30mm riflescope tubes onto your flattop AR 15 rifle.
This scope mount is the most functional quick-detach mount in the market. The quick detach features an easy to press button which releases the mount with a simple press and pull motion. Also available for this mount are 1″ reducing sleeves which reduce the 30mm tube diameter to fit 1″ scope tubes.
- Precision machined from 6061 T6 Aluminum and finished in hard coat T3 Mill Spec anodize
- Easy press quick detach system
- 57″ centerline height
- Lightweight and skeletonized design
- The easy to press QD system allows you to easily operate the mount in gloved hands without needing to scrutinize the mechanics of it.
- It does not require any tools for adjustment and is adjustable to fit both Picatinny and Weaver rails.
- The mount is made to be sturdy and the quick detach can withstand several rounds without becoming loose
- Made of good quality and abrasion-resistant materials. It is also waterproof and comes with a lifetime warranty
- Some users had some challenges the first time they were attaching it to the rails
If you use your rifle regularly, more so when competitively, you’ll find that this mount is very stable and will allow your scope to maintain zero settings through multiple rounds. It is well rated at 4.6/5 for its ability to be a reliable and good quality mount.
2. Burris Optics P.E.P.R. Riflescope Mount — Runner Up
The Burris Optics P.E.P.R. Riflescope Mount is popular for its reliability and durability. It features both Picatinny and Weaver ring tops and makes mounting a scope to your rifle relatively easy.
This scope mount allows as much as 2″ of forward scope positioning which provides ample clearance to protect your eye from recoil. This clearance also allows space for using a night vision device or a long eye relief scope.
This scope is available in 1″, 30mm and 34mm sizes while the Quick Detach feature is only available on the 1″ and 30mm models. The 34mm model comes with 20 MOA of built-in cantilever for long-distance shooting.
- 2″ of forward scope positioning
- Available in 1″, 30mm and 34mm models
- Includes both Picatinny and Weaver ring tops
- Quick Detach models for the 1″ and 34mm sizes
- Versatile to use on both Picatinny and Weaver rails
- The Quick Detach models allow you the flexibility of attaching and detaching the optic easy without tools
- It comes with extra screws to prevent slippage caused by recoil
- It has a streamlined and lightweight design with smoothed contours and edges
- The cam locks become lose after multiple uses which means the optic will not hold your zero
This scope is one of the best in the market because of its high performance and good price. But some users had reservations about the mount having not been manufactured in North America. Overall, it has excellent ratings for its durability and price at 4.6/5.
3. Vortex Optics Sport Cantilever Riflescope Mount
The Vortex Optics Sport Cantilever Riflescope Mount is another a highly rated scope mount. It is popular with hunters because it fits most AR-15 scopes and it is also adaptable for use on both Weaver and Picatinny rails.
This mount comes with an option of 2″ and 3″ forward scope positioning which allows proper eye relief and head placement on your rifle. When mounted, it will position the center of the riflescope tube at 40.39mm from the base and you can choose between a 30mm and 1″ tube diameter.
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- 0-MOA elevation
- 30mm or 1″ tube diameter
- 2″ or 3″ forward scope position
- Made of sturdy and durable aluminum that is also lightweight
- It is a steady mount that will retain the sight even after multiple uses as it does not loosen quickly
- Easy to install
- It does not have a QD model which some users would prefer
- Some users were unable to fit their scopes in the 1″ tube diameter
This scope mount is very sturdy. Most users agreed that it holds steady against multiple recoils without losing zero. It is also easy to install and also allows for easy adjustments.
4. American Defense Recon X-30-STD Riflescope Optic Mount
The American Defense Recon X-30-STD Riflescope Optic Mount base provides a solid mount for your scope. It features a dual lever Quick Release mount which can be configured to lock to the front or to the rear.
The cantilever on this scope mount provides the longest built-in eye relief offered on all their mounts. It also features the QD Auto Lock Lever system which allows it to be fully adjustable to fit both in spec and out of spec rails.
- Precision machined from 6061 T6 aluminum and finished in abrasion-resistant hard-coat anodized for a lifetime of high performance
- Patented QD Auto Lock Lever system
- Made in the U.S.A and comes with a lifetime warranty
- The Patented QD Auto Lock Lever system can lock to the front or to the rear
- The lock is adjustable to accommodate both Picatinny and Weaver rails
- The levers have a smart and easy to use locking system
- You can easily adjust it with your finger or a flatbed screwdriver
- It is pricier than most scope mounts in its category
This scope mount is high quality and durable which may justify its higher cost. Regardless of the cost, it is highly rated at 4.6/5. Most users of this scope mount regularly use their rifles and require a long-lasting and dependable mount such as this mount.
5. Mizugiwa 1-Inch Cantilever Flat Top Rifle Scope Mount — Best for Money
The Mizugiwa 1-Inch Cantilever Flat Top Rifle Scope Mount is the lowest priced scope mount on our list. This scope mount is designed for standard 1″ tube scopes for mounting on 20mm Picatinny rail equipped AR 15 style rifles. Its ring bases are milled as a single unit and will remain sturdy under heavy recoil sustained fire.
The ring tops feature Picatinny tops for mounting laser flashlight, compact red dot, and additional accessories. It features 2″ of forward scope positioning and it requires at least 3″ of rail space to install.
- 1″ rings
- One-piece mount
- High-quality aluminum alloy material
- Fits Picatinny rails
- 3″ as the total length
- It features 6 bolts on each ring that allow you to torque down your scope to specifications
- This cantilever pulls the scope forward for perfect eye relief and also allow you enough room to operate
- The mount fits tightly on the rail and will securely hold the scope in place
- Not suitable for high power rifles because it doesn’t hold well
This rifle scope mount is suitable for light-duty shooting tasks because it has less material in the finished product. The alignment will require a bit of adjusting but under normal circumstances, it will still do the job well. It is well rated at 4.4/5 because it is also adaptable for add on accessories.
6. Leapers Inc. UTG Accu — Sync Offset Picatinny Rings
Leapers Inc. UTG Accu – Sync Offset Picatinny Rings offers a precise fit to Picatinny rails. This is a medium profile mount that fits 1″ scope tubes with up to a 61mm outer objective diameter.
It is made of precision machined aircraft-grade aluminum and finished in a matte black hard coat anodize. The mount is significantly lightweight without compromising quality and durability. It also features smoothed edges and corners to prevent snagging and to allow for comfortable access to scope windage and elevation turrets.
It is constructed as a single unit which also allows for flexible movement of the optical system. The mount can also be flipped better eye relief, especially for young users.
- 34mm offset distance
- 18mm saddle height
- 100mm base length
- 1″ tube diameter
- This mount utilizes Torx screws and square-shaped integral recoil stops for a secure and repeatable zero hold
- The cantilever of this scope mount offsets 34mm forward or backward from the base to close the gap for better eye relief. You can also flip the mount for increased eye relief
- It holds up well. If you require a heavy-duty scope mount, we can recommend this mount
- It is high quality and affordable
- Some users found this mount to be short for their AR 15 rifle
The advantage of a single unit mount is that it greatly reduces the chance of one section becoming loose due to the vibration of recoil. It is well rated by heavy-duty users at 4.4/5 because of its reliability and ability to hold zero settings on the scope after multiple rounds.
7. Warne Extended Skeletonized 30mm AR 15 Mount
The Warne Extended Skeletonized 30mm AR 15 Mount is a high-performance rifle scope mount that has been designed to be reliable and efficient. The manufacturer of this scope mount has had a long experience in designing cantilever style scope mounts such as this one.
This mount is built of lightweight skeletonized aluminum and uses 8 Torx bolts with steel threaded inserts for the ring top screws to prevent stripping. Although it is lightweight, its bases are solid and it is a very reliable mount.
Apart from 30mm, it also comes in 1″ and 34mm tube diameters as well as a 20MOA version. This mount comes in a wide variety of colors to match your taste.
- Lightweight skeletonized aluminum body
- 1″, 30mm & 34mm tube diameters
- 8 Torx screws
- Extended cantilever design
- It has a wide variety of colors to choose from
- It is a very solid mount because of the Torx screws and steel inserts. It will hold your scope firmly and will retain your zero settings through several rounds of firing
- Most users appreciate its weight and aesthetics of this mount
- Some users would have appreciated a quick-detach version of this mount
There are very few disadvantages to this mount. It is an excellent choice if you heavily use your rifle because of its stability and endurance. It is very highly rated at 4.8/5.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Scope Mount for AR15
There are many different types of scope mounts in the market, which affords you a wide selection to choose from. It also could be especially confusing if this is your first time buying a scope mount.
Here are a few guidelines to help you decide so that you have an easier time getting one:
A cheap scope mount does not necessarily mean that it is of poor quality. Some of the best-priced scope mounts in the market are constructed with high-quality materials such as aircraft-grade aluminum 6061 which has high tensile strength. It is durable and finishes well in hard coat anodizes.
Another consideration is whether to get a one-piece scope mount which has the advantage of adding the height of the scope into a comfortable position on the AR 15. It can also offset a longer scope forward for proper eye relief and you have the benefit of having both rings automatically aligned.
AR 15 scope mounts are not as widely customizable as the AR 15 rifles but they do offer a few features such as quick-release levers. They can also be adaptable to accessories such as laser flashlights and other add ons.
Most scope mounts are fairly easy to install and most will last for a couple of hundreds of rounds before wearing down and losing sight. We’ve reviewed the best scope mounts in the market that will give you good service, are well priced and will not damage your rifle.
Overall, we recommend the Atibal 30mm Tactical Precision Mount as one of the best scope mounts for AR 15s, if not the best. It has a solid construction, comes with the best QD system in the market for use on both Picatinny and Weaver rails. It is the best for reliability and will stand heavy-duty usage without going off alignment.